Old 60s guy

Thunder51

420 Member
I am 69, I grew back in the late 60s into early 70s. I live in Illinois and cannabis is legal for rec and medical use here. I use the plant for medical relief due to spinal operation. I am growing my 5 allowed plants and this new growing is well advanced from the old days of the 70s. I have been a NORML advocate for a long time. My grand mother and mother firmly believed in the cannabis plant as a healing herb some 75 years ago.

I am 69, I grew back in the late 60s into early 70s. I live in Illinois and cannabis is legal for rec and medical use here. I use the plant for medical relief due to spinal operation. I am growing my 5 allowed plants and this new growing is well advanced from the old days of the 70s. I have been a NORML advocate for a long time. My grand mother and mother firmly believed in the cannabis plant as a healing herb some 75 years ago.
Hey Thunder, welcome aboard! Things change by the year it seems, and this is the place to get the memos! So what do you have growing?

Hey Thunder, welcome aboard! Things change by the year it seems, and this is the place to get the memos! So what do you have growing?
I have 4 GG autos and 3 purple kush photoperiod but the purple kush I totally messed up and they are a fail. I am 6 weeks into the veg stage I just transplanted yesterday my GG girls to 5 gal pots ,as my photo shows the small tiny ones are the photoperiod ones I messed up. I am learning....

20210330_164541.jpg

I have 4 GG autos and 3 purple kush photoperiod but the purple kush I totally messed up and they are a fail. I am 6 weeks into the veg stage I just transplanted yesterday my GG girls to 5 gal pots ,as my photo shows the small tiny ones are the photoperiod ones I messed up. I am learning....

20210330_164541.jpg
Nice! I haven't had either of them.

Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome: Did you get a chance to look at our sponsors. Lots of deals on any equipment you need. Happy growing.

Welcome to the forum @Thunder51 :passitleft:
I don't count my failed ones into my allowed 5 , I figure 5 good plants...lol
You may want to check those numbers again, I know it differs from state to state...but here in Missouri we can grow 6 in flower, 6 in veg, and also have 6 clones going all at once :slide:

I don't have a MMJ card or anything :hmmmm: I just stay under the radar, so to speak, on my own little 10 acres of the planet :snowboating:

Welcome, I travel north 3 hours to Anna and Carbondale to get my medicine. Not any longer now that I have plants I’m about to harvest. Shit is expensive on the Rec side . Medical prices seemed a little fair but not Colorado prices for sure lol
Anyhow glad you are here . Stick around and start a journal

Welcome, I travel north 3 hours to Anna and Carbondale to get my medicine. Not any longer now that I have plants I’m about to harvest. Shit is expensive on the Rec side . Medical prices seemed a little fair but not Colorado prices for sure lol
Anyhow glad you are here . Stick around and start a journal
Hey thank you, amazing how growing this weed has changed. Speaking of Anna IL. I was 3 years old and lived there on a farm with my grand parents that was light years ago.. I have been buying from Rise up here in Chicago suburbs its a 45 min trip to the dispensary , we haven't gotten a dispensary in our county yet. Still the prices are high even med side at 49$ a 1/8 is robbery so growing is the saving grace.:yummy:

High Thunder ! How's it growing in Ill. these days. Every time I see someone from Ill. I get homesick again. I'm originally from Calumet City; but moved to AZ. in 83. They call it Arizona & I call it Hellazona. I swear we are 6" above hell in the summer here with 120 F temps. Totally unbearable to me. I try not to even go outside as much as possible for 3 months. Just too damned hot ! Never the less, I miss Ill. big time. Can't even buy a house with a basement where I live. They don't build them out here very much because the ground is too hard. Take care & hope you have a great time here at 420 Mag.

Hey thank you, amazing how growing this weed has changed. Speaking of Anna IL. I was 3 years old and lived there on a farm with my grand parents that was light years ago.. I have been buying from Rise up here in Chicago suburbs its a 45 min trip to the dispensary , we haven't gotten a dispensary in our county yet. Still the prices are high even med side at 49$ a 1/8 is robbery so growing is the saving grace.:yummy:
Yeah that’s ridiculous, pay about $90 an 1/8 after taxes and it smells like hay, no trichs ( I am certain they tumble the weed once before packaging) so I don’t buy flower ever . Concentrates are $100 a gram = highway robbery lol

Yeah that’s ridiculous, pay about $90 an 1/8 after taxes and it smells like hay, no trichs ( I am certain they tumble the weed once before packaging) so I don’t buy flower ever . Concentrates are $100 a gram = highway robbery lol
Thrive in Anna , cool little place , still a farming community for sure :)

DA868B19-C1D1-4DF6-8F09-BF36D206C75F.jpeg

ADFD3D22-656E-4558-8ABF-E108FCE5205B.jpeg

High Thunder ! How's it growing in Ill. these days. Every time I see someone from Ill. I get homesick again. I'm originally from Calumet City; but moved to AZ. in 83. They call it Arizona & I call it Hellazona. I swear we are 6" above hell in the summer here with 120 F temps. Totally unbearable to me. I try not to even go outside as much as possible for 3 months. Just too damned hot ! Never the less, I miss Ill. big time. Can't even buy a house with a basement where I live. They don't build them out here very much because the ground is too hard. Take care & hope you have a great time here at 420 Mag.

Hey, Yea Illinois went legal last year be it all for the sky high taxes on the weed, damn politicians...lol ..Cal city is about 2 hrs southeast of me i'm near the Wisconsin border where they still lock you up for weed. I was out in Phoenix one year on July 4th it was 118° man I will never forget that heat..lol. Yea after making a few legal weed purchases I knew it was time to do my own grow to save some money, social security doesn't cover the outlay of monthly expenses in today's world. :yummy:

Calumet City!! I'm a southsider born and raised.

Hey, Yea Illinois went legal last year be it all for the sky high taxes on the weed, damn politicians...lol ..Cal city is about 2 hrs southeast of me i'm near the Wisconsin border where they still lock you up for weed. I was out in Phoenix one year on July 4th it was 118° man I will never forget that heat..lol. Yea after making a few legal weed purchases I knew it was time to do my own grow to save some money, social security doesn't cover the outlay of monthly expenses in today's world. :yummy:
In Illinois it is worth it to have a medical card. It casts $100 but the taxes are 3% not 49% for rec weed. Plus with a med card you can legally grow. Really the only thing I will get at the dispensary are vape cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom