OG Kush leaves problem

I would really recommend doing a slurry test. There's no point in adding anything to the plant if it doesn't have the ability to use it.

You should have started using KoolBloom liquid the day you went to 12-12.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I should have mentioned in my first post how my meter crapped out and they're hard to find here so I'm just guessing the ph is ok based on my last few grows in this soil. The leaves stayed green until the last week or two. I'm just doing the best I can with what I got, I'd rather risk wasting nutes to try and save her than just not try haha.

And good to know on the koolbloom because I was told not to start until the buds form and that's what I've been doing.

I couldn't test my ph so I just fed a little nitrogen today and some calimagic seems she's had none of that. I think she's good on koolbloom for now as I've been feeding since the buds first started forming I don't think she's lacking. I'm hoping the nitrogen and calimagic helps her out I'll keep you guys posted. Should the leaves turn back? Or would they just stop turning?

You have 2-4 weeks left till you harvest. I would just finish the schedule and hope for the best. Unfortunately without a ph pen there's nothing you can do. It's literally the most important tool in a growers arsenal.
The yellowing will not go away. If you used the KB Dry you could slam those buds and harvest in 3 weeks.
Better get a ph pen from eBay. They're $5.00

Did you check the batteries? Most ph pens ship with garbage batteries.

It was a analogue one haha so probably good to upgrade to a pen anyway, thanks man I'll get one on ebay!

And yea I tried that calimagic and nitrogen now I'll just hope for the best and continue with my schedule whatever happens.

Thanks for the help and info man, much appreciated! I'm gonna check out the dry koolbloom too, may invest in some haha I was assuming it was all the same.

Greetings!
Those plants have almost no leaves left, hence they have no food in reserve. Defoliating them like that is not a good idea man. Ever.
And, using Kool Bloom will only work if the plants are healthy and have a good root system, and food in reserve, i.e. leaves. And good light. Plants need lots of good light. If you "slam those buds" with anything, you'll just degrade the quality even further.
At this point you can just go to ph 6.0 water for 10 days or so, then chop them. There's really not much "saving" that can be done at this point.
Also, a note on cheap ph/ec/ppm test equipment: You get what you pay for. It's best to buy from companies like Blue Labs, etc. Cheap Chinese pens are usually off by far too much a margin-and if money is an object then buy a General Hydroponics ph test kit for $20 it'll do you right until you get something better.
Never use a growing medium with "nutrients" added. It never ends well.
Your next run will be better. :)

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Greetings!
Those plants have almost no leaves left, hence they have no food in reserve. Defoliating them like that is not a good idea man. Ever.
And, using Kool Bloom will only work if the plants are healthy and have a good root system, and food in reserve, i.e. leaves. And good light. Plants need lots of good light. If you "slam those buds" with anything, you'll just degrade the quality even further.
At this point you can just go to ph 6.0 water for 10 days or so, then chop them. There's really not much "saving" that can be done at this point.
Also, a note on cheap ph/ec/ppm test equipment: You get what you pay for. It's best to buy from companies like Blue Labs, etc. Cheap Chinese pens are usually off by far too much a margin-and if money is an object then buy a General Hydroponics ph test kit for $20 it'll do you right until you get something better.
Never use a growing medium with "nutrients" added. It never ends well.
Your next run will be better. :)

-Doc

How is he to use 6.0 ph water if he doesn't have any way to check ph?

How is he to use 6.0 ph water if he doesn't have any way to check ph?

By buying a Gen Hydro ph test kit, was my suggestion.
But, that aside, his plants are so trashed at this point that they're beyond damage control. There's simply nothing in the way of food left for the plant to use to produce flowers as all the leaves are gone. If someone told him to "defoliate" they were giving some really horrible advice, esp. with that low light grow.
At this point he could flush them with simple r.o. water from a supermarket (at .35/gallon) for a week, chop them and cut his losses.

And I've been using pre nutrient soil for 20 years. Never had a problem. I start with ProMix AP for seedling. Ph is 5.5. All I have to do is add water for the first month. I then repot to ProMix BX (non nutrient enhanced) and start my nutrient schedule from there.

But if Doc is talking about using MiracleGro then I agree. That stuff is horrible.

My first post on this thread was "do a PH slurry test".
Just found out he doesn't have a working pen. Looks like the whole Grow has been done blind.

420-magazine-mobile1488421559.jpg

This is week three. Seeds grew like beanstalks so I buried the stem to the first node and switched out the 5000k CFL for 2 x 18w (100 watt equivalent) 5000k 1100 Lumens Sylvania LED bulbs. I cut the domes off the LED's.
They stopped stretching but I ran into a drainage problem with the solo cups and 3 are stunted from nitrogen toxicity. Flush and a few weeks will fix the problem.
The "N toxicity" you stated (which is really a lock out of several things) you've experienced above looks like it's a result of you using nutrient-enriched peat moss (aka ProMix) and feeding seedlings Earth Juice way too early. Also, your stated error with the cup's drainage aside, ProMix generally drains pretty sh*tty, and oxygenates even worse if it's over-watered, so adding some vermiculite/perlite (or switching to coco) would help sort out the water-logging that's also making calcium and magnesium unavailable to those seedlings-but laying off bottled nutes for the first three weeks from germination would probably sort them out best as they're getting nutrient lock out.

-Doc

My first post on this thread was "do a PH slurry test".
Just found out he doesn't have a working pen. Looks like the whole Grow has been done blind.

Blind grows rarely succeed, and this is no exception.
But, he's learning, and that's what's important .

The "N toxicity" you stated (which is really a lock out of several things) you've experienced above looks like it's a result of you using nutrient-enriched peat moss (aka ProMix) and feeding seedlings Earth Juice way too early. Also, your stated error with the cup's drainage aside, ProMix generally drains pretty sh*tty, and oxygenates even worse if it's over-watered, so adding some vermiculite/perlite (or switching to coco) would help sort out the water-logging that's also making calcium and magnesium unavailable to those seedlings-but laying off bottled nutes for the first three weeks from germination would probably sort them out best as they're getting nutrient lock out.

-Doc

I use 3:1 perlite. 3 soil 1 perlite.
The nitrogen tox started when I asked my friend to water my plants. He did....till the water overflowed. He was also nice enough to add 1 tablespoon of earth juice Grow. Which was really swell of him because I usually only add 6 drops per litre at this stage. (week 6-7 of extended veg)
Everything was set up. All he had to do was add 1 cup of straight water until I got back.

I use 3:1 perlite. 3 soil 1 perlite.
The nitrogen tox started when I asked my friend to water my plants. He did....till the water overflowed. He was also nice enough to add 1 tablespoon of earth juice Grow. Which was really swell of him because I usually only add 6 drops per litre at this stage. (week 6-7 of extended veg)
Everything was set up. All he had to do was add 1 cup of straight water until I got back.

With "friends" like that, lol ./sighs

Irony is. I just helped him with his outdoor plant the year before. He added...get this....30 POUNDS OF SHEEPSHIT to his plant pot.
Ph was a healthy 11 when I did the first shurry test. Lol.

Some people don't understand less is more.

S'okay, some people still wonder why their results are shyt, but insist on using "organics" in small pots. Hippies.

It wasn't too bad. He got a really nice 8 foot plant with 3 inch buds spaced every 3 feet. Lol.
Fml.

S'okay, some people still wonder why their results are shyt, but insist on using "organics" in small pots. Hippies.

I managed to salvage the Grow and fix my friends mistake. Thriving now.
Going under the T5HO to finish veg then it's under the COB array for 57 days.
420-magazine-mobile92650712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom