Leaves more room to grow my microgreens though.
20200716_161925.jpg

I actually started this grow on June 8th.
I am going to give a sort of readers digest condensed version for the past 12 almost 13 weeks so far.
Then do regular updates from this point forward.

I am growing in a bathtub, nothing fancy, no tent and only the white tile and white shower curtain as reflection.
I am using 7 Gallon fabric pots (Root Pouches) that are raised up off the bathtub about an inch with wire racks to give airflow all around, better drainage and also to keep the tub from sucking warmth from the soil.
The soil is a mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Coco Coir, Peat, Happy Frog Soil Amendment Hydroton Clay Balls, Azomite, Green Sand, Natures Nog, and a handful of Lite Warrior in the middle to plant the seedling in.
I added more nutrients towards the bottom of the pot and gradually making the soil cooler towards the top in an effort to not burn the roots so the plant didn't start out in hot soil.

One OG Kush and one White Widow, the WW is actually 4 days older because I buried the Kush too deep and murdered the first one, so the second one popped up 4 days later.

My water is horrible, the tap is like 9.25pH and about 120PPM with 2.75 to 3.22 of total Chlorine/Chloramine.
So I started out filtering my water through fridge filter which brought the chlorine down to a trace of between 0.03 to 0.13.
I have done changes with my water that I will discuss later on.

My air temp during Veg averaged 69-76 and humidity between 60-70%

My lights started out as a single 450W LED that after allowing the plant to speak for itself told me to raise it to about 36" above it.
The light draws 200W from the wall so it is a 200W light with a predominately Blue spectrum even when set to flower, but for the first several weeks was just this one light and set to Veg only so entirely blue spectrum.
I will discuss the other LEDs added later on.

My Nutrients in Veg were entirely just the soil for first few weeks, I did start adding Recharge on June 12th.

My nutrients are Nectar for the Gods that I started two days before turning to 12/12 for flower.
I ran the light at 24/0 non-stop until flower.

20160613_120347.jpg

20160613_120844.jpg

I noted that you had the lights on in the veg 24 hr/day? Any thoughts on that as to advantage over 18/6 on?

Depends on the cultivar and what lights.

In this case, with these two cultivars and at this time I was running Blurples then 24/0 was just the right choice.
I also was just using only the Veg setting which is predominantly blue and 1/2 the wattage.
So overall DLI (Daily Light Integral) at 24/0 was probably similar to my current light running at 18/6.

My current grow I started out at 20/4 which was fine the first couple weeks but about week 3 for this cultivar (Jack Herer) started to get a bit much as these lights are so intense that I had to raise them and dim them a bit because I was seeing a deficiency because the plant was transpiring faster than what my current soil was able to feed, then at 5 weeks went to 18/6.
At 6 weeks I went with 17/7, 7 weeks 16/8 and at 8 weeks flipped to flower 12/12.
Now that I am in flower I bumped the lights back up to about 75-80% power and in about 2 weeks probably be able to run at 90-100%.

So as you can see it's all up in the air and dynamic that changes with the need of the plant, not really a one size fits all type thing just pay attention to the plant and she'll tell you what she needs or can handle.
I try to give them as much light as they can take.

Loving this holistic gardening biz, nunya.
Those pancakes sound pretty nice too!
The pancakes were killer this morning.
I added just a tiny pinch of baking soda and powder to the starter discard and it was just very airy fluffy dough with a tiny little sourdough flavor.
Added a bit of cinnamon to the dough.
Sliced bananas in between the pancakes topped with fresh made whipped cream and a really nice bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.
Accompanied by a hot cup of hemp seed coffee.
I think I am having them again tomorrow.
20200719_173330.jpg

Damn these things are good.

No recipe at all just tossed about a cup of All Purpose flour and cup of Sourdough Starter Discard into a bowl, added about 3 tbsp of heavy cream, one egg and 1/8th tsp each of baking powder/soda a little cinnamon, brown sugar and a few dark chocolate chips.
Topped with whipped cream sprinkle of cinnamon, banana slices between pancakes and some fine bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.
20200720_115138.jpg

The pancakes were killer this morning.
I added just a tiny pinch of baking soda and powder to the starter discard and it was just very airy fluffy dough with a tiny little sourdough flavor.
Added a bit of cinnamon to the dough.
Sliced bananas in between the pancakes topped with fresh made whipped cream and a really nice bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.
Accompanied by a hot cup of hemp seed coffee.
I think I am having them again tomorrow.
20200719_173330.jpg
Hemp seed coffee? Tell me more!

Hemp seed coffee? Tell me more!
It's a coffee I get from a place call Hippie Butter, it's a mix of Columbian coffee and roasted hemp seeds.
It's quite tasty and for me it's really about the only coffee I can drink anymore because the acid in regular coffee just grinds my gut.
Has good nutrients in it also from the hemp seed.

