Ointment Help Please!

robberry

I'm a Disabled Vet. I came across this forum looking for some THC ointment. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Sorry to say I dont smoke(my job keeps me from that) but due to my pain I have from my wounds, in my wrist and knee, I found that an ointment a friend of mind gave me a few months really works...it contained THC. Now I'm out and he's since passed away. So I'm really trying to find some more. Believe it was called "Balms Away". Thanks for reading and Happy New Year! Rob

You might have to go through a doctor to get that. It sounds like something they sell at one of those doctor prescribed pot shops.

In the meantime, buy some synthetic pee for a 'pop up drug test' and smoke.

Me & my wife found somethin like that
called 'Cannabalm'~~contains THC~~
works great for pain:smokin:we're medical~~
& we get it at the club~~good luck
my friend~~I hold high respect for
our disabled veterans:clap:
PEACE OUT:peace:

my doctor did give me some information about using cannabis buds for the purposes making it into topical forms. he mentioned soaking them in isopropyl alcohol first which is a commonly used cure for herpes breakouts throughout various places i the world. from there, to get an ointment form, you are going to have to compound the bud with a cream or gel base. i imagine you can get some information that is specifically targeted for this type of remedy by doing research on the internet and perhaps check into some possible books where there are recipes of all kinds for cannabis. i hesitate to make any suggestions as to what to do once the bud has been thoroughly soaked in the isopropyl alcohol. you may also want to look into some books on compounding herbs such as chamomile, hops, etc. given people vaporize them for various health reasons just as they do with cannabis. i am just using some common sense beyond the actual little information i know (vis a vis the alcohol soaking). i hope this tidbit helps you in your pursuit of the much needed relief you are seeking. if not, sorry, but i did try. best of luck to you in your pursuit.

please send me a private message if you do get your hands on any info as i would be interested myself. i am currently using a prescription compounded cream a special compounding pharmacy makes up for me which has 2 rx anti-inflammatory agents and 1 rx muscle relaxant agent for the same purpose as i can not ingest any anti-inflammatory medications of any kind. it is also very helpful, but i would love to try a more natural remedy if i knew it was tried and true!

again, good luck and good health. take care and be well.

you might check out on how to make tincture in either the food or information section. It would also seem that cream made from coconut oil, bud and a little alcohol(to encourage absorption) might work. Similar to canna capsules. Be advised that this might make you fail test.

Thanks for all the info folks! The THC ointment I used was a petroleum jelly based cream, the ingredients include: camphor, cinnamon,eucalyptus, lavender, menthol,pepermint, rosemary, wintergreen and of course THC/w petroleum jelly base.....any cooks in the house? lol....

I did a google search for you, and I read that you can pour some olive oil in a crockpot, add some green (One part each) and cook it for a few hours. It works as a salve AND a cooking oil.

Collect the trichs through normal means such as bubble bags or silk screen method. Then obtain some Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Not sure if THC is dissolvable in DMSO but its worth experimenting with. DMSO is a polar aprotic solvent (solvents that share ion dissolving power with protic solvents but lack an acidic hydrogen. These solvents generally have high dielectric constants and high polarity.) that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible (able to form a homogeneous solution with other liquids) in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water.

here's the important part:

It has the distinctive property of penetrating the skin very readily. People can actually taste it shortly after it come in contact with the skin.

I may actually try this myself... hmmm

Also see: US Patent for Cannabinoid patch and method for cannabis transdermal delivery

Also bud, If you are applying thc to your skin and feeling the effects then you will probably still fail a drug test. Doesn't matter if you smoke it or not. Unless THC as some local effects that I dont know about.

Also I would filter any veg matter out of the solution before applying.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the help....I guess what I'm wondering is...is there any place I can buy this "ointment" or "cream" or "butter"? I am by no means able to make any of the suggestions. thanks for the help...Robert:Rasta:

If you live in a mmj state, you can get it from most cannabis clubs.

If you don't live in one of those states, you may have to resort to making your own.

good luck, keep us posted.

Peace:hippy:

Be very careful of DMSO. Many mango seasons ago, the horse racing crown was using it on horses and some of us started uning it for sprains, soreness and the like. It is an industrial solvent which penetrates very rapidly and generates heat. Now the bad part: It can also penetrate into organs such as liver, kidneys ect and has caused major health problems. Remember that it is not recomended for human consumption and the last I heard of it, was not being used on animals either.
I still think that coconut oil, which is a solid at room temperature, can be heated to 325 F and finely ground herb added and cooked for another 10-15 minutes as in receipe for canna-caps. After it has cooled somewhat, I would add a little rubbing alcohol to encourage penetration.
(and the horses felt well but lost anyway)
Check and see if DMSO is legal in your state before usning on humans!

Back
Top Bottom