Oklahoma house of representatives aka idiots

Are they the same dumbfarts that want to limit the THC content for plants and edible's?....The fucktarts of the good old "US of Assholes" will destroy this plant like they did with everything they got their greedy hands on

How is this supposed to reduce black market sales? It won't. It's a red herring.
There is some logic to what they are trying to attempt. Whether they can pull it off is another thing.

About half way down the page in the link is this sentence: "This would be achieved by prohibiting license renewals if specific performance targets are not met by businesses. "

They would be forcing the businesses to sell a minimum amount or loose their license when it is time to renew. How does a business increase their sales volume? One way is to lower prices and make up for the lower income by increasing sales volume.

One thing that the black market has going for it are lower prices since they do not have to include sales tax or license fees. If the licensed businesses drop their price enough to match the black market then more money goes to legal sales and takes away from the underground sellers.

Whether it would work...?? I don't know since the black market seems to still be doing fairly well in the states that have legalized sales to the public. At least that is what I have read.

There is some logic to what they are trying to attempt. Whether they can pull it off is another thing.

About half way down the page in the link is this sentence: "This would be achieved by prohibiting license renewals if specific performance targets are not met by businesses. "

They would be forcing the businesses to sell a minimum amount or loose their license when it is time to renew. How does a business increase their sales volume? One way is to lower prices and make up for the lower income by increasing sales volume.

One thing that the black market has going for it are lower prices since they do not have to include sales tax or license fees. If the licensed businesses drop their price enough to match the black market then more money goes to legal sales and takes away from the underground sellers.

Whether it would work...?? I don't know since the black market seems to still be doing fairly well in the states that have legalized sales to the public. At least that is what I have read.
The law was not written by the legislature, it was a citizen initiative. The legislature has tried to rig the industry from day one. The black market largely exists because of out of staters. Almost anyone who wants a medical card in Oklahoma can get one.
Our legislature or governor consistently tries to rewrite citizen initiative laws. They are attempting to make the initiative process more difficult to cut some citizen involvement in government to a minimum.
If they want to stop the black market then make it recreational and drop tax rates on it

The law was not written by the legislature, it was a citizen initiative. The legislature has tried to rig the industry from day one. The black market largely exists because of out of staters. Almost anyone who wants a medical card in Oklahoma can get one.
Our legislature or governor consistently tries to rewrite citizen initiative laws. They are attempting to make the initiative process more difficult to cut some citizen involvement in government to a minimum.
If they want to stop the black market then make it recreational and drop tax rates on it
Was reading about the legalization route that New Mexico is going through right now and they are close to final approvals. One of the articles I read had a paragraph on how a Republican representative had tried to get a proposal into the earlier legislation that would have reduced the tax structure because it would help lower the prices and lower prices cut into the black market. The rest of the legislature did not like the idea of lower taxes and did not vote that amendment in.

I took some samples to a lab in OKC today and asked the business owner about the bill. Apparently something needs done, I'm still not convinced this is the correct path. We have five thousand licensed growers in ok compared to less than half that in CA, a much bigger state. Lots of black market weed is leaving the state (in his opinion,). Inept growers are pressuring labs to fake the thc numbers, and there is little or nothing that can be done due to OMMA low budget for enforcement and lack of resources.

Back
Top Bottom