Oh dear i think i might of ruined £90 worth of seeds :(

DrTentgrow

Ive recently bought 10 feminized white widow seeds and i have soaked them in mineral water for about 20 hours then i put them in between to bits of tissue at around 17:00 yesterday. Ive propped the plates up at a angle to allow drainage. i have them in my grow tent in a heated propagator it was keeping stable at around 25 degrees c which is optimal temperature for seeds to germinate. So here is the problem after wetting the tissue on the plates i didn't think any thing of going to the pub i got back at around midnight to discover that the tissue had dried out i have no idea how long it had been like this and i immediately re-moistened the tissue Ive been keeping a close eye on them since and have not allowed them to dry out again is there any chance i might get away with this? i was hoping that the tissue had dried out but not the seed. i guess I'll probably have to wait and see what happens but if anyone has accidentally allowed this to happen before and have experience with it please let me know what happened. any advice will be truly appreciated!! thanks.

No worries. In the wild it's natural for seeds to get wet, even freeze, dry out, etc. before they actually germinate. Once they crack and the roots pop out (congratulations, by the way) you'll need to be sure to keep them moist.

So here is the problem after wetting the tissue on the plates i didn't think any thing of going to the pub i got back at around midnight to discover that the tissue had dried out i have no idea how long it had been like this and i immediately re-moistened the tissue Ive been keeping a close eye on them since and have not allowed them to dry out again is there any chance i might get away with this? i was hoping that the tissue had dried out but not the seed. i guess I'll probably have to wait and see what happens but if anyone has accidentally allowed this to happen before and have experience with it please let me know what happened. any advice will be truly appreciated!! thanks.

Next time just wrap the plate in plastic wrap. Or wrap it around the folded paper towels in such a way that you can unfold the top flap of the paper towels to peek at the seeds while leaving them covered in the wrap.

Back
Top Bottom