OG Kush 200W LED in Coco/Perlite

Dr.McNugget

Hello all! First, thanks to the many knowledgeable growers for sharing their craft and time here so that us noobs may progress! This is my first time indoors, so lets just call it my first time! This is a medical grow for my own personal medication.

What strain is it? I was told it's OG Kush, nothing more specific as to which one and honestly I'm not sure because I've compared many pics of many diff OG cultivars and I can't find anything similar; any opinion on exactly what this is would be welcome!

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? They def have indica looking leaves but they're strectchy!
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower, day 8

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Coco and perlite 3gal

Size of light?
205W HydroGrowLed Penetrator

Is it aircooled? yes

Temp of Room/cab? 75hi-65lo
RH of Room/cab? ~55 all day, gets close to 65 at night

PH of media or res? I use distilled or RO water, add nutes, aerate manually, then ph to 5.8

Any Pests ? Aside from some gnats in the tent nothing else Im aware of, they've been sprayed with Eisenstein Oil about 5 times total; once every 3 days after I received them.

How often are you watering?At first only as needed, but I've been feeding everyday for almost a week now.
Type and strength of ferts used?

GH Flora Nova Grow:2ml/gal
GH Flora Nova Bloom:2ml/gal
Hygrozyme : 8ml/gal
Cal Mag Plus: 5ml/gal (first gal i used 8ml/gal to supplement coco)
Superthrive: 1 drop/gal
Great White beneficials
I also foliar feed the Liquid Karma daily just after the light comes on.

Sounds great! I'm doing a coco grow right now as well. Can't wait to see pics!

GL with the grow brotha! :goodluck:

Here they are on the first day of flower. I fimmed one in a few spots and Named her Fimina. The other I left whole and planned an active LST, Her name is Betty cause she's into bondage. So Fimina is in the back on the right with Betty in front of her and I made the one on the left a mother (after a week of flower I decided the footprint of this light wasn't big enough, ouch for what I paid for it.)
8-10-101.JPG

If you notice the crispy critters in the background, they were some God's Gift that I promptly sent back to him!(god) Flora Nova is no joke.....

Bettys top in Day 2:
8-12-10top.JPG

Same top Day 3:
8-13-10top.JPG

And day 6:
8-16-10top.JPG

I had to add another tie for each of the pics above. 3 ties in 4 days. I'd tie her down in the am and 6 hours later the tips would be vertical, had no idea they could phototrop that fast, this was actually what made me mom the other for fear of continued stretch.

Family Pic day 6: Fimina on left Betty Back right and mom up front, this was the day I decided to revert the mom.....
If you noticed the bucket, I toyed with the idea of fermenting CO2 but i think i got the wring yeast cause they would go thru 2litres of supersaturated sugar water in like 3 hours, way too fast cause i dont feel like fucking with a yeast slurry 4 times a day.....
8-16family.jpg

Fiminas Fimmed top. At first I wasn't sure if i Fimm'd the Fim, still not. Any opinion?
8-16fimtop.jpg

Anyone have a thought on this?

8-18-10ylw.JPG

im thinking mag but I haven't been shy with the calmag so I dunno. this whole inert medium and fine-tune nutrients thing is totally new and confusing, my intuition was to go with soil for my first but I was talked into coco. So i figured if im gonna learn why not learn it all? well this is why, cause im lost and worried.....they've been falling off between every 3-4 days. working the way upward, the big nice previously healthy fan leaves start yellowing and then this....

heres the same leaf in the am today:
IMG_8066.JPG

and 6 hours later:

IMG_8092.JPG

Any thoughts/suggestions/criticism/support is greatly appreciated!

I would be leaning towards upping the calmg to 10-15 ml/gal. especially with RO.

Hello Dr. McNugget and congratulations on the grow OG is legendary with many different phenos out there. IMO the LA version is the one highly prized and sought after by all MMJ and MJ users alike. One story thats out there is that one seed was found in a bag bought at a Dead show and it was germed the rest as they say is history. In my diagnosis I would lean towards overwatering but I do not use GH Nutes I use H&G and spray with their foliar feed called Magic Green but would ask PitViper or The Butcher as they are intimately involved with GH Flora Nova nutes and will be able to diagnose properly quite quickly.
+rep for asking and a great journal

So I fed them again yesterday afternoon cause I was getting worried and the people at the grow shop suggested that I dial my ph UP just a lil to 6.0, back off on the hygrozyme and bump the calmag.... so thats what I did, also I bumped up the flora nova to 2.5ml/gal for both grow and bloom(this will be the last feeding with grow) and added 1/ml of liquid Kool bloom, then I logged on and saw these sweet replys Thanks all!
sweet light....How much you pay for it???
WTFM! Sticker here was 700. Don't get me wrong, I like it and all, but she's raping people for that kinda money and that footprint (30"x30"), raping people and breeding competition........Actually LED-FREAK, I'm sure I owe you a thank you, my memorys not the best(wow) but I'm pretty sure some of your exposition on LED's has helped me get the balls together and make the $700 LED dive (I've just read so much latley I can't remember where or who I heard it from all the time, something i used to be able to count on....wow)For me the 7 was worth it because i didn't spend extra money on cooling and operating that cooling and I won't have to replace it for quite a while.I'm convinced they are the future! thanks for that! And FYI I got an idea workin for these LED's if you care to rap.....

I would be leaning towards upping the calmg to 10-15 ml/gal. especially with RO.
Thanks SnowBender! Yea, I upped it to 10ml/gal and fed again yesterday, then I see you and wingmans post's today so hopefully its not overwatering......thanks for checkin me out and helpin me out brotha!

Hello Dr. McNugget and congratulations on the grow OG is legendary with many different phenos out there. IMO the LA version is the one highly prized and sought after by all MMJ and MJ users alike. One story thats out there is that one seed was found in a bag bought at a Dead show and it was germed the rest as they say is history. In my diagnosis I would lean towards overwatering but I do not use GH Nutes I use H&G and spray with their foliar feed called Magic Green but would ask PitViper or The Butcher as they are intimately involved with GH Flora Nova nutes and will be able to diagnose properly quite quickly.
+rep for asking and a great journal

Hey wingman, thank you!! Yea, I read a ton of stories about the Larry and all these different cuts when I was trying to make sure I didn't get beat. It's kind of a shame that the history is so muddled on this one. I would be honored if PitViper or TheButcher had an opinion! I was told that you cannot overwater coco and to treat it more like hydro. Now I feel I should mention that they were rooted in soil and were starting to get bound when i got them. I did my best to loosen an remove as much of the soil as possible with out destroying the roots. Since then I usually water just the coco part if I'm watering more than a day in a row.

Ok here are this mornings spray time photos....yes, i only had one sock on this morning.....

Heres a top from betty becoming a flower....i think its a lil yellow for my liking....
bettytop8-20.jpg

Budsites on Fimina:
budsites8-20.JPG

Closeup of budsties on fiminas top (comments on FIM job greatly appreciated, I have no clue if i cut too much or too little...):
budsites2-8-20.JPG

Fimina's Footprint (6"tile):
fimfootprint8-20.JPG

Betty's Footprint:
bettyfootprint8-20.JPG

Family Footprint (the tape is drawn out to 30"; the recommended size for the light is 30*30....more on this later):
famfootprint8-20.JPG

Whatever the problem with these ladies is, this is how it starts...I'd guess this is 18 or so hours after first symptoms..
howitstarts8-20.JPG

This one is a day ahead of the other.... I'm losing all my big solar panels! HELP!
day2-8-20.JPG

Heres a shot of me holding the leaf i suspect to be next on fimina. You can see that all the big solar panels(shade leaves) that had petioles directly connected to the main stem are the ones that suffer, from the bottom up is how it has progressed and only those type seem to be affected..:
fiminahold8-20.JPG

Overall I think new growth is a lil yellow but i just fed for 2 days in a row, the second was stronger, im wondering if this soil in coco is fucking me; if im locking out the nutes in part of the medium with the lower ph...grrr

That my man looks like Mg Def check the thread in my sig, plus what is the Ph of the soil? You might be locked out the Ph needed for Mg consumption in soil is in there :)

SG

Thanks so much SB! I've been thinking Mg all along but the ph thing just kinda dawned on me.....so a higher ph for soil correct? i just watered one of them(Fimina) with water around 7.4 and the runoff tested at 6.5 so hopefully I'll notice a change for the better....

It is all about trial and error sometimes, :bong:

SG

OK so it's been a minute. Vaca, summers end and life have kept me from updating the bad news......

So I went on vaca for labor day.......5 days away.....with this LED I thought I'd be fine....this is what i came back to
devistation.jpg

They never drank a lot before, I'm assuming because of the lockout. I was thinking I was overwatering before and I thought they'd survive...oh well, i learned a lot!

But wait!

Betty Survived! Probably because she's smaller and transpired less....she lost all her big leaves to the drought but the buds remained unfazed.....way stunted but otherwise ok.

Bettytops1.jpg

Better look at whats left of betty. this is day 36/flwr
Bettytop2.jpg

A baby schrom bagseed that I was abusing with dropper bath nutes. (when i use my dropper i rinse it in the same jug and then dilute it for house plants). I just transplanted her into some coco that I washed and charged with calmag this time, seems much happier than the others!
babyschrom.jpg

sorry to hear about Fimina, she will be survived by betty im sure ;)

lets all have a moment of silence for the fallen lady:tokin:

that being said, love the journal! and as far as OG Kush, it's genetically related to the ChemDawg genes (which would make it genetically related to Sour Diesel, not Soma's NYSD, but the Cali Sour Diesel). where it originated? i have no idea, could very well have been from a dead show. all i know for sure is that some very special people in Cali did some very special things to secure and preserve some very special genetics :hookah:

sorry to hear about Fimina, she will be survived by betty im sure ;)

lets all have a moment of silence for the fallen lady:tokin:

that being said, love the journal! and as far as OG Kush, it's genetically related to the ChemDawg genes (which would make it genetically related to Sour Diesel, not Soma's NYSD, but the Cali Sour Diesel). where it originated? i have no idea, could very well have been from a dead show. all i know for sure is that some very special people in Cali did some very special things to secure and preserve some very special genetics :hookah:

Amen! thanks for checkin me out PhishyPhil!

Back
Top Bottom