420 Magazine Background

Oil, my first try

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
The next question that needs to be answered is does CBDx have an effect on pain transmission in the nerves the way that THC does. I know that CBD is an anti-inflammatory taken internally over time, but what effect does it have on the superficial nerve endings that topicals can reach.

@SweetSue has found THC to be much more effective than CBD for topical pain relief.

panacea

Well there we go, I have more faith in what Sue has found out on the topical pain relief then what i read. That is a big issue out there , so many conflicting reports on what works best. I know many companies and individuals have been putting CBD on the pedestal for the last few years and the reason behind this alot of the times is that they could ship CBD legally since it was not classified as a schedule 1 drug. Big reason for these companies to take advantage of others, that being said i agree that CBD does work but no way should THC take a back seat. If i had a choice i would definitely opt for the THC.

Brian420pm

I'm curious how the THCa stuff works.
Easy enough to make a cream or oil with THC, THCA, CBD and CBDA... just grow a 1:1 strain, decarb half and don't decarb the other half. Decarb is a bit different since CBDA requires a higher temp. Will cross that bridge when I get there. I've seen zero talk about this, so maybe a novel way to proceed.

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
I decarbed my CBD strain the same as my THC strains and it tested pretty close to expected breeder specs. 240º for 90 minutes in a foil pouch.

I think the only way to really find out what works and what doesn't would be to make 4 separate batches, one each of THC, THCa, CBD, and CBDa.

You would need a CBD-only strain to do that kind of testing.

Top Bottom