OG Ghost Train Haze & Strawberry Amnesia - T5 Veg - 2000W Flower - SIP Hybrid System

Re: OG Ghost Train Haze & Strawberry Amnesia - T5 Veg - 2000W Flower - SIP Hybrid Sys

JustMeds, between the Crab Meal, Diatamatious Earth, and a few other odds and ends, the girls get plenty of Silica. I'm thinking its because this little lady was tucked into the corner in the Veg room... Not enough air movement was probably the biggest factor. I started using silica a few cycles into growing and immediately noticed a difference. Now it's a regular feed additive in my top dress teas.

That's what I'm shooting for JustMeds! This is only the second run in this new room. The 1st round was just 2 hydro plants, and I ended up with 15 from the Strawberry Amnesia and 11 off of the OG Ghost Train Haze. This is also my first attempt at running a recirculating, sub irrigated - soil system. So it will be a bit of a learning experience.

We're are starting week 2 since the lights were flipped to 11-13. Running both lights at 1000 W, and only having added filtered water to the main rez to keep it topped off. Going from a single layered screen on the last run, I started the screen about a foot lower this time, and it has already needed two more screens. Each 6 inches apart, roughly 6 in squares.

These girls are only on day 9 of 11 - 13 BigBearNTexas, they have easily doubled in size in those 9 days! These SIPs are amazing TurboBucket! Today is the first time I have had to touch these plants since they went into this room nearly three weeks ago, aside from screening. I just trimmed up the bottoms of the OG's to keep any of the canopy from touching the mulch. Other than that, they drink anywhere from 5-10 gallons of fresh water every day (plus evaporation), and I only have to check to make sure the equipment is still running.

These girls are only on day 9 of 11 - 13 BigBearNTexas, they have easily doubled in size in those 9 days! These SIPs are amazing TurboBucket! Today is the first time I have had to touch these plants since they went into this room nearly three weeks ago, aside from screening. I just trimmed up the bottoms of the OG's to keep any of the canopy from touching the mulch. Other than that, they drink anywhere from 5-10 gallons of fresh water every day (plus evaporation), and I only have to check to make sure the equipment is still running.

What's your medium mix at if you don't mind me asking? I see that the wick is 1:1.

What's your medium mix at if you don't mind me asking? I see that the wick is 1:1.

My medium consists of roughly 30% ProMix BX, 20% perlite, 10% worm castings, the remaining 40% is comprised of my composted super soil. I could try and tell you what's all in the super soil, but its been going for a year now... So... A little bit of everything I guess.

It's the end of wk 3 and I still haven't had to worry about anything but trimming and training in this new room! The girls are nothing but healthy, with no teas or extra nutrients (aside from what was put in the soil during their last transplant). They have started drinking less as they appear to be done with their initial stretch.

A pic of the roots growing through the fabric pots

That is sure looking good. I may be using some of your ideas someday.

Thanks JustMeds! I go for as simple as possible, whenever possible. I'm still working on updating my Veg room to match this setup. I'm even debating incorporating my aquaponics into the mix again. Sub Irrigated Aquaponics, does have a nice ring to it...

I actually grow mint, and cilantro off of my 250 gal fish pond in my basement for making foilar pest sprays.

I am listening how you make and use it?

Roughly a cup of each herb (fresh), other herbs could be added as well. Send that through a blender, or food processor to mince it up. Add a cup off water and let it sit over night. The next day strain the liquid, mix with a half gallon of water, and spray away. Like I said... I like to keep things simple.

Back
Top Bottom