Odor Control during dry/cure

Brettski13

Hey!!!

So im doing my first grow, and I was just thinking ahead to the drying and curing stage of the process. Its going to be a closet grow in a semi dense neighborhood. I was planning on harvesting the plant in the backyard, and thought that maybe I could just leave the buds in bins in the backyard to let them dry. I have heard that during harvest the smell gets really bad; because its outside will the smell still be really noticeable?

After they are done drying the plan was to put them in jars to let them cure. And I have read on this forum that you should put the jars in a cool dark place for them to cure. Since my roommates are pretty against the whole thing, I dont really see storing the jars in the basement or attic for fear of someone smelling it as they walk by. I guess my question is does the MJ still smell once you put it in the jar? Would a place like under the deck (or somwheres like that) be a decent alternative for them to cure?

Thanks in advance!! Any and all constructive advice is welcome!:Namaste:

The odor is strong during most of the flower phase right through harvest, curing and storage.

Harvesting outdoors will send that odor wafting around to your neighbors. Yes, still strong outside. Like a dead skunk. Sweet, sweet dead skunk... :yummy:

My preference would be to harvest indoors, with windows and doors closed and no chance of having visitors until it can be jarred up. Once it's in jars, you can stop worrying about odor. Mason style canning jars are essentially odor-proof.

Odor is a bitch when growing cannabis, it is wise to plan ahead for dealing with it.

:goodluck:

Leaving it outside would subject it to more moisture and blight (mold)Chop it down take it to the woods or a place where no one is.Trim it and place it in a diy dry box with a couple of silent pc fans and a home made filter.It will stink more on hotter days when its growing.There are alot of ways to make it,I would google it..

Back
Top Bottom