Ok any advice on my new first grow please

kirkyboi

Hi all

Ok i have delved straight into the growing of my own personal stuff, I started this 2 days ago and after germinating i planted the seeds yesterday and would love comments and advice as i am what you would call a newbie at this, so here goes (by the way i have posted pics below):

Equipment:

1x Secret Jardin DS120 REV II Grow Tent 1.2m (w) x 1.2m (d) x 1.8m (h)
1x Pair of Pro Grip Light Hangers/ Adjusters
1x 22amp Heavy Duty Contactor Timer
1x Ballest 600W Sunmaster Duel spectrum Bulb
1X Euro Reflector
1x Min/Max Hygrometer
1x Prima Klima Carbon Filter
2x 3 Meter length of Flexible Aluminium Ducting
2X 4" TT/FANTRONIXS FANS
1x Desk fan on max setting

Seeds:

4x White Russian
1x Super Queen (the wife wanted that one lol)

I am using normal soil from the garden center that i flushed out for 3 days and on the forth microwaved to get rid of any parasites etc.

As mentioned above i planted these yesterday and 2 have poped up already.

I use plastic cups over the plants for the moment to keep mostuire in (ofcourse with holes ;)

Oh and i also have a cup of water in there again for mostuire

so again i would love to hear any critizicem and advice please.
Thanks
Kirkyboi

15092011273.jpg
15092011275.jpg
15092011276.jpg
15092011277.jpg
15092011278.jpg
15092011279.jpg

Seedlings don't need such intense light. And maybe use a MH or Conversion bulb, the blue light would be best now, but not necessary.

And remove the cups when the seedlings sprout up, so they can adapt to the wind and build some stem. They're likely to get some fungus in the moist environment, and stretch under the red light.

Your setup is all really nice, though. The White Russian is some amazing weed, very good yield, with a good thick, not-quite-pungent and fruity aroma, and an amazing stupefying high. You should get some beer bottle sized buds.

thanks alot for your comments, been reading up and learning alot on here till i knew in a slight way what i was doing but i am hoping i can do a good crop here, will defiantly keep you all posted, thanks again

twelve12: i got my seeds from attitude seedbank, not sure if i can post links in posts but can msg you the link.

Lou weed: will take the plastic cups off and see what happens but thanks alot for the advice.

Thanks again for the good comments
Kirkyboi

Sup kirky how goes it and welcome to :420:....our setup looks dreamie.....andthe strains sound dope... Ima with my boy Lou.... Remove the red bulbs and use metal halide or blue lights now... And I've never used covers and recommend them for cloning only....you will want your lights to stay close for veg and the stems to get some wind for strengthening also like lou said.....otherwise you will be happy with your setup I'm sure of it...don't forget NO nutes for a few weeks......goodluck amigo. :hippy:

cheers cannavince, i have removed the covers but have noticed that one of the white russuians has a bendy stalk so hopefully i can sort that but the special queen is growing nice however its leaves are streching to the light even though i have it 15 inches away so not sure wether to pull light down further as i dont want to burn it, as for the other wht russians they have not stuck there heads out yet....its crazy this i am treating them like kids i keep looking on them every hour lol

Yah kirky I keep my cfls for veg only 2-5 Inches away in the beginning.....if I use MH than like 11-17" away...once you get them up over the dirt snap us some more pics amigo... Sounds good...:hippy:

They are reaching because of the light spectrum. Save that bulb for flowering and get a MH bulb or if need be some 6500k compact flourescent's. You're going to bury some of the stem when you replant, so don't worry to much about it.

Nice setup BTW! :thumb:

loooks good xD

dont forget a ppm and ph meter so you know if u got and prob with you ph and where you nutes are. & do you got a grow journal going ? would like to see the updates with you grow .

and :goodluck:

;) :rollit:

for now you can move the light more higher and let the oscillating fan blow air over
the plants .so between the light and plant.

& you can get an air cool-able reflector. and attach a inline fan to blow the heat out.
that way you can still use your 600w bulb or some cfl light for veg since they dont produce heat

i suggest just using separate bulbs mh for veg and hps for flowering.. more $$ but hey it should be worth it in the long run

Your inline fan (or fans) should be pulling air out of the top of your grow tent and running the exhaust out of the window, which is what it looks like you have going on. If you're talking about heat on the plants, put your hand under the bulb right at the level the seedlings will be at. If it feels at all hot (or even overly warm) to your hand it will be to the seedlings too. Move the light higher if it is. If you are talking about grow tent temp, it seems like the inline fan setups you have should get rid of heat unless the air coming into the tent is hot. I have a 4" inline on my 2' x 3' x 7' grow room with a 250 watt HPS and a 200 watt CFL (the fan I think is 170 cfm) and it manages to keep things cool. Barely. Being in a basement with 68 degree intake temps helps my cause, too. I will be using a 400 watt HPS eventually and I know I have to go to at least a 6" inline fan.
I always mist my seedlings when they need it; a good way of keeping an eye on them during that critical time for me. Good luck again.

Back
Top Bottom