Ok, lets say I am on probation with search and seizure at will, and We have a tenant

dewild1

ok, lets say I am on probation, with search and seizure at will, and We have a tenant.
And lets say the cops deiced to raid my home... but a tenant, that has nothing to do with me, BUT has medical marijuana in his room, (all legal with real medical conditions and scripts from at least 2 different doctors), and another door past his first secured door then to his grow room), and a few plants in his grow room, (with dead bolts separating my access to his room yet alone access to his grow room), a room I have NO ACCESS TOO,,,,, AND THE COPS RAID MY PLACE, even with me not even at that residence....

Do they, (the cops), have a right to search my house, including his room, (as seperate as we are through laws and the fact that I am NOT EVEN LIVING IN MY OLD HOUSE)...

SO CAN THEY SEARCH HIS ROOM, KNOWING I AM NOT LIVING THERE, NOT EVEN PRESENT, AND HE IS A RENTER, with his own rights?
Can they search his room too?:morenutes:
Or, even if they do search it, lawfully or unlawfully, (as all my streamed, live, through a special VPN, like justin.tv, but on my own special Windows Media Services servers, that is in a cluster, ready for millions to see and share with it being impossible to be shut down), system will show everyone the truth, on the backbone of a cluster of high speed networks....
It will be viral...

OK, I am done talking geek as well as geeking out....

My point, if they raid me, I have generators and UPSes up the ying yang and I will stream it via cell or cable or ADSL, (for I have all three), and the truth will be seen by EVERYONE and the cops will learn that they have to obied BY ALL LAWS, not just the ones they "believe in".

But I just do not know the "renters laws and rights".:popcorn:

Re: Ok, lets say I am on probation with search and seizure at will, and We have a ten

They have the rights and powers we allow them to have. Our collective eyes should be on our police state. They are the "shepards" that protect us from "lions" and "rape" the sheep. Also being on probation and living in a house with pot is not a good idea to begin with. Wisdom should be your guide. Listen for her sweet voice, come when she calls.:peacetwo:

Re: Ok, lets say I am on probation with search and seizure at will, and We have a ten

They have the rights and powers we allow them to have. Our collective eyes should be on our police state. They are the "shepards" that protect us from "lions" and "rape" the sheep. Also being on probation and living in a house with pot is not a good idea to begin with. Wisdom should be your guide. Listen for her sweet voice, come when she calls.:peacetwo:

I have ways around the unwise idea of me being on probation and growing because I will not be living in that house.
I may visit, but I will not be living there.:thumb:

I appreciate your response and wisdom.

Can someone who knows renters rights help me understand the laws of my tenant? Can the cops go into his room, that he rents, with out a warrant specifically for him and his room, if I am not there and I do not live there? Or even if I was there, visiting, can they go through his room and into his grow room, even though I do not have access to it?
thx...

I have ways around the unwise idea of me being on probation and growing because I will not be living in that house.
I may visit, but I will not be living there.:thumb:

I appreciate your response and wisdom.

Can someone who knows renters rights help me understand the laws of my tenant? Can the cops go into his room, that he rents, with out a warrant specifically for him and his room, if I am not there and I do not live there? Or even if I was there, visiting, can they go through his room and into his grow room, even though I do not have access to it?
thx...

Does he rent the house or just a room?? Who else resides there if he only rents a room??

Does he rent the house or just a room?? Who else resides there if he only rents a room??

House is owned by a cooperation, not owned by me.
He rents a room.

18 yo son and my wife.

Thank you.

House is owned by a cooperation, not owned by me.
He rents a room.

18 yo son and my wife.

Thank you.

