Odor control 4 new room

dakota grown

I'm planning on turning a spare room in my new house into 2 grow rooms about 5x7 (veg/flower). The only thing I'm struggling to figure out is ventilation/odor control. I need to know how well these carbon filters work. Can I cover the odor of 15-20 plants well enough to vent the air back into the house, so I don't have to vent all that warm air out of the house all winter long? Also, will a 200 cfm fan be enough to cool 2 1000W lights and both rooms? Any help will be rewarded with good karma :allgood:

a 200cfm fan for 2 35sf rooms and 2 1k lights? Heck no! Your going to find that no matter what the cfm calculator says...your going to need more ventilation which means more fans. When you build your room leave the ability to add more fans (both intake and exhaust) to your set up. You'll thank yourself later on. Trust me.lol

And yes...carbon filters are worth it! Nothing better IMO. I have friends who grow in big city apartments who swear by the carbon filters and they need as much security as possible. lol

yup, new plan. one 5x7 room, 1000W air-cooled mh, 440 cfm fan, carbon filter rated @ 400 cfm, 3 4"x7" inlets, one 6" outlet. Don't know what the hell I was thinking before:laughtwo:

shit, just when I thought I had it all figured out. I already bought the light, now I'm starting to think I bit off more than I can chew. Humidity problems never occurred to me. I'm completely at a loss, what recommendations can you give me? I'm trying to set this up in a mobile home (in an area where the outside temps range from -10F to 110F), so I want to minimize the cutting of holes in my outside walls. We've been in a drought for 8 yrs now, so the air is usually pretty dry. I rarely have any visitors that aren't cool, so odor in the house would only be an occasional worry, hopefully covered by air fresheners and/or an ionizer. This will be my first serious grow attempt, so you'll have to excuse me for being a little clueless. Once again, thanks boss for all the help. When you live in the middle of nowhere like I do, there's really no one to turn to locally for any useful advice.

the reflector is a sunsystems yieldmaster 4" ( if I'd known how damn hot the s.o.b. was gonna be I would have gotten the 6" version). I should be able to vent cool air from outside of the grow room, through the light, and out the inline exhaust fan. I also plan to hook the carbon filter to the fan via a Y-adapter, thereby exhausting heat & smell.

shit, just when I thought I had it all figured out. I already bought the light, now I'm starting to think I bit off more than I can chew. Humidity problems never occurred to me. I'm completely at a loss, what recommendations can you give me? I'm trying to set this up in a mobile home (in an area where the outside temps range from -10F to 110F), so I want to minimize the cutting of holes in my outside walls. We've been in a drought for 8 yrs now, so the air is usually pretty dry. I rarely have any visitors that aren't cool, so odor in the house would only be an occasional worry, hopefully covered by air fresheners and/or an ionizer. This will be my first serious grow attempt, so you'll have to excuse me for being a little clueless. Once again, thanks boss for all the help. When you live in the middle of nowhere like I do, there's really no one to turn to locally for any useful advice.
It's a pain trying to grow in a mobile ain't it?:cheesygrinsmiley: I live in a 24 x 60 1976 3 bed 2 bath fleetwood mobile. I converted my bathtub area off the master bedroom into my room. It ended up being a 4' x 5' area with about 7 foot of head room with a drain and water connections already installed.:cheesygrinsmiley: We are shower people so the only thing we really lost was the tub as we have a separate shower in the bathroom already. I found with my room that ventilation was the key.
Another option to increase humidity is to buy a cool mist humidifier. I picked one up from a local drug store (Rite-Aid) for $30.00.

Back
Top Bottom