Old and slow, first timer

TheMarcusMark

Hello green thumbs,
Been a long time since I have attempted to root a plant cutting, thought I had better read up on what works and what doesn't. I guess I should first use the search feature before asking on a thread. What I really need to know is when to start flowering my plant? I'm at a point now where I can start cloning, so today will be that day. I've got a healthy plant somewhere around 6 to 8 weeks old. i'm going to record as much info as I can along with some photos which I have not done so far... my fear is the freaking record could be used against me.
So a first time in house grow attempt is working out fairly well for me.
I am a machinery repair tech and was wondering if anyone had an electronic ballast that stopped working that would like to ship it to me for repair.
just a thought, if it is just collecting dust, and it can be refurbished, why not ask for one.?.
If I get it working I will send it back and if you want I will return it if I can't fix it. If you don't want to do that, could someone please take it apart and send or post photos of the insides?
I'm in a money grubbing cop land and being quiet is the name of the game here in Ok. There are so many meth users which means a ton of DEA MJTF people running lose.
I'd like to thank all those who have commented and posted help info here, it is a massive site to explore.
I do have questions about sealing the end of a cutting. Can or has anyone used paraffin wax like those who graft limbs as a seal for the cutting? I'm not at a place where I can afford to buy the gel and thought the wax would work. Any thoughts concerning sealing, about thirty years ago I was able to keep a cutting alive without doing that, it started flowering and made a small bud, and my mistake was putting it in soil after it had a nice root system, probably the wrong soil.

Hey TheMarcusMark, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

So a first time in house grow attempt is working out fairly well for me.
I am a machinery repair tech and was wondering if anyone had an electronic ballast that stopped working that would like to ship it to me for repair.
just a thought, if it is just collecting dust, and it can be refurbished, why not ask for one.?.
If I get it working I will send it back and if you want I will return it if I can't fix it. If you don't want to do that, could someone please take it apart and send or post photos of the insides?

That sounds cool, but I think it would constitute a hook up, and would be a violation of the guidelines. The photo part would be okay. :thumb:

I'm in a money grubbing cop land and being quiet is the name of the game here in Ok. There are so many meth users which means a ton of DEA MJTF people running lose.

I would worry giving out your address for someone to send you a ballast on a cannabis forum might not be the best way to keep a low profile.

I do have questions about sealing the end of a cutting. Can or has anyone used paraffin wax like those who graft limbs as a seal for the cutting? I'm not at a place where I can afford to buy the gel and thought the wax would work. Any thoughts concerning sealing, about thirty years ago I was able to keep a cutting alive without doing that, it started flowering and made a small bud, and my mistake was putting it in soil after it had a nice root system, probably the wrong soil.

You don't want to seal the end at all, if you did that it would not root and could not draw any moisture in. The gel is a rooting hormone, not a sealant...although it will stop an air embolism from forming.

If you are growing in soil, I use the powdered rooting hormone that Home dePot sells for around $5 a bottle.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

You don't want to seal the end at all, if you did that it would not root and could not draw any moisture in. The gel is a rooting hormone, not a sealant...although it will stop an air embolism from forming.

If you are growing in soil, I use the powdered rooting hormone that Home dePot sells for around $5 a bottle.

Oh thank you for it has been just about twenty four hours with the ends sealed.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. I did cut about a quarter off the stem once I read your reply.

I'm glad I asked. Thanks for replying. I doubt I'll do much posting now there is a lot to read, but maybe I should since I'm quick to form my own theory.
Again Thanks
MM
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom