OGieSel High Pressure Aeroponic Build 2020

Just measured the collection tank i received in the mail yesterday and i realized that its actually the right size. 21 gallons is just a lot bigger than i thought lol
20200321_035125.jpg

I have about 9 inches of room to work with in the front of the tanks and only 4 inches to work with on the top of the tanks, piping this is going to be fun!
Oh & i checked my shipping order and ups shows that my other 21 gallon res is going to get here on monday. How the hell does that work? They were shipped from the same store at the same time lol someone at ups needs to lay off the pipe

Got 1 res in there, just gotta wait for the other one & pick up a few more connectors. Once the flex seal hardens im going to throw another coat on there.
20200322_160158.jpg

I ended up using the 4 inch waterproof liner that came with the tent instead of making my own 4'×4'×1' liner, hopefully i dont regret it

Why not post in the Mars Hydro thread. I’m sure a lot of peeps would enjoy seeing this build.

Well i thought about it but im only using the LEDs for vegging and once bloom comes around im going to switch to the 1000w HPS so i dont want to lead any Mars hydro growers on hahaha

As i was getting my rooting chambers ready i noticed one of the totes had a decent sized crack down the side. I tried to fix it but i ended up fuckin it up even more so i ended up tossing it. Went to wallyworld to buy another but they were sold out of that same tote so i had to buy two whole new totes in order to keep the sizes the same o_O

These new totes are about 3 inches taller and about 4 inches shorter length wise too :rolleyes: not ideal because now the two plants are going to be that much closer to eachother, should be ok though. Once i get all the kinks worked out after this grow, ill be increasing the number of plants, which means iill have to buy new totes again anyway

(A)She's taking shape, cleaned everything up today, just waiting on the last parts to come in.

(B)
Peep the main res on the right, top line with the inline filter is my return line from the collection tanks, bottom line with the ball valve is my intake line to the pump. From the pump it then T's off two the 2 10micron filters then to 2 inline TDS meter probes

(C)
20200325_144833.jpg

Here's the filters & the meter tucked away, GOTTA LOVE ZIPTIES. Lol cant find my straps & too lazy to buy more lol. [Photo A has the filters installed]
(D)
20200325_160832.jpg

After the filters & meters, each line hits its own tote and then T's back together, looping the system, the extra line from the T backfeeds to the pressure gauge then to the pressure release valve @ the main HP pump

(E)
20200325_185902.jpg
Here's a pic underneath the false floor. The return pump connects to the nozzle furthest away to the floor on the collection tank, straight to the main res. The Empty nozzle at the top of the collection tank is where the drain line goes to once i build the other root chamber.

(F)
20200325_185944.jpg

Here you can see the two tanks piped together & a ball valve that goes to the float switch.
I was thinkin about how to rig the float switch the other day & realized that i dont need a container that is really wide, just tall, so i went digging around and found a old oats tub that is a perfect fit. Now, instead of using a 3-5 gallon bucket for the float switch , the whole unit fits under the false floor perfectly & no need for extra cutting into the floor! Win win
(G)
20200325_190039.jpg

Back
Top Bottom