Odorous' 2nd Tent Grow - Hindu Kush

Odorous

<yawns> <stretches>

Alright Round 2 *DING*

Hey everyone, just got started on another grow tonight. A few changes tho since last time (if anyone was paying attention lol).

Strain: Hindu Kush
In/out: Indoor
Medium: Soil (FFOF)
Fertilizer: Unsure yet
# of Plants: 10 germinated, and they're not feminized so well see!
Light: 24''x12'' T5 flouro; 400w HPS

I'm actually gonna go for the SCRoG this time in the same tent my last grow took place in. It's a 3x3x6 tent (white inside). Like i said, 10 seeds germed and I just planted all of them into little quart sized square plastic pots about an hour ago. I'd like to think I'll have room for up to 5 or 6 because I'm not going to let them get NEARLY as tall as last time(6ft), what with the screen and all, but I guess we'll wait n see what happens.

Also not sure if I'm going to be able to make clones to find sex either unfortunately. With the grow set up the way it is now, I really don't have a lot of room or extra space to setup a separate station...

Speaking of the way it's set up now, I've decided not to keep my tent in my closet this time. Last time it created a lot of HEAT issues as well as a VERY cramped work space. With it out in the open, I'm going to have plenty of space to work this screen in there.

My cam's outta batteries right now or I'd have a few shots to show you the setup. No worries tho, I'll have batteries tomorrow, plus there's nothing exciting to see yet since nothing popped out yet!

Changes from last grow:
-Soil grow this time
-Better work space
-NOT bagseed, Hindu Kush this time!
-More plants (last time 2)

Well wish me luck! And also, if anyone has experience with HK, I'd like to hear what you think of the strain! I've no experience with it, growing nor tasting =/

-Odorous-

*UPDATE*
DAY 15

Alright sorry about the slack here, but ive got batteries n my camera working again so I think I'll be posting a lot more (not to mention the quickk growth were going thru right now lol).

So here's the soil I've been using thus far. Just the MG Seed Starter + Perlite until today.
420_0401.jpg

I'm new to FFOF and was told not to use it right away or it'll burn the babies, so I just stuck with that seed starter stuff, worked out pretty good I'd say?

420_0351.jpg

420_0381.jpg

420_0361.jpg

420_0391.jpg

^This one here on the bottom left of pic was showing some stress and all of them were bone dry, so I had watered this one while I ran to the store to get supplies for today's mission.

So to kinda introduce them to FFOF, what I did was just top the soil off with an inch or 2 of FFOF. Idk if this is a good idea or not, but it seemed to make sense to me. Lay an inch or 2 of FFOF on top and water, n figure that'd allow some nute run-off in the FFOF to get to the roots. When I transplant, they'll be going straight into FFOF so. Not sure how long that'll be but we'll see.

So BEFORE
420_0391.jpg

*POOF*
420_041.jpg

and AFTER^

Here's a few more after shots
420_042.jpg

420_0431.jpg

420_0431.jpg

Also, here's a shot of the setup:
420_0341.jpg

(sorry, I forget how to rotate :hmmmm: )

So yeah, there's that. I'll try to keep up with the updates! Sorry about my instant hiatus!

-O

DAY 16

So it was about time to start toying ;)

They responded and bounced back QUITE well after their lil soil addition. The bit of nutes seemed to be well appreciated! Now just can't wait until they're ready to tranplant into the stuff straight up!

I topped all of them on day 16
420_0531.jpg

420_0542.jpg

420_0552.jpg

DAY 17

K so if I'm going SCRoG, I'm gonna need a lotta tops right?..

What goes well with topping then?.......

Some Bondage! :yikes:

420_0612.jpg

^In this pic you'll see the 4 that were NOT tied up yet.
(it'd be the top one on the right, middle right, bottom 2)

420_0641.jpg

420_0631.jpg

420_0622.jpg

Here's why I didn't top this one:
420_0602.jpg

Didn't quite need it to those lil undeveloped tops started.. they should all branch up fine!

And here's to show everyone what I'm doing. It's pretty standard LST training, but in case anyone wants to see how it works, here are some good pics from all angles of the operation.
420_0561.jpg

420_0581.jpg

420_0572.jpg

420_0591.jpg

That's all for now folks, if anyone's paying attention I'd at least appreciate a "hello" lol so I know I'm not crazy babbling to myself ;)

I'll keep everyone in the loop as to as how this LST/prune works out!

:peacetwo:

-O

DAY 20

KK so here we are in day 20 veg cycle. I've been checkin on em about twice a day and tucking leaves n bending shoots. Just to make the LST action more effective ;)

Today i topped #1 (i think :scratchinghead: ) it was one of the only ones not topped. I'm pretty sure there's only one more not topped. #1 and the other not topped are the 2 right up front (or on the bottom if youre looking thru the ''Odorous Sky Cam 420"). Also, I tied down the one that was topped n not tied =)

Before screwin around:
420_0652.jpg

After:
420_0771.jpg

Here are some pics of the last one to be topped to give you an idea of their size if they were growling ''el naturalle". Granted the front 2 are growing a LOT slower than the rest... also some pics of its topping.
420_0701.jpg

420_0711.jpg

I wasn't intentionally trying to, but i think (hopefully i did!) i FIMMED this one.... we'll see tho. On my last grow, I attempted FIMming and all i did was trim the leaves so they came out all butchered up haha :rofl: :goof:
420_0721.jpg

420_0731.jpg

Now, with 10 lil babies in here, of COURSE I'm using it to experiment :thumb:

With THIS one, I chopped off some of the "fan" leaves I guess you could call em. They're just bigger leaves that are growing right in front of up n coming shoots. We'll see how it works out!
420_0741.jpg

you can clearly see there's a big set missing lol

This one's blurry, but you can see if you look hard enough where I chopped the leaves.
420_0751.jpg

Now for just some random shots of the garden and how the plants are adhering to the LST.
420_0761.jpg

420_0771.jpg

420_0681.jpg

^^ some of that tuck action ;)

420_0661.jpg

Also, Here's a few shots from my last garden. This is the object and my style of LST'ing.....
IMG_03252.JPG

IMG_04171.JPG

IMG_04585.JPG

IMG_04574.JPG

Granted that one turned out to be male =( but I'll be aiming to achieve that kind of growth with these plants. The difference is I'll be screening this time...... Unchartered territory for the ol' O man here. So I'm coming across some soon to be issues.

Sexing! Now optimally, I'd like to just clone all 10 of these fuckers and sex em' n that'd answer everything for me. But let's be honest, I'm gonna need a few clones for each, equalling 20-30 damn clones that I simply DONT have the room for. I'd really rather NOT set up a cloning station here...

So---->> If I just wait and pick males as they show, how much of a bitch is it gonna be to pull them out of the screen? Granted, when they show sex, they're already going to be woven through the screen and gripped tight!..

Idk, if anyone here is a pro SCROG'er, I'd love to hear from you! thanks!

Keep you all posted!

BTW Welcome funnystyle and growheart! This grow is going pretty well so far! Should be a good full screen! Stick around for next week's episode..

-O

Hey odorous I just read through your first grow, now I am even more stoked to see how this one goes for you because even with seeds that last crop looked like a decent haul! I can see why your concerned with sexing , looks like it bit you in the ass last grow.

I am still hoping I got that hermie of mine out in time... Cause it seems that seeds can sometimes pop up by surprise!

Looking forward to watching the SCRoG evolve.

hey growheart dude!

yeah seeds fucking BLOW!... that last batch was completely seeded and the crop didnt get you that high :/.. total disappointment which is why i went on hiatus :(...

the first male i had last time that was trained *so* nice really brought me down, and i barely put any time into that crop afterwards. This time im doing it right =) and it seems to be paying off. Your grow seems to be going well too bro, hope you got that hermie out too ......

Heads up: Just got buckets to transplant into, also have another t5 same size on the way, spread this shit out and get REALLY poppin here, watchu think??

Pics soon!

Welcome bokstavsbarn

yup that was the idea man!... wait til you see how they look now! I'm going to be transplanting very soon, maybe tomorrow. Will post pics afterwards.

whats a smart pot?

dude funnystyle you crack me up..

SHOW ME THE MONEY JERRY!!! i got that shit stuck in my head right now!!!!.... fuck it, im youtubin it

DAY 24

Alright guys, so like I said, I'm getting another t5 to put in here, same exact one i have now, but ill put em side by side to get complete action because this is too many plants to have under ONE light...

Also, I'll be waiting to transplant cuz when I transplant, like i said, it's going to take up almost the entire floor of the tent and I can't cover that with just this one light.

Serious competition going on in here tho!! This light has to hurry up and arrive!!!!

420_0781.jpg

^think topping/lst'ing helped?.....

420_0791.jpg

Now here's a few shots of the LST in action, in case anyone's new to it, this'll help show you what's going on with it. A lot of these plants you'll notice, the bottom shoot turns out to be the tallest now!

420_0811.jpg

420_0801.jpg

420_0831.jpg

420_0821.jpg

^this one here was tied down the latest. Still 2 of em (i think :scratchinghead: ) are NOT tied down

420_0841.jpg

^like this one!

And here's a few shots to give you an idea of what the tent's size is like, and what I'll be working with with the new transplant.

420_0851.jpg

420_0861.jpg

Lastly, on a side note: I've yet to add any ferts to the feeding. Solely distilled water. Still mostly the MG seed starter with 1inch topsoil being FFOF. Can't wait to get these babies in full pots of FFOF!!! I know they gotta be reaching limits in there....

-Stay tuned for the next episode-

-O

Back
Top Bottom