It's a coffee I get from a place call Hippie Butter, it's a mix of Columbian coffee and roasted hemp seeds.
It's quite tasty and for me it's really about the only coffee I can drink anymore because the acid in regular coffee just grinds my gut.
Has good nutrients in it also from the hemp seed.
I’m going to do this in the morning. I have a bag of toasted hemp seeds and a nearly empty bag of coffee beans. My (dear) wife (bless her!) informs me that ‘we’ won’t be buying coffee anymore on the off chance that it’s setting off my gut issues. This feels like a dire experiment :nervous-guy:and you have given me the means to eke out my stash a
little further (and improve my nutrition, thx).
I’ll try 2:1 to start, sound about right?
:thumb:

I’m going to do this in the morning. I have a bag of toasted hemp seeds and a nearly empty bag of coffee beans. My (dear) wife (bless her!) informs me that ‘we’ won’t be buying coffee anymore on the off chance that it’s setting off my gut issues. This feels like a dire experiment :nervous-guy:and you have given me the means to eke out my stash a
little further (and improve my nutrition, thx).
I’ll try 2:1 to start, sound about right?
:thumb:
I got no idea what their percentages are other than the acid content of the brewed coffee is I believe less than half of regular coffee.
I am having a cup right now actually, yesterday I had two cups with no problems.
If I had two cups of regular coffee I'd be doubled over.
I bought a 5# bag of it a few months ago when it was on sale and split it up into 1# mylar bags and froze them so it will stay fresh.

I know when I look at the grounds you can barely tell there's hemp seed in it because its roasted the same color and ground the same.
I really missed my morning coffee for about 3 years until I tried the hempseed coffee.

Giving 4 gallons of water with Comfrey Peach Fermented Plant Juice, Coconut water, Bokashi and Yucca extract then super oxygenated until the water looks like a very fine beer.
3 weeks into flower, should have at least 5 weeks left, most likely 6 weeks and the buds are noticeably larger each day so should be decent size at harvest.

20200728_150738.jpg
20200728_150628.jpg
20200728_150543.jpg
20200728_150534.jpg
20200728_153609.jpg

Can't really see it in the picture but the water is virtually carbonated, it's almost white with micro bubbles and just keep fizzing and forming a head on top.
Much of that dissolved oxygen gets into the soil and down to the roots.

Looks like real bread and sourdough is my second favorite next to real Medium Rye and good luck finding it.
It was excellent, it's about all we ate last night, just a loaf of bread with various toppings.
Fresh home made butter, extra virgin olive oil mixed with Zaatar , large flake sea salt.
We've been eating better under quarantine and cheaper.

The 5% Pumpernickel gave it just a hint of rye in the background.

20200728_170011.jpg

Do you have recipe for the bread? Looks wonderful...
I used.
700gr of high gluten 14.2% bread flour
100gr All purpose flour
150gr whole wheat flour
50gr Pumpernickel
20gr fine sea salt
750gr filtered water at 90 degrees
So it's a 75% hydration dough.

I started with a Levain.
35gr mature starter
35gr all purpose
35gr wheat flour
70gr filtered water at 90 degrees
Mix and proof until it's at its peak which will be 4 to 6 hours.
I usually start this about 9am .

When you have about 1.5-2 hours left on the Levain then mix up your flour to Autolyse.
I take about 80gr of water away from the 750gr, use about 30gr to mix with the sea salt in a small bowl and the other 50gr to use for your fingers to help the handling, it all ends up in the dough in the end.

Mix the 670gr of 90 degree water with the flour until it's just mixed with no dry spots and cover that with plastic wrap and put it with the Levain which should be in the oven with the light on to get it to 78 degrees to Autolyse.

When the Levain has peaked spread it on top of dough with a little of the water and blend it in.
Start 4.5 hours of bulk ferment.
I then Slap & Fold for about 3-5 minutes put back in bowl for 25 minutes in oven at 78 degrees.
Then add the salt and water and mix thoroughly and Slap and Fold again 3-5 minutes.
Back to 78 degrees
Then every 15 minutes do a stretch and fold 3x
Then do 3 more stretch and fold with 30 minutes between.
Then finish what's left of the 4.5 hours of bulk ferment.

Then take out of bowl and split up dough in two equal pieces.
Pre form into a lose boule and let sit open for 20 minutes.
Then form into loaves and place seam side up in a Banneton coated in rice flour and wrapped in a linen towel and put into fridge for 12 to 14 hours.

Take first dough out of fridge and preheat oven to 500 degrees with a Lodge 4 qt dutch oven, then one where the lid is a frying pan.
After an hour of preheating I pull out the dutch oven place the dough on the frying pan part, score the top, place the bottom on top and put in oven for 20 minutes then take top off for 15 to 20 minutes until bread is dark and crispy.
Reheat oven and do same thing again.

Back
Top Bottom