Odor level of Gorilla Glue #4

Phillybonker

I grew a Gorilla Glue #4 cross last year and noticed it didn't have much smell. Has anyone else grown Gorilla Glue #4 or a cross of it and did you think it was low odor or not really?

I'm trying to make up my mind if Gorilla Glue #4 is low odor or not since I only grew out a cross of it so I can't be sure.

I wouldn't consider GG4 to be "low odor" at all. A small jar of buds of it can stink up a room quickly. Growing it also is pretty stinky, and even more so when the buds or plant is moved or brushed while budding...

I wouldn't consider GG4 to be "low odor" at all. A small jar of buds of it can stink up a room quickly. Growing it also is pretty stinky, and even more so when the buds or plant is moved or brushed while budding...
Noticed that on my last grow, touching the buds/bursting the resin glands really stinks the place up. I'll have to be more careful on my next grow.

Noticed that on my last grow, touching the buds/bursting the resin glands really stinks the place up. I'll have to be more careful on my next grow.
Carbon scrubber's are excellent for keeping the smell down. Not sure what kind of setup you are using to grow, but if you don't have a carbon scrubber/filter, I highly recommend one. I flower inside of grow tents and with a carbon scrubber you can't smell anything outside of the tent... I even dry my harvests in the tent and you can't smell anything outside of the tent.

Carbon scrubber's are excellent for keeping the smell down. Not sure what kind of setup you are using to grow, but if you don't have a carbon scrubber/filter, I highly recommend one. I flower inside of grow tents and with a carbon scrubber you can't smell anything outside of the tent... I even dry my harvests in the tent and you can't smell anything outside of the tent.
My grow will be outdoors in a densely populated area, which is the reason I've got to keep the odor levels down.

My grow will be outdoors in a densely populated area, which is the reason I've got to keep the odor levels down.
ahhh Gotcha.... maybe a huge sign on your fence that says "Philly's Skunk Farm, stay away or get sprayed" might work... :laughtwo: kidding of course...

Best of luck to ya! maybe some strains that are similar to fruits or flowers might be good..... I ran Chocolate Thai not to long ago and it really lacked the "weed" smell and smelled more like baked goods, cloves and autumn spices.

My grow will be outdoors in a densely populated area

That might be like asking the thieves and the police to fight over who ends up with your plants. Good luck with it, though.

ahhh Gotcha.... maybe a huge sign on your fence that says "Philly's Skunk Farm, stay away or get sprayed" might work... :laughtwo: kidding of course...

Best of luck to ya! maybe some strains that are similar to fruits or flowers might be good..... I ran Chocolate Thai not to long ago and it really lacked the "weed" smell and smelled more like baked goods, cloves and autumn spices.
Chocolate Thai would be good but it is a bit too long flowering for where I'm at. I'll research into fruity smelling strains though, that's a good idea. Thanks:)

I grew two low odor strains, Northern Lights (twice) and Durban Poison. Both of these strains had a relatively low odor during flower, but drying and curing was another story. If I take the top off my Mason jars, both strains will stink up a room like a lemony skunk fast! The odor calms down a bit after 3 months or so on a jar, but it's still strong...

So, I think many of the strains considered low odor are talking about while flowering.

GG is NOT a strain I've seen listed as low odor by breeders, I'm happy to hear it's not so strong. Maybe I can grow it. (Im stuck hiding my grow, even though its legal)

Back
Top Bottom