oh man - I got the mites

fringe50

morning

well after I intro'd myself yesterday I went back to reading and searching about a issue I was having with my 2 outdoor girls, and after looking this morning again I've come to the conclusion that i have the spder mites that i read about . well i got them good and i need to do something NOW, so I'm on a mission to get rid of the little basta*ds and i mean NOW....lol .. after all my reading on here I'm not sure if i'll go with the ladybugs or go with the SNS 217 C that has been talked about with good success, i know it's $$ but, I've only got two going so it shouldn't be to bad....OR... order me some ladybugs and let them have at it .....IDK this is a outdoor grow so i don't know if the ladybugs would stay with plants for very long, anyone ever try this ??? i do know this, i need to get this problem taken care of. one thing is that the girls r still in veg.stage and not flowering , i hope i can cure this issue up in the next 2 weeks.

any and all responses r welcome..... thanx

be well

fringe50

Re: oh man ...i got the mites.....

Fruit tree oil and a sprayer will help, also cayenne in a mister can be used to train animals and insects to avoid ur crop. Many farmers use these tricks for there vegetables. (Farmer markets r full of good info) I used fruit tree oolong an indoor project once a week for 6 weeks 80% gone first week then by 3 100% and kept doing it to make sure, plants took no effect to spray, and it's organic.

image11377.jpg
image11381.jpg

This is after the might attack during flowering, didn't hurt these girls much

morning

thanx for the response and tips, much appreciated .
I'm going to go with the SNS 217C, I will call them as soon as they open today.
hea blue , ur plants look good , mybe there is hope for mine too, we'll see. I'll let ya's know how thing s go..

thanx again

be well

fringe50

hea again

was just out looking again, I didn't notice any webbing or tenting at all , and I checked from top to bottom, but everything else looks just like the dreaded ''mites''. I also think i'll order up some of the SNS 209 along with the SNS 217C .

be well

fringe50

I used SNS .... it didn't work for crap. But, I started using Nuke-em .... it's made by flying skull out of Oregon. It works wonders on mights. It's all natural and safe. No pesticides or chemicals involved. I've never seen a mite since I started using Nuke-em. Stay as organic as possible. Stay away from the chemicals and pesticides.

Im using the SNS217and the SNS209. For the worst infected, the 217 is keeping them under control. It is a plant deep in flower and the 203 doesnt seem to have worked as well as the younger plant I have. On the younger one, the 209 has done just what it advertised. No mites or bites :wood:
I cant speak for anyone else, but Im happy with both SNS products. :Namaste:

p.s. By 'under control' I went from dozens of mites and webbing, to no new webbing and only a mite here and there.

afternoon to all

well in the last three days I've done so much reading and looking at pics of damage from bug's/worms...ect.ect . anyway I'm not so sure it's all ''mites'' that got mine, I did get some ''Axatrol'' here at a local grow store, no one local had the ''SNS'' stuff. I've already put the first treatment one tues. afternoon. anyhoot , I go back out wed. take a better look and now I notice I have black 1/16'' dots on the bottom of the leaf's and on the top of some...WTF...lol so I ripped ''all'' the effected leaf's OFF...lol it really doesn't look that bad, actually ,better, because all those fu*ked up leaf's are gone , they was ugly...... any hoot,,, after the spray down and shit , that girl is still growing , just pushing new stuff ,,,, I'm impressed with this girl....

I know if I could post a pic or two, someone on here would know what I had going on here, but, I do not know how to do that , just yet... I'm sort of self-taught on the puter and posting pics is one of the things I suck at......

ok, again thanx for all the replys and sharing ur knowledge.

be well

fringe50

Dyna-gro pure neem oil works for me, sns 217 does as well, I think the sns 217 is a rosemary extract if I remember right so it's completely safe and organic too

morning

just took a look at the girls and they seem to be doing just fine..lol espescially after I stripped all the nasty leafs off them, they did slow down some, but , I suspect they will come around soon, we're suppose to have some really great weather for a few days and they will recover ok, I'm sure. I did take off 6-7 leaf's that had some black spots on the bottom and top, the rest of the new stuff is OK..

ok dats about it for now.

again thanx for stopping by with comments and suggestions, much appreciated .
I'll try the photo tip ....thanx

be well

fringe50

evenin

hope everyone had a great weekend...
I've been doing some more research on my problem and I believe my first idea was that it was ''spider mites'', well I was wrong. what if found out might sound strange, but I tell ya, these are the little bastards that have been giving me fits, ''elm leaf beetles'' ... yep, I was talking to a buddy today and was explaining my issue and he told me he had the same issue once and when he described the little bastard , I said hell, I got a couple of those running around on the girls and sure enough , I googled up ''leaf eating beetles'' and came up with ''elm leaf beetle'' ... I know it is strange , and I don't have any elm trees near me that I know of, but, they r the one's that r doing all the damage. he told me he used ''seven'' and it worked well and didn't hurt the plant, I'm not sure that I will use that stuff , I have ''axatrol'' and it should work also. anyone else have this issue ?? any hoot , i'll be back when I see progress. I will say this I don't think it slowed the growth down at all, actually,I think my plucking of the damaged leaves may have slowed her some, but , she took off again within 48 hrs. this ''swiss cheese'' is hearty one for sure.

thanx again for stopping by and replying

be well

fringe50

morning blue

thanx for the tip. after all the tip's I've received since I made this post , I think I've got a good list of remedies for a lot of plant issue's .
so I want to thank all who have chimed in and offered ur opinions, of coarse the search mode works great , lol, even if I don't have a great ''search'' question , it usually know's what I want , and that is a good thing.
i'll stop in let ya's know how the ''beetle'' thing is going.

be well

fringe50

I live in a VERY insect active environment. Some of my normal nemesis include tobacco worms, grasshoppers, and the dreaded spider mites. I've been very happy with my simple Neem program. Once per week I spray all the babies (inside and outside plants) with a 4 tsp/gal mix of Dynagrow pure Neem oil, a squirt of dish soap, and a few drops of SuperThrive. I've been very happy with the preventative nature of the Neem. It's will not stop and infestation in it's tracks, but it will inoculate your plants so that the infestation doesn't occur in the first place. I rarely have any sort of outbreaks. I've been very happy with the results. You have to remember to let it flush out of the plant before harvest... so I sometimes see issues at harvest time... but they're usually quite minimal.

evening

thanx for the tips Tead. I've got some neem-oil on order .

I'm going to try a hydrogen-peroxide (35%) in the water and spraying the girls down. it shouldn't hurt them, I've been doing some research and H202 in the garden is a good thing. any hoot, I've been using it in the watering, this will be my first spraying of the whole plt.

i'll let ya's know how thing's workout..

thanx again for lookin and for the tips

be well

fringe50

morning

hope all is well with everyone... just thought I'd let ya's know just how well I made out with the ''elm leaf beetle'' problem I had..
I did use a light mixture of ''sevan'' , and seeing how my harvest time isn't til oct. , I'm sure now that it will not have any effect on the plant or the harvest , or , so I've been instructed..... we'll see ...... BUT it did work ,lmfao, those little bastards r gone and both plants r doing well, I'm happy to report. the swiss cheese is almost 5.5' tall as of yesterday, doing very well and there's another three weeks of veg-stage, and done a little pinching and super-cropping and she's lookin guuuud lol... any hoot just thought I'd stop by and say thanx for all the tips and sharing of knowledge... thank you

be well

fringe50

Back
Top Bottom