OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Thanks guys, glad you like em.
The cool thing is with these things, is they are completely customizable.
I can grow my plants out, train em, let em go nuts, and then make the cage to suit the plant.
No need stressing the plant out to make it fit the cage, do it the other way around.

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Oh I'm a trainin alright..
:thumb:

very cool idea Vick:) you might want to try making the screen out of bailing wire or something though.those holes are kinda small.ideally you want 2.5 inch holes so the nugs have lots of room to grow through them and this also leaves room for the colas to move a bit with the airflow.once your nugs start to fatten up that screen might become a problem for you,just my 2 cents bro.

very cool idea Vick:) you might want to try making the screen out of bailing wire or something though.those holes are kinda small.ideally you want 2.5 inch holes so the nugs have lots of room to grow through them and this also leaves room for the colas to move a bit with the airflow.once your nugs start to fatten up that screen might become a problem for you,just my 2 cents bro.

I love the porta scrog! However, I'm thinking Jon is on to something perhaps. The hole sizes may be a bit small. Also, I've heard that the thinner metal on a screen like that can be a bit sharp on fingers and stems sometimes. But, what a cool idea and implementation - food for thought on v 2.0 perhaps? :)

I love the porta scrog! However, I'm thinking Jon is on to something perhaps. The hole sizes may be a bit small. Also, I've heard that the thinner metal on a screen like that can be a bit sharp on fingers and stems sometimes. But, what a cool idea and implementation - food for thought on v 2.0 perhaps? :)

You can split a piece of tubing and use it to cover sharp edges on screen, expanded metal, or any flat edge for that matter, inside, outside radius or straight edges.

I just wanted to show another photo of the chicken wire as I think the photos I showed before made the holes to look smaller than they actually are. Probably due to the wide angle lens..
The holes are almost 3 inches across, and I thought since the OG colas don't get super fat, they would allow for a little jiggle room even at full cola'age. But good point on the possible abrasiveness of the wire. I'll have to work on making sure the wire edges aren't exposed to stalks and stems.. Another idea might be to use shrink tubing. Like mcloadie's talking about with the split tubing. Talking about the kind used with automotive electrical. Wrap around the wire, then heat gunned or hair dryer'd to shrink the rubber around the wires encasing them. Might be a little too much work for just a net. But I do have some time on my hands coming up..
Another idea I had was to make the cage higher on one edge. Kind of sloped upwards towards the corner. This would emulate a kind of concave, or bowl to the scrog. Directing the taller colas to the outer corners..
I'm not trying to read into this too much, I mean after all it's just a cage. But if I'm gunna do something there's no time like the present..

chicken_wire_1.jpg

:cheer:I like it very much except........ the thin chicken wire. Oh it a awsome idea:) that wire you will need to be very carefull with. Mcloadie had a good idea too. but what a pain in the ass(thats just me). they actualy sell a scrog like thing for tomatoes at the garden store that I frequent. dont recalect the namebrand but it was pricey.
but again your idea is stellar! maybe just a couple tweeks:):thumb::cheer:

a little tweak here..
a little tweak there..

I'll get it right after messing around a bit.
Totally appreciate everyone's suggestions too!
If I was to use shrink wrap around the scratchy bits, guessing white would be best?

Hi Vick -

You are right, the holes are definitely bigger than they looked in the picture to me, so I stand corrected. Those might just work pretty slick - sorry for not seeing the size better.

Still, more than one long-time scrogger has told me that cotton string or similar is much more pleasant to work with if you're doing a lot of scrog grows. Having said that I've seen screens just like yours filled with beautiful bud, so no doubt it'll do the job! :thumb:

Nice idea McLoadie. + rep

Well I'm just going to wrap this journal up with a quick smoke report and it'll be headed to the completed section..

Smoke report:
Now that it's had almost 3 weeks to cure, it has really come around.
When you crack the jar, the first whiff smells so deep and rich with a carroty fuel aroma.
When vaped it hits pretty fast then mellows out and waves of comfort spill over shoulders and down the spine.
Since it was harvested with only about 10% amber trichs it maintains a "up" high, and keeps you busy when on it.
I have yet to experience any burnout when smoking this particular OG.

Bag Appeal: _____8.5/10
Fragrance: ______8/10
Smooth: ________8.5/10
Flavor: _________8/10
Duration: _______4 hours (from 0.5g)
Munchies: ______8/10
Cerebral: _______8/10
Couchlock: ______6/10
Relaxation: ______8/10
Paranoia: _______5/10
Sex Drive: ______8/10
Pain relief: ______8/10 smoked 8/10 eaten
Anxiety Relief: ___7/10

reps to 12/12 for smoke report layout..

Thanks again to 420 magazine and to everyone for following this journal.

I just started up my new journal tonight!
here's a link to my new grow.
Hope to see you all there!
:peace:

Vick074-OG Kush Last Run in CocoSoil-CO2-1KHPS-5X5Tent-with Porta Scrogs!? Porta Wha?

Hi Vick -

You are right, the holes are definitely bigger than they looked in the picture to me, so I stand corrected. Those might just work pretty slick - sorry for not seeing the size better.

Still, more than one long-time scrogger has told me that cotton string or similar is much more pleasant to work with if you're doing a lot of scrog grows. Having said that I've seen screens just like yours filled with beautiful bud, so no doubt it'll do the job! :thumb:

Nice idea McLoadie. + rep

Thanks xlr8:peace:

yep..what X said,sorry bro they look alot smaller in the first pic.theres lots of scrog growers making bowl type screens,i think Icemud has a v scrog on the go.it would be very handy with multipal strains:)

Yea his Vscrog is nice. So Vick ill be sliding over to your new grow soon. Havent been on in a while. Nice smoke report

Thanks Whiz!
That's where I got the idea to slope the ends. Icemud's Vsgrog (killer).
But I think that'd be more for multiple strains, strechier ones on the ends.
But even growing the same strain in a 5x5 tent the corner buds always seem to creep higher than the middles so it might work out good.

Back
Top Bottom