Oil, my first try

Brian420pm

As Bruce Buffer would say...

iiiiiiit's TIIIIIIME!... after 4 months of strenuous study, the moment this oil fan has been waiting for!

Introducing FIRST, in this corner... this stoner is a free style smoker from the 70's, making his long awaited return.

hehe :)

8 grams of course-cut frozen GG4 washed for 30 seconds in frozen everclear and strained with a coffee filter.

GG4 and everclear back in the freezer for an hour then will do a second wash for 60 seconds and add to the first, then evaporate in a glass dish on a hot plate, outside.

Please someone confirm my math below, thank you!

To calculate how many mg of THC is in the final oil...

8 grams of GG4 = 8,000mg
Assume the GG4 is 15% THC, or 8000mg x .15 = 960mg of THC
I'll assume the wash will get 75% of that, so whatever I collect should have 720mg of THC.

0418191513.jpg

That's qwet not rso as far as I can see. Looks yummy!

As for the math that's a lot of assumptions to make if your trying to be accurate enough for dosing. I never worry about it, I just make it and bake it I'll figure out how potent it is after I hit it.

Hot plate set at 200F, outside temp is 60. I'll have a cooking therm next time to get the temp of the actual liquid. Using an infrared heat gun the plate cycles on and off between 170 and 230.

I can see where a larger pyrex would work faster from a larger evaporation area.
0418191648.jpg

Done! Took 4-5 hrs. The alcohol smell is gone, now smells exactly like the original GG4 except... thicker!

Tomorrow I'll warm up some coconut oil, measure it carefully so I can dose it properly, then mix it in.

Then, to the decarb step. I'll have a proper thermometer so I'll be sure not to take it over 240 for around 30 minutes. Then I'll fill it in some #4 capsules.

0418192051.jpg

NOW it’s RSO, or as we refer to it around this neighborhood, CCO, for concentrated cannabis oil.

Which is exactly what you created there Brian, top notch CCO. Here are so many ways to use good CCO. I have a smoothie recipe you might like that’ll turn that precious oil into a 5:1 biobomb and knock you back on your heels. :laughtwo: Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll dig up the link. :battingeyelashes:

As suggested in my journal, adding liquid sunflower lecithin has the mix hitting you sooner - within the first 10-15 minutes and hard - and lasting longer. It’s an excellent way to extend the oil. You’ll need less oil for greater effect.

Be honest. Didn’t that leave you wanting to turn around and make another batch right away?

Thanks @SweetSue for the liquid sunflower lecithin suggestion! How much to use?

That depends on what you’re making Brian. My recipe for the smoothie calls for about 45 ml or so to 1 ml of CCO and 5 ml of coconut oil. It doesn’t take much when you’re mixing with CCO. In infused oils I use 1 tablespoon to a cup of carrier oil.

adding liquid sunflower lecithin has the mix hitting you sooner

I got some info from a link where a chemist was talking about medium chain trigs (MCT oil, which as far as I can tell is fractioned coconut oil) and how they help absorb faster.

Looking up sunflower lecithin I see it's an emulsifier, so it helps everything bind together and stabilize in a mixture, so essentially wherever it tends to travel through your body... mouth, esophagus, stomach, intestines, you'll get an even distribution. I LOVE that :) I'll spend the wee hours looking into that and probably git me sum tomorrow!

Nice oil Brian! :thumb: and High! Welcome to 420 :welcome:
I would love to be able to get Everclear or equivalent here, easily. (I could distill, but that;s not realistic atm)
That depends on what you’re making Brian. My recipe for the smoothie calls for about 45 ml or so to 1 ml of CCO and 5 ml of coconut oil. It doesn’t take much when you’re mixing with CCO. In infused oils I use 1 tablespoon to a cup of carrier oil.
High Sue, what’s the 45ml substance in that smoothie recipe?

ANd Brian, when sue says 1tablespoon per cup, she means of liquid sunflower lecithin to the coconut oil carrier you’re using. :thumb: just in case... I’m pretty high atm so maybe that didnt need clarifying (better to be safe tho, right ).

She had the hugest most awesomest day ever and should be sleepin like a babe by now! :) I first thought the 45ml is the smoothie itself but that's just a fifth of a cup. I can't imagine a full ml of CCO in ONE smoothie??? lol I bet it's a pitcher full, or she has one HECK of a tolerance :)

Your clarity while high has surpassed my foggy while straight! lol

She does tho’! :D

:rofl: I have an appreciation for the soaring euphoric experience. I don’t notice much tolerance anymore, but then I don’t ever stop consuming. :laughtwo:

ANd Brian, when sue says 1tablespoon per cup, she means of liquid sunflower lecithin to the coconut oil carrier you’re using. :thumb: just in case... I’m pretty high atm so maybe that didnt need clarifying (better to be safe tho, right ).

The 45 ml was liquid sunflower lecithin. That smoothie recipe is killer. :laugh2; I’ll have to dig it up for myself. Lol!

I crashed a bit, came back to life momentarily, and I can feel the energy slipping away again. :laughtwo: So much like the energy of a curious child it sometimes takes me by surprise. Lol!

@InTheShed, I’m beat and calling it a day. Can you help Brian with his calculations, please? :battingeyelashes::green_heart:
I'd be happy to, though Oldbear's spreadsheet is set up for plants rather than concentrate, as it measures product in grams.

Here is how the spreadsheet looks:

I need the info for those boxes to calculate the mg THC/ml oil, but if you want to assume that 1ml = 1gr, post the % THC you figure your concentrate to be (is all concentrate 100% THC? It's beyond my ken) I can plug in numbers and get to 10mg.ml for you.

Is that making any sense?

Back
Top Bottom