intrigued by the whole DO thing.
do you have anything going on in that water other than water and some bubblers?

i did years of hydro and i oddly am aware of DO lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
one odd thing about water is that the colder the water is the more DO it can hold.

edit : oh yeah everything looks drool worthy but that's just a given with you now.

one odd thing about water is that the colder the water is the more DO it can hold.

edit : oh yeah everything looks drool worthy but that's just a given with you now.
I think Nunya's got one of those cool oxygen emitters, much better than a bubbler.

I think Nunya's got one of those cool oxygen emitters, much better than a bubbler.

you can make them out of soaker hose

re: OG Kush & White Widow - Organic Living Soil - 614W LED

Day 52.

Yesterday I flushed with 5 gallons each plant of pH'd 6.4 water and started my Nutrients with a strong shot of Herculean Harvest and Demeter's Destiny to defunk these plants.
Today they are almost right back to normal.
Growing about an inch a day now.
Today went 12/12 on lights.

So day 1 of flower.

20160730_140905.jpg
20160730_140847.jpg
20160730_140834.jpg
Do you just go straight to 12/12? I was planning to slowly get there from 18/6? :)

It occured to me with all the watering, where's the fungus gnats? I was under the assumption that with being wet all the time comes the gnats. I've had them but they don't visit these days. I'm watering more since meeting you and still no gnats. ??

Nice o2 infusion tutorial!
Rove Beetles is where the gnats went.
I used to swat every fungus gnat I saw, now if I ever see one I laugh and tell it, go ahead lay some eggs in that soil biotch, go feed my Beetles.
Thats beetle candy.

I pretty much always have about a 1/4 tsp of Yucca Extract in the water.
Other than that it varies, sometimes a microdose of Coconut water, a little Ferticell Algae, Rootwise Biophos, microbe complete, Elixir, Fermented Plant Juice of Comfrey & Peach or Buildabloom.
Anything I put in the water is usually a microdose.
So if a full dose is 2 tsp I'll probably put 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
I add just enough to sweeten the water.
And my water stays around 67-68⁰

different tech than what i was thinking.

with the right air pump soaker hose will create a crazy amount of bubbles.
that sent me googling for that thing. the only other way i have heard about adding DO to your water was with high pressure.

different tech than what i was thinking.

with the right air pump soaker hose will create a crazy amount of bubbles.
that sent me googling for that thing. the only other way i have heard about adding DO to your water was with high pressure.
With the emitters the majority of the bubbles are so tiny they never break the surface of the water, they stay suspended in the water, looks like smoke.

it's similar to an electrolysis process.
it's an ingenious tech.

Found a nice surprise a few hours ago.
Was looking out my window and on the edge of the woods spied several Lions Mane mushrooms about 12 feet up a dead tree.
Grabbed the ladder and harvested just over 2 pounds of perfect Lions Mane, no bugs at all.
About $50 worth at the grocery store.

I sliced one up in thick slices, fried in a dry pan with a little salt for a few minutes, then added Ghee to finish it up nice and golden brown.
Made some Fettuccine, took shrooms out of skillet and lightly browned a little garlic in some ghee, added a couple tablespoons of some kale and white cheddar Alfredo sauce and a couple tablespoons of heavy cream.
Sliced the Lions Mane up into strips and added to skillet with sauce, added the Fettuccine and topped with Parmesan and Aleppo pepper.

Was very tasty and really good for you.

I am making some spore prints right now in hopes of growing my own.

20201030_160821.jpg
20201030_165057.jpg
20201030_173344.jpg
20201030_180254.jpg
20201030_154512.jpg
Sick dude im planning on taking my mom on a guided mushroom tour this fall. As ive never gone and don't feel like dying .

Mate they are forming really nicely. Also your tips on watering is very helpful. Its like the main thing i stress about 24/7
Yeah, watering can be stressful but it doesn't have to be.
Just need to make sure your medium is very porous, drains really well, can hold lots of dissolved oxygen for the roots to use.
If you grow in LOS then a basic Coots mix with 30% Pumice, Rice Hulls and Pre-charged Biochar, plus worms and cover crop and you're good to go.

If you decide to use synthetic nutrients (id advise against it) then best to use Coco with some aeration like pumice.

Either of these mediums can and should be watered about every day.

Start with a good foundation and watering is no longer anything to stress over.

Sick dude im planning on taking my mom on a guided mushroom tour this fall. As ive never gone and don't feel like dying .
LOL, yep that's a definite drawback.
I only eat mushrooms that a blind man can identify, like Lionsmane and Chicken of the Woods, Oyster, Morel.

Stay away from LBMs Little Brown Mushrooms

Do you just go straight to 12/12? I was planning to slowly get there from 18/6? :)
Yep, I think I did, today I go from 24/0 the first couple weeks to 20/4 for most of veg then about week 5 or 6 to 18/6 and last couple days of veg might even hit it with 16/8.
And as I lower my hours I raise the intensity.

Back
Top Bottom