Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!

Let's not say goodbye, let's say fare thee well for now Weaselcracker. It seems that both our journals are coming to a close around the same time. I'll be on a short hiatus while I have work done on my house but once I have things back up and running, as ShiggityFlip said you will be more than welcome to bring your knowledge, wit, unicorns and squirrels over to any thread I ever write. Damn, you would be more than welcome to bring them all across the pond where we could mull over everything with a raise of a glass and chew the fat on many different topics. Just please, leave the leaopardskins at home ;)

A great journal was here, may it's spirit fly forever free through the binary stars of our internet universe. Fare thee well The Green Hole, your magnetism was powerful and I turned off the thrusters and embraced the green a long time before it was ended :thumb:

Ha ha ha! I'd completely forgotten about the leopard skin!! That awesome idea never met with much acclaim from the masses, did it? I never did hear back from Putin about all the the hunting expedition offers I made. Come to think of it, Pigeons abandoned ship not long after that. I always wondered what I said...
Now where did I put that thing...

Oh yes, one more thing. When I get dry weights for those last three harvested plants I'll post the amount. I'm doing that for my own interest mostly. I don't care too much about the yield but want to see how it works out as far as growing efficiency.

Ha ha ha! I'd completely forgotten about the leopard skin!! That awesome idea never met with much acclaim from the masses, did it? I never did hear back from Putin about all the the hunting expedition offers I made. Come to think of it, Pigeons abandoned ship not long after that. I always wondered what I said...

the quano making tree rodents are using it for a nest lol

What a wonderful close to one of my favorite journals to date. See? The plan worked. You journaled, your grow improved and so many more members were enamoured with your delightful quirky sense of humor and whimsical turn of a phrase. No way will you catch up Weaselcracker. Take it from me, although I'm more lequatious on others journals, aren't I? :laughtwo: I tend to take over the floor for a few minutes. Hahaha!

I'll be anticipating that PM that says the shiny new starship is ready to launch.

Ok here are the dry weights from those last three plants, in grams.
Mama Thai- 119
P Chunk. - 112
Blueberry. -118
Amazing consistent weights, especially considering that the Blueberry weighed almost 100g more than the MT when wet.
The fact that I'm using these screens, four per light, makes everything very easy to measure, so...
My average yield per screen is 116.3 grams. If I multiply that by four screens I get 465 grams and change. Just over a pound per 600 watt light.
Divided by 600 (presumed wattage) gives me .775 which means I am getting about .77 grams per watt.
Why am I posting this? Hmmmm... I don't know. I suppose it tells me that I'm doing reasonably well, for a neglected helicopter grow using average equipment and old bulbs and crappy reflectors and average everything else. Good enough for me. :thumb:

A couple more things. I found this tonight, which I think explains the purple wilty syndrome I was obsessing over at one point. (It has returned).
www.centennialseeds.com » Comparison of Low pH Leaf Symptoms in Cannabis to New Mexico Chiles and Broad Leaf Sage

And- something I had meant to say but forgot.
I want to say thanks to the mods, who, miraculously, did not delete any of the content in this journal, except one bit I asked them to.
At least I don't think they did.
I can't believe we made it through 75 pages without any amputations! It's amazing!
And kind of weird...I must be losing my touch.
Almost makes me want to normalize this situation by saying-

But I won't

Its been a great ride weasel! I think if i remember correctly your journal was the first journal i followed (i know it was atleast one of the first 3 journals i followed for sure lol). Love the term for the problem we both been having PWS lol snazzy lol. I can't wait for your next journal its gonna be awesome I can just feel it! :tokin: Good vibes your way brother.

. Come to think of it, Pigeons abandoned ship not long after that. I always wondered what I said...

Put it on!!

My disappearance had nothing to do with anything your did or said. I'm a self absorbed and selfish creature that has a tendency of overwhelming myself with my own endeavours. Not something I'm proud of but something I'm seriously working on!

Love you to the moon Weasel! Your journal is a testament to your talent, skill and greatness as a human being. I can't wait to see your next journal and in fact encourage you to get it started so we have somewhere to chill!

:love:

Awww.. You're such a nice guy Pigeons. I'm kind of a self absorbed hermit type who's always focused on my own fantasy world, aka life, as well. I'm oversubscribed in life too, ha ha. Should have known a little leopardskin g-string wouldn't scare you off. Damn, I can't find it, maybe the squirrel got territorial and vanquished it in mortal combat. If Vladimir ever comes through maybe he has an extra one. I suspect he has dozens.
Thanks for the kind words and I'll see you around on the threads. I'm busy trying to figure out this solo cup thing atm. Have to make things difficult for myself, lol.

It's only been 33 days into my Bubblelicious grow and #1's roots have already found and populated the sides and bottom of my clear solo cup. I cannot imagine how you could grow a healthy plant to maturity with such a small root ball.

Well AK I believe it's actually rather easy to grow a healthy plant in a solo cup. You're just not going to get a very large mature plant. But there shouldn't be anything wrong with the plants itself in a smaller environment. Especially if you send it straight to flower out of the gate. That's only about 10 weeks to grow a root system and mature. Not a lot of time for things to go wrong. Not that they don't.

:high-five

Way to go WC! Nice harvest numbers my friend.
:welldone:
That should keep the squirrel's happy for quite some.

I've been busy as a one legged dog covering shit on a frozen pond for the past couple of months so I haven't been visiting your garden as regularly as I would have liked but peeking over your garden fence was always sure to bring on the laughs. I hope to see you back with another journal when your stash begins to run low.

Peace Brother!
:peace::Namaste:

Were in the same boat with that challenge. It's going to be a tough one but I'm gonna get it! What are you going to plant?

Hey. Late getting back to this as life has thrown me a few curves recently. So far I have a Thai stick clone, a sprouted Critical Cheese, and today I put some seeds in to sprout- some 10-year-old seeds from the freezer that are labeled 'Lemon skunk' ( I don't remember how I got the Lemon Skunk seeds, it might've been hermie self pollination), some Mama Thai/Thai Stick cross, and two 'Ace mix' seeds. Almost all of those are non-feminized so I will lose a few as males. I want to try a variety of drain to waste techniques. Rockwool, perlite, coco, and maybe Hydroton. The drain to waste technique, all the mediums, and most of the strains are new to me. I'm also considering using GH nutrients as I have some laying around unopened. I've never used those before either.

I've been busy as a one legged dog covering shit on a frozen pond for the past couple of months so I haven't been visiting your garden as regularly as I would have liked but peeking over your garden fence was always sure to bring on the laughs. I hope to see you back with another journal when your stash begins to run low.

Peace Brother!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good grief, you're a treasure. :laughtwo:

Use your males as herbs. Might as well get the medicinal benefit of the whole plant. I grind my extras and put them in capsule with coconut oil. You can also use it as a condiment on anything you cook. Waste not, want not.

What kind of dry yield do you get from a solo cup? They only hold about 16 Oz, right?

I have no idea AK, and I don't expect these plants to get far anyway. There are many obstacles for them- mostly it's just a fun learning experiment. I think Atrain mentioned something about an ounce or less per plant, but that's Atrain... If I get males I think they'll be so small at that point I will just toss them. I always seem to have large amounts of trimmings on hand. Once in a while I take a huge pile and render it down to a tiny bit of bubble hash. I keep meaning to make some concoction with coconut oil in the Magic Butter machine, but have been too busy using it for non cannabis stuff.

Peace Brother!

Thanks for the laugh -a one legged dog covering shit on a frozen pond is kind of how I felt all this week, lol. I'll keep digging. My leg is getting tired. I'll bury this shit somehow though.
I don't really care much for yield tallies, for some reason. Maybe it's the same way I feel about money. It's a good thing to have, but I don't care much about it as long as I have enough, and am having a decent time getting it without getting too dirty along the way. I don't need much money, and reality is I'm producing far more herb than I need as well, but I'm helping a couple nutcases out, and enjoying growing it. I just saw the chance to quantify how the grow is producing. It's exactly where I felt it was, which is IMO, doing pretty good all things considered. I'm happy with the journey I'm on. If I wanted higher yield I'd grow different strains and upgrade my ancient bulbs and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom