Phresh filter has a calculator on their website you can use to calculate the filter size. You can DIY some stuff for cheaper but in the end not much cheaper and it is a decent chunk of work. There is a great DIY section on this website with tons of examples of DIY filters.

If you go with a conventional filter make sure to get a fan speed controller and go with a filter slightly over-sized so you can run the fan slow to keep the noise down and extend the life of both the filter and fan.

for example lets say the calculator says you need 300CFM filtering going on. Then you can get a 400CFM filter with a 400CFM fan and run it down lower (I actually find with the lights off I run it nearly off just enough to make negative pressure) and you will have a quiet good setup.

Don't run a 500CFM Fan full speed on a 400CFM filter you will be overloading the fan and wearing it out and over running the filter and letting smells out.

Again I find as long as I run it fast enough to maintain negative pressure the smell is taken care of. I don't need to run it full tilt. I can use the outside room temp, by opening a door, to cool off the room my tent is in and then run the fan lower to maintain temps. That increases fan and filter life.

:goodluck:

Indoor, micro setup and need advice on odor control

Also, if its a serious concern then get yourself a strain with less of a smell...Northern Lights for example is pretty neutral. I grew cinderella99 (c99) & the smell was gorgeous, very fruity like, you wouldn't know it was cannabis.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom