Oil, my 2nd try

Took 3 hours to distill 3500 ml down to 1750, you can see the difference. Now back in the freezer and hopefully we'll see some fats precipitate.

0127202135.jpg

Come to find out that ethanol washes are usually NOT winterized. lol Apparently when butane and other solvents are used they pull out much more fats, and ethanol is used for the winterize step AFTER using other solvents for the extraction.

No wonder I'm not getting anything :)

Next step I'll complete the distiller purge of everclear, then into the vacuum chamber for the final oil step.

I threw out the spent flower, so I can't go back and soak it for days to get the fats I was looking for :( Oh well, chalk that for another day!

We got black gold :) I waited a bit too long in the distiller, you really have to check it often as it gets close to finished. It can get too thick and require more ethanol to keep it workable. Will put the jar in the vacuum chamber today.

0130200003.jpg

I licked my fingers and um, that stoned me to sleep! lol

Good timing, I'll be scoping my left over flower tomorrow.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Please share your future oil results here, it's good to have someone to bounce this around with, especially if you are doing similar steps.

Hmm I imagine the capitate sessile heads have a thick upper membrane and not easily penetrated. I have a high speed wand mixer I wonder if pulverizing the material and one more wash would get those... and LOTS of other plant material, but since I'm winterizing to remove that stuff why not?

Ha, we're both gonna have containers of cannabis FATS/LIPIDS in our fridges. We need a word for that material, I'm getting SO tired of saying, "fats/lipids/waxes/undeisrables"! :)
Just call it WULF (wax, undesireables, lipids, fats)

How come the first time I did this was easy and now the second time everything goes wrong and I second guess everything ? lol

Lots to learn about vacuum chambers... I had the open glass jar sitting in it at vacuum and around 150F when some air bubble under the jar upset it into the chamber... so the thickest gooiest stuff you can imagine was inside that thing. Each time I clean up I lose some more potent oil ugh

Anyway I mixed some up, 118ml olive oil, 12ml lecithin and 10ml cannabis oil. I filled a cap and will determine dosing from the effect. :)

What is the vacuum chamber for?

The vacuum chamber purges more ethanol from the oil. Many don't do that step and just evaporate it out just sitting out and/or with heat. A little alcohol in a capsule or cream is fine but I also want to see if I can make a dabbable ethanol shatter/budder. At this rate not! lol

How come the first time I did this was easy and now the second time everything goes wrong and I second guess everything ? lol

Lots to learn about vacuum chambers... I had the open glass jar sitting in it at vacuum and around 150F when some air bubble under the jar upset it into the chamber... so the thickest gooiest stuff you can imagine was inside that thing. Each time I clean up I lose some more potent oil ugh

Anyway I mixed some up, 118ml olive oil, 12ml lecithin and 10ml cannabis oil. I filled a cap and will determine dosing from the effect. :)

The vacuum chamber purges more ethanol from the oil.
Is a distiller and a vacuum chamber the same thing?

The distiller evaporates and reclaims the alcohol and allows you to reuse. The vacuum chamber comes after to purge out the remaining solvent.

The first time I made oil (link in my sig) I didn't use either one and it still worked fine. I boiled off the alcohol using a heat plate.

The distiller evaporates and reclaims the alcohol and allows you to reuse. The vacuum chamber comes after to purge out the remaining solvent.

The first time I made oil (link in my sig) I didn't use either one and it still worked fine. I boiled off the alcohol using a heat plate.
10-4 Thanks for the info. When you re-use your alcohol, does it increase in strength each time. Always have been curious about that. Namaste hedz

It's already 95% pure alcohol, so I assume that's closer to 100 when distilled, but otherwise it's the same product, just less of it each time due to waste and evaporation.

If I remember correctly, somewhere around 95% is the best that can be accomplished by distillation of a water/ethanol mix. , Something needs to be added to get a higher concentration. Along with the oil, water is also part of your extract, so if anything the concentration will drop slightly.

I made more products using the oil from my first grow of Northern Light from Nirvana Seeds. This time some roll-on oil and body butter.

Roll-On (16) - 10ml, 281mg THC each
48% Pumpkin Seed oil, 48% Grape Seed oil, 4% Lecithin
Melt all together on low heat
Add Peppermint, Lavendar and Menthol for aroma

0131201436 (1).jpg

Body Butter (6) - 60ml, 700mg THC each
24% Shea butter, 24% Cocoa butter, 24% Coconut oil, 24% Almond oil, 4% Lecithin
Melt on low heat, put in fridge until stiff, whip

0205200028.jpg
0205201500.jpg

0205201520.jpg
0205201523.jpg

Capsules (582) = 15mg THC each
96% Olive Oil, 4% Lecithin

0204202005.jpg

I can't stop showing off my bag-o-GOLD! lol

:)

I made more products using the oil from my first grow of Northern Light from Nirvana Seeds. This time some roll-on oil and body butter.

Roll-On (16) - 10ml, 281mg THC each
48% Pumpkin Seed oil, 48% Grape Seed oil, 4% Lecithin
Melt all together on low heat

0131201436 (1).jpg

Body Butter (6) - 60ml, 700mg THC each
24% Shea butter, 24% Cocoa butter, 24% Coconut oil, 24% Almond oil, 4% Lecithin
Melt on low heat, put in fridge until stiff, whip

0205200028.jpg
0205201500.jpg

0205201520.jpg
0205201523.jpg

Capsules (582) = 15mg THC each
96% Olive Oil, 4% Lecithin

0204202005.jpg

I can't stop showing off my bag-o-GOLD! lol

:)

My GF's father is 98 about to be 99 an has arthritis in his back. would the body butter or roll on help him?

Screenshot_5.jpg

Tonight I used all my products... took a cap a couple hours ago, spread the oil and cream on my arms, hands, neck and face about half hour ago. I'm profoundly struck with a sense of well being, a sense of unity with my surroundings.

All kinds of wonder and awe when I think about how I grew this plant through so many stages, attaining the seed, nurturing the seedlings and creating the environment for this species to grow and thrive.

The plant rewards me with influence long after she is gone, gifts for me and others to appreciate and respect. She says, "It's been great hanging out, thank you for keeping me fed, housed, warm and cozy. I loved it when you would visit to check up on me. The haircuts were sometimes a bit difficult, but I did the best I could to tell you, thank you for noticing how my leaves drop when it hurts a little or I'm a bit under the weather."

"I have something important to leave you! It's a gift from my mother. She's been waiting forever it seems and would love to meet you. I hope we can become best of friends and then I can introduce you."

0106202105_Burst01.jpg

OMGoodness I would think so! Give it a try, if you want amazon links to all the products I mention in the recipes let me know.

He should not get high applying it to the body?

Back
Top Bottom