Old Folks Busted for Getting Buzzed

Wilbur

Three residents of an assisted living center in Clifton were cited on drug charges after allegedly smoking marijuana.

Authorities said the manager of the Peachtree Assisted Living Facility called Mesa County sheriff's officials Thursday after smelling pot smoke inside the center.

Lt. Jim Fogg said that none of the three claimed to be using marijuana for medicinal purposes, and reportedly told deputies they just wanted to get high.
Click here to find out more!

"All indications were that it was just the recreational use of marijuana," he said.

Officers cited the men for possessing less than an ounce of marijuana and confiscated the drugs.

The names and ages of the men were not released released.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: TheDenverChannel.com
Pubdate: 1 December 2006
Copyright: 2006 TheDenverChannel.com
Contact: TheDenverChannel | 24/7 Local News, Weather And Sports For Denver, Colorado | 7NEWS - KMGH
Website: TheDenverChannