OGieSel High Pressure Aeroponic Build 2020

Ogiesel

Hi guys, Ogiesel here! Finally back at it with another "High" Tech - Low Tech Aeroponics built. You may have seen my past aeroponic grow journals (if not, check them out!) But this setup is going to be pretty similar to my original setup, just with a few added upgrades & better overall layout. Ill upload the details in a bit & a parts list <[origin & prices not listed lol] for everything im using during this built . Who's ready for another HPA build!? :thumb:

This , for the most part, is the material list for damn near every part in this build. I might have missed a thing or two but this is pretty much it.
1x (4' x 8') sheet plywood
20' (2" x 4") fence post
1x (6' x 6') waterproof liner
1x (4' x 4' x 6'6") standard grow tent
2x 21Gal collection tanks
1x 42-45Gal reservior
1x 3-5 Gallon bucket
1x 6" inline blower
1x 4" inline blower
1x 600w(300w actual draw) mars hydro
2x 300w(150w actual draw) mars hydro
1x kessil350 magenta(150w actual draw?)
1x 1kw HPS light
Backup Battery System
2x power strips
1x oscillating fan ( size TBD)
1x float switch
1x High pressure, low volume pump
1x high volume, low pressure pump
1x seconds timer
2x minutes timer
1x pre-filter
1x 45 micron inline filters 3/8"
1x 45 micron inline filters 1/2"
2x 10 micron inline filters 1/4"
2x 2Gang Airpumps with stones
1x pressure release valve
1x digital ppM meter 1/4" inline
1x 1/4" inline pressure guage
1/4" tubing
3/8" tubing
1/2" tubing
12x-16x "Dripless nozzles" appr. 100-125 PSI
Various T joints & L fittings 1/4" and 3/8"
4x 1"Neoprene collars
4x 1" net pots
-nutes either supernatural or Lotus salts or both
-no medium

Im designing the tent a little differently in order to get more room to grow in the tent. The bottom of the tent will have, what i would call, a false floor. The tent will sit ontop A 4' x 4' x 1/2" square of plywood that sits 1' off the actual flooring. The 4'x4'x1' section underneath the false floor will have the waterproof liner wrapping up all sides by 1' to prevent leaks/spills. Basically the grow tanks (rooting chambers) will sit on the false floor while the collection tanks will be siting underneath the false floor. Ill cut a few holes in the false floor to run the pipes through to the collection tanks .
With the rooting chambers inside and the 1,ooowatt light at its highest peak, the plants will have about 3'6" of height to work with before i start getting into the "danger zone" (18inches to the light). fingers crossed it doesnt become an issue !
First photo is above the false floor.
Second photo is subfloor.

Attachments

• 20200316_204358.jpg
    20200316_204358.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200316_204349.jpg
    20200316_204349.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 266
Here's the first grade level schematic i sketched up for the flow lol see attached image for clarification.

My system flows like this.
My 55 gallon reservoir sits outside the grow tent. At the bottom is the outlet with a standered sponge pre-filter on it. From there it gets fed to a ball valve then to the electronic pressure release valve. From there, it goes to my high pressure pump, then its going to a 45 micron inline clear filter then to a digital ppm meter. After that it T's off into two lines. Once it T's, both lines goes through their own 10 micron inline filter. From there, they hit each tote and then T back together behind the totes, creating the closed loop system. After they T back together, the tube runs to my inline pressure guage and then to my electronic pressure release valve, linking the whole system back together.

Thats the misting side of the system;
for the drainage, the two rooting chambers will drain via gravity down to ( 2x ) 21 gallon collection tanks (post-spray reserviors) under the false floor. The two colloction tanks will be piped together to two T joints on the bottom to maximize capacity. On one of the T joints, it will get piped to a 3 gallon bucket equipped with a float switch which will be wired to an external high volume water pump. The other t joint will get piped to the external water pump which will then get piped to another 45 micron inline filter and then back up into the actual main reservoir (pre-spray). With a setup like that, the system should be able to maintain itself. Oh and in the event of a power outage, i have both my high pressure pump and my high volume pump wired up to a backup battery system that automatically kicks on as soon as the power fails. I dont worry too much about the lights & fans turning off, as long as you can keep those roots nice and hydrated, your plants with surely survive.

Forgot to mention ill be running two air pumps, one 2 gang in the 55 gallon reservoir , ( keep the nute solution aerated) and one 2 gang pump in the tent with one airstone in each rooting chamber, (supplying the roots with some extra air). I'm not sure if it makes any difference but that's what i did in the past, which seemed to me like it worked well so i'm going to stick with it .

Attachments

• 20200319_042658.jpg
    20200319_042658.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 295
Back
Top Bottom