Creeper

Hello Grow Gurus...

I have a pretty straightforward question about plant odor. I plan on having a grow of no more than 4 plants, in soil. I will build an enclosure for them, probably about 3x3x5, veg them for a bit, then flower them. The enclosure will be illuminated with to-be-determined fluorescent lights to keep cost and heat issues down (compared to HID).

The enclosure will be conveniently located next to my dryer, so I will be able to splice in the cabinet exhaust with the dryer exhaust. This exhaust runs up into the attic and then out a vent on my roof.

What I'm concerned about is the odor of the plants. I must absolutely, positively have no odor escape my house or grow room, and preferably have no odor escape the cabinet. I'll try to weather-strip the cabinet as best I can to prevent light & odor leakage, and I'll baffle the intake/exhaust fans. But, odor will undoubtedly leak out regardless of how tight it is.

How can this be accomplished on a budget? Will a decent exhaust fan, combined with a carbon filter, actually scrub all the odor? What type of CFM should I be looking for? What about just using an air purifier (ionizer)? Or must I use both to be super-safe? Has anyone built a homemade carbon filter that can actually compete with a store-bought one?

Any and all suggestions would be most helpful :grinjoint:. The sooner I can solve the odor issue, the sooner I can get the grow going, the sooner I can smoke up my own ganja! Remember, I'm thinking inexpensive.

in expensive is not in my vocabulary... Check around creeper, there are some good DIY plans for about all your needs and a few good ones on carbon filters.. As long as you are pulling out a little more then you are pumping in the smell should go right out the vent...:peace:

I read on some other thread here on 420 that air ionizers removes a lot of odor. I can't verify though.

Thanks for the helpful tips, guys (or gals). That link is very helpful, opcgrow, thanks. Along with odor removal, air circulation was another concern.

Back
Top Bottom