Oklahoma doctors

I'mOne

I recently went shopping for a medical marijuana provider. Oklahoma allows doctors to prescribe but also certifies certain providers? There are not that many yet, after reaearching i decided to go with a provider in Edmond. Ahe was on the news and seemed on the up and up. Another doctor i researched had some complaints against him in another state, and the provider for my home town did not answer phone calls or return my messages. I was a little shocked at the rate that my provider will be charging. In addition to the 100 dollars I have to send the state, my doctor will also charge 250 dollars for the 'evaluation' still she seems very busy. I will let you know how my appointment goes, the soonest she could see me on a saturday was late next month.

I recently went shopping for a medical marijuana provider. Oklahoma allows doctors to prescribe but also certifies certain providers? There are not that many yet, after reaearching i decided to go with a provider in Edmond. Ahe was on the news and seemed on the up and up. Another doctor i researched had some complaints against him in another state, and the provider for my home town did not answer phone calls or return my messages. I was a little shocked at the rate that my provider will be charging. In addition to the 100 dollars I have to send the state, my doctor will also charge 250 dollars for the 'evaluation' still she seems very busy. I will let you know how my appointment goes, the soonest she could see me on a saturday was late next month.

I called a medical office in Moore and they want 275 and you dont even see the dr until your second visit. They also want to see the meds im taking for the condition in question?

In my state it's a two step process. First you see a doc and then you apply to the state. The criteria the docs go by is "does the patient have a condition that could be driven with a hammer to make it fit the hole?" If so, it's a rubber stamp of approval and let the state sort the legal side. The state just wants to check for convictions and the like. They also monitor/record dispensary purchases to ensure you aren't stocking your own store from the 'cash and carry'.

Sorry, interrupted. The docs want your money, not to mention the effects a 'no' can have on patients that are social-graces-challenged, for lack of a better term. IOW, as long as you don't have drug convictions, you can pretty much bank on approval. Again, in my experience, in my state. Your mileage may vary. :cool:

If they advertise themselves as a cannabis doc it'll be easier than your primary care provider who wants you keeping appointments and shoving pharmaceuticals down your gullet to pay for his next vacation. Again, in my experience and observation.

TBF, some do need to keep appts and work the shovel.

Back
Top Bottom