Old dog, new tricks

I’m an old dog learning new tricks. Of course like most, I want to harvest as much high quality as I possibly can. I’d like to learn how to get everything that I can get from each plant, meaning nothing wasted.
Welcome my friend, your in luck your neighbors are some of the most knowledgeable people this forum has to offer. Happy growing. :welcome:

Welcome to the party, Wayne! I'm an old dog too and believe me, there plenty of new tricks to be learned here.

Have fun! :Rasta:

It sure is! I’d like to know if my choice to buy Spider Farmer 4000 is a good choice.
There are a number of LED manufacturers that are also sponsors of this site. As I understand the 420 acceptable use policy, we are not supposed to reference or post photos of brand names of non sponsored LED light. I made this mistake on my first grow journal and had a photo taken down. Now when I post photos from that tent, I leave out the LED light.

I see your selection is optimized for a 5x5 tent. I think that is the most important factor. You want enough to more than enough light, I think.

I am very satisfied with the LED that was included in my 2x4 tent kit from GrowAce.com, though I would not recommend buying from them on the basis of poor customer service and faulty component return policy. Still, a good site for reference if tent kits are new to you.

After one grow in the 2x4 tent and some calculations, I determined that to meet my annual consumption needs would require one more 2x4 space. For that tent, I opted for a MARS LED based on recommendations from a good friend here on this site. I opted for the Mars TSL 2000, a Sponsored LED so we can talk about it :cheesygrinsmiley:

That LED and tent has been going a little over a week now. I set it to a 21 hour light cycle to raise 4 Autos and 1 photo period mother (Wappa). So far so good, I like that the light is white and not purple and the plants don't seem to mind.

Good luck in your grow, I think you have the advantage of being in a Golden Age for Home Growers. Coming here was a good move, there are a lot of people here with an abundance of experience who also love mentoring new growers.

There are a number of LED manufacturers that are also sponsors of this site. As I understand the 420 acceptable use policy, we are not supposed to reference or post photos of brand names of non sponsored LED light. I made this mistake on my first grow journal and had a photo taken down. Now when I post photos from that tent, I leave out the LED light.

I see your selection is optimized for a 5x5 tent. I think that is the most important factor. You want enough to more than enough light, I think.

I am very satisfied with the LED that was included in my 2x4 tent kit from GrowAce.com, though I would not recommend buying from them on the basis of poor customer service and faulty component return policy. Still, a good site for reference if tent kits are new to you.

After one grow in the 2x4 tent and some calculations, I determined that to meet my annual consumption needs would require one more 2x4 space. For that tent, I opted for a MARS LED based on recommendations from a good friend here on this site. I opted for the Mars TSL 2000, a Sponsored LED so we can talk about it :cheesygrinsmiley:

That LED and tent has been going a little over a week now. I set it to a 21 hour light cycle to raise 4 Autos and 1 photo period mother (Wappa). So far so good, I like that the light is white and not purple and the plants don't seem to mind.

Good luck in your grow, I think you have the advantage of being in a Golden Age for Home Growers. Coming here was a good move, there are a lot of people here with an abundance of experience who also love mentoring new growers.
Thank you. It’s a tough decision to make. My space is 5 1/2’ x 5 1/2’ x 8’ and I will line the top bottom and sides with white Mylar. The actual growing area in that space will be more like 4’x4’.

It sure is! I’d like to know if my choice to buy Spider Farmer 4000 is a good choice.
I run a SF 2000 and wouldn’t mind if it was a 4000. On my other side I have a GSC VS180 which is basically a SF but better light penetration. For the money you made a good choice. That’s if you don’t mind supporting China. I hate to say it but you are by buying SF. I believe there is a Mars Hydro that is a sponsor that’s equal in price and light received . Maybe even better. And if I read more I’m certain someone else has mentioned this. I felt like I should respond because I run a SF. Best of luck

I run a SF 2000 and wouldn’t mind if it was a 4000. On my other side I have a GSC VS180 which is basically a SF but better light penetration. For the money you made a good choice. That’s if you don’t mind supporting China. I hate to say it but you are by buying SF. I believe there is a Mars Hydro that is a sponsor that’s equal in price and light received . Maybe even better. And if I read more I’m certain someone else has mentioned this. I felt like I should respond because I run a SF. Best of luck
Mars is made in China too
Challenging to find anything else I think

Back
Top Bottom