So you do not live with your wife and your son? Your wife and you live in separate houses? They are part of a co-op and you live near bye? So you have no interest in the house I guess is what you are saying, but if your married, isn't everything considered community property? Your name would not come up anywhere on the property, land title, etc, right? Also, how many people do you need to be considered a co-op? Last thing, if you are a co-op does it matter where and who you get rid of your medication to, or do you have to be open to the public? Can a co-op be owned and in a residential area or does it have to be a commercial property?? I'm just lost and sort of wondering the same sort of things you are I guess so I really don't expect you to know all of this but maybe you know already from looking into it.....Hopefully somebody with some law info and back round will chime in and let us know what type of info we are probably all needing and wondering about:goodluck:

So you do not live with your wife and your son? Your wife and you live in separate houses? They are part of a co-op and you live near bye? So you have no interest in the house I guess is what you are saying, but if your married, isn't everything considered community property? Your name would not come up anywhere on the property, land title, etc, right? Also, how many people do you need to be considered a co-op? Last thing, if you are a co-op does it matter where and who you get rid of your medication to, or do you have to be open to the public? Can a co-op be owned and in a residential area or does it have to be a commercial property?? I'm just lost and sort of wondering the same sort of things you are I guess so I really don't expect you to know all of this but maybe you know already from looking into it.....Hopefully somebody with some law info and back round will chime in and let us know what type of info we are probably all needing and wondering about:goodluck:

Even her car is in her name, Electricity, Cable, etc.. All in her name.
I am living some place else.
They are only growing for their selves, for personal use only.
They will not be selling to any person that comes to the house or the like.
All legal.

I may visit the house, do work on the house, etc.

So if I am there, and I am not legally separated, can they search the roommates room?
Or if I am not there, can they search it?

I know they can search me and my property, but can they search a house that I visit frequently and or may be present at is my question...

Thank you everyone for helping.
:goodjob:

Yeah, I'm not too sure on that. I would say yes, they can and will do whatever they want if they want to...Even though your not involved on paper, I'm sure they can find a way to pin you to the wall...I'm really not sure though. It's a sticky situation, I would say just expect it to happen even if you think it isn't fair....Even if you got off, you would still have a ton of headache, time and money involved to where they would win either way, right??? Hard to say man, but good luck and I hope to see a few more inputs from others who know the law a little better.....:thumb:

Yeah, I'm not too sure on that. I would say yes, they can and will do whatever they want if they want to...Even though your not involved on paper, I'm sure they can find a way to pin you to the wall...I'm really not sure though. It's a sticky situation, I would say just expect it to happen even if you think it isn't fair....Even if you got off, you would still have a ton of headache, time and money involved to where they would win either way, right??? Hard to say man, but good luck and I hope to see a few more inputs from others who know the law a little better.....:thumb:

Thank you for your time and opinion. I agree... The laws are made BY them and FOR them.
I am scared.:hmmmm::surrender::icon_roll:yikes:

Post the rental agreement on the door to the rented room and if the search warrant does not include the whole premises, with the named tenant, they might not search for fear of a violation. Also they have no lawful right to search the renters abode.

If you are on probation and open for search, they still shouldn't, but shoulda coulda woulda... you know they don't care until the judge starts throwing out caseload... then they get angry but still... they don't care...

A real keyed deadbolt on an inside door with a rental agreement on the door is grounds for a 4th amendment argument... but you are going to get the code violation if they are real pricks...

The only thing stopping them is fear... The best thing to do is install closed circut tv cameras in every room stored to an offsite website DVR... Post that they are being surveillance 24//7 and they will act like angels in your place until they can get the system shut off.

I know of a case where the police tried to argue that the tape of them searching should not be admissible because they didn't know they were "being recorded" but the tape also showed a gross disregard of the 4th amendment so it was allowed and then the case got tossed on the violation... It was a rental agreement on the door that got them. and the illigal conduct in the house... cops steal medicine, money and other stuff when you let them in...

I also know cops are less likely to try and get into a place with large 2+ dogs... That's why I have a German, a pit, a boxer, and a poodle... at least 3/4 are scary...

Oh McCrackin, You are correct sir! I like the off-site dvr CCTV idea, its not as expensive as people think. The dogs though 3/4 of them are scary, one big poodle and three runts, that would be hilarious, i digress. Posting your rental agreement on your door(s) and windows will let them now who's room is who's. But ultimately, Its up to the discretion of the officers on the raid whether or not they kick in your door too. :wood:
dewild1 I hope my previous posts did not offend no ill intent in my words. Peace.:Namaste:

they could always say they think you ran that way you can post the rec an additional info also

Do you ever spend the night there? as they may try and prove u are a resident of such house.

Back
Top Bottom