OG Kush DWC/Lucas 1800W LED

NuhNugz

Ahh .. nothing like OG glowing in the wintertime!

OG Kush via reserva privada

12 bucket recirculating DWC
Lucas Formula with 5ml/gal cal-mag added
Bloombastic 2ml/gal
12 clones from the best mom of the beans from rp
1800w (4x300 + 1x600) growledhydro lights
1100-1400ppm .7 scale

anyway ..blahblahblah and at 2.5 weeks flowering we have .....

12072010a.jpg

12072010aa.jpg

12072010b.jpg

Streeetch
12072010c.jpg

12072010d.jpg

12072010e.jpg

12072010f.jpg

sweet man ... pull up a chair. Now I'm definitely not in the league with irishboy, but this grow should end up well.

I am worried about temps though .. res temps get down to 59 degrees with the lights out. The plants don't seem to mind though. By the time the 12hrs of light goes on ..res temps get back to 69-70. The stalks do feel cool to the touch, but im thinking KUSH originated in some cold mountains, so maybe this KUSH likes cooler temps?

Also (thankfully) the stretch seems to have stopped or at least slowed. After the pain of my last grow with scrog we decided to try some FIM and strings instead. Also left out the dutchmaster liquid light and penetrator.

These RP genetics LOVE cal-mag. I don't know which cut of OG RP has (i know there are at least a dozen) but im fairly certain they wouldn't distribute some junk strain. VEG we were using 8ml/gal cal-mag and lucas reversed plus 50%. so instead of G-M-B 0-5-10 I used 0-12.5-7 plus 8ml cal-mag per gallon along with a tiny bit of superthrive and great white powder (1 scoop per 2 gallons of res) Water is via a merlin RO unit.

I should note ... we are using a 1100L air pump with micro diffusers in each bucket.

These plants do have a purple hue (even with the led lights turned off) and most of the stems/stalks are red/purple ..so i dunno if thats the plant, temps, or both. either way they look and feel and smell happy.

anyone with some OG experience? Your input is highly regarded.

oh ..there is some stanky stanky in chitown going around called irene. I dunno if that is even spelled correctly... anyway ..anyone have any 411 on irene? its pretty good apparently

Thanks and welcome to my grow.

I forgot to mention these are all clones from a clone I stored in my fridge for a couple months lol. In other words I grew the original... Then had to move shop... Chopped up the mom and put all the cuttings in double ziplock bags in the veg drawer.

I put all of the cuttings in an easy cloner for about 2 weeks then to the buckets for about 3 weeks of veg under 4 300w lights. Added the 600 at the start of flowering.

yeah lol. All the cuttings were in the vegetable drawer for a good couple of months. Not all of them were good though. I had about 30ish cuttings and probably 9-10 of them were bad (mushy leaves n such). I only needed 13 (12 for buckets and 1 for my next mom) so I threw the rest out. Its not like there is some collective down the street from me that I could have donated them too. LOL

So yeah ... just cuttings .. non-rooted. I did spray each cutting with RO water with a tiny bit of liquid light / penetrator along with some b-thrive. Besides that ... they just sat in my fridge for over a month ..then i transported them to another fridge and there they sat for a good month as well.

I will say though ..the good ones ... unless you really really felt the cuttings up and looked them over you would have never known they were sitting in the cold for that long.

As a matter of fact ..the only yellowing on my plants now ... are teh same leaves that yellowed some in the fridge. Odd really. Same ones yellow ..even in the same spot. No additional yellowing at all. It did seem like it took a week or so in the ezcloner for the dormant cuttings to respond though.

Id like to know if anyone else has ever fridged their cuttings. If so ...how long? Seems about 2 months is the threshold for heavy losses.

yeah lol. All the cuttings were in the vegetable drawer for a good couple of months. Not all of them were good though. I had about 30ish cuttings and probably 9-10 of them were bad (mushy leaves n such). I only needed 13 (12 for buckets and 1 for my next mom) so I threw the rest out. Its not like there is some collective down the street from me that I could have donated them too. LOL

So yeah ... just cuttings .. non-rooted. I did spray each cutting with RO water with a tiny bit of liquid light / penetrator along with some b-thrive. Besides that ... they just sat in my fridge for over a month ..then i transported them to another fridge and there they sat for a good month as well.

I will say though ..the good ones ... unless you really really felt the cuttings up and looked them over you would have never known they were sitting in the cold for that long.

As a matter of fact ..the only yellowing on my plants now ... are teh same leaves that yellowed some in the fridge. Odd really. Same ones yellow ..even in the same spot. No additional yellowing at all. It did seem like it took a week or so in the ezcloner for the dormant cuttings to respond though.

Id like to know if anyone else has ever fridged their cuttings. If so ...how long? Seems about 2 months is the threshold for heavy losses.

This is terrific!! I have now found a way to get clones from blank in blank to blank!!! How "cool" is this!! Thanks for sharing that info, bro!! I have been trying to figure out a way to safely transport clones from far, far away and now I know!!:thanks::welldone::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom