Do you know what brand and model that pump for watering is. Looks like a good investment. I Love your pics. I hope with more time and knowledge I can have a grow like that. I will defiantly be following your post and hope to steal some Great knowledge on the way.....
It's called a Zodi.
Seems to be sold out most everywhere but this place.
I got it early 2016 and have only needed to replace batteries once, last about a year and a half.
Works great.

It's called a Zodi.
Seems to be sold out most everywhere but this place.
I got it early 2016 and have only needed to replace batteries once, last about a year and a half.
Works great.

How is it going Nunya I haven't heard from you in a while. I have been wondering about the soils I mixed and wanted your thoughts on them and how to keep them a LOS if you have a little time to chat

Hello, I am the first time to grow my girl, they 18 days, my space: 3 meters long, 3 meters wide, 2.7 meters high, they only eight girls, I should adopt what way... Fim or some other way to train them. Thank you very much for your kind reply.
Do you have some pictures ? hop on over to my new thread PCaddicts first grow journal its in my sig under my name you can post some pictures here and there if you like Look under the box you would replay in it says attach file you can upload picture there

Got one of my new grow lights built.
Final dimensions are 26" x 23" x 3" so just a bit bigger than an HLG 550.
Plugged into my kilowatt meter it reads 325w at full power. Which should be around 2.8 umols/j.

Took my PPFD readings now that I have it hung up.
Not bad at all, pretty even across the canopy.

PPFD in center is a little over 1300 at 18".
My lowest reading was in the back right hand corner but even that was over 700 PPFD.
The left hand side is higher because the cross over from the other light.
In flower I should be able to run these within 6" or so of the canopy, so I can dim this down to about 200 watts and be pushing around 3 umols/j efficiency.

So far my room seems to be running about 3 to 4 degrees cooler than it was with my old light.
20191014_215810.jpg
20191014_210119.jpg
20191013_192435.jpg
20191013_192339.jpg

In comparison to a Flouence Bioengineering Spydr X2 which is $950.
The Spydr X2 is 345w 2.5 umols/j efficiency and 860 PPFD.

My DIY light is 325w 2.8 umols/j efficiency and 1300 PPFD.

The Spydr is much larger though, way too big for my space.
So I built a mini Spydr with better specs almost identical spectrum for less than half the cost.
And its built better.

Thanks PCaddict.
Cant wait to get a new grow going now.
Yeah I am finishing my first small grow and getting ready to start one in my new tent with new Mars Hydro COB lights going to do the Doc Nuds High Brix soil and kit this round and let my other soils cook till next spring then do the LOS thing

Yeah I am finishing my first small grow and getting ready to start one in my new tent with new Mars Hydro COB lights going to do the Doc Nuds High Brix soil and kit this round and let my other soils cook till next spring then do the LOS thing
Sounds like a pretty solid plan

Odd plant, a Honey Peach CBD auto that supposed to grow a max of about 3' and its 6'5" tall with fairly decent little buds starting at about 12" from the ground, it's full of buds for 5 1/2 feet. Not big buds but a LOT of them for an autoflower.
I think one of the reasons this grew so strange is my lighting was on it's way out through the whole grow.
I had about 1/2 the diodes on one light go out, all the blue diodes went out and that made me look real close at my other light and then I noticed that most of the blue diodes on that light were kinda toast on top, it still was putting out light from those diodes but was way less than it should have been.
So I replaced all those diodes, then built my new light once the parts came it. So this poor plant has only had good light for a few days and it's starting to thicken right up but I doubt I got more than a week left. It might be surprising though because the whole top 5 1/2 feet is all bud. And its insanely covered in trichomes, even the stalks and branches are covered in trichomes.

I dimmed the light down to 200 watts because at 325w it's just too intense at 1300 PPFD especially for 6.5 foot plant that's topped out my lighting so need to be just 6 to 8" from canopy top.
I am getting 400 PPFD even down 2+ feet deep from canopy top at just 200 watts.

I need to figure out my side lighting.

This light is so much better.

20191016_205000.jpg
20191016_204646.jpg
20191016_195952.jpg
20191014_210037.jpg
20191015_133427.jpg

Got one of my new grow lights built.
Final dimensions are 26" x 23" x 3" so just a bit bigger than an HLG 550.
Plugged into my kilowatt meter it reads 325w at full power. Which should be around 2.8 umols/j.

Took my PPFD readings now that I have it hung up.
Not bad at all, pretty even across the canopy.

PPFD in center is a little over 1300 at 18".
My lowest reading was in the back right hand corner but even that was over 700 PPFD.
The left hand side is higher because the cross over from the other light.
In flower I should be able to run these within 6" or so of the canopy, so I can dim this down to about 200 watts and be pushing around 3 umols/j efficiency.

So far my room seems to be running about 3 to 4 degrees cooler than it was with my old light.
20191014_215810.jpg
20191014_210119.jpg
20191013_192435.jpg
20191013_192339.jpg
Sweet light Nunya! Beautiful build. Where did you source the parts?

Sweet light Nunya! Beautiful build. Where did you source the parts?
I got the strips and heat sinks from Pacific Light Concepts, the drivers and dimmers from Rapid LED and all the various other parts like thermal tape and wire from Amazon and the aluminum L channel from Home Depot.

4 years ago I bought 3 Blurples for $450 that burned 600 watts total from wall.
These two i have to dim down to 250 watts each for 500 total watts and even dimmed down to 100 watts less than my old LEDs they are putting out about twice the average PPFD and fully cover my 2.5 x 5' way more evenly.
The PPFD dimmed down is higher on the outer edges of that space than the old lights were at dead center.
For about $800, but will probably be the last lights that I'll ever need to buy.
Cant wait to start a full grow with them.

Are the strip lights you are using the Samsung Photo Boost Strip? I enlarged your picture and found Pacific Light Concepts and then looked them up. The light spectrum looks great for flowering.

I got the strips and heat sinks from Pacific Light Concepts, the drivers and dimmers from Rapid LED and all the various other parts like thermal tape and wire from Amazon and the aluminum L channel from Home Depot.

4 years ago I bought 3 Blurples for $450 that burned 600 watts total from wall.
These two i have to dim down to 250 watts each for 500 total watts and even dimmed down to 100 watts less than my old LEDs they are putting out about twice the average PPFD and fully cover my 2.5 x 5' way more evenly.
The PPFD dimmed down is higher on the outer edges of that space than the old lights were at dead center.
For about $800, but will probably be the last lights that I'll ever need to buy.
Cant wait to start a full grow with them.
This spring I will be doing the LOS thing and then I will have some questions for you about how to use the GroKashi etc. I have the Boggie Brew compost tea and amendments so I am really looking forward to doing the all Organic thing. This run I am doing is in my tent and I only have room for 4 plants and I am using Doc Buds recipe for the soil and Duggan is going to be mentoring me in the DBHBB gear but next spring I am going all LOS in my green house. And I will also be doing another run in the tent with the DBHBB anyway that's my plan for now.

Are the strip lights you are using the Samsung Photo Boost Strip? I enlarged your picture and found Pacific Light Concepts and then looked them up. The light spectrum looks great for flowering.
Yes, Photoboost Strips.

The new ones which I have actually has just a touch more blue in the spectrum I believe.

Finally harvested that Honey Peach CBD auto 7 days ago.
Trimmed and jarred it up today making each ounce fat like 29+gr.
I thought from my wet weight that I was going to get no less than 5.6 oz.
That would have been an 80% loss of water weight.
But this plant was so strange, totally covered in oil, buds are quite airy not hard at all but they are so covered in trichomes that it feels like hash.
There was way less shrinkage than usual and I ended up with 7 oz 10gr.

It was basically a hash plant.

Was 6'5" tall at time of harvest and it was all small buds for 5 1/2 feet of it.

Just tasted some in the vaporizer, sweet as honey already.
20191106_213149.jpg
20191029_002546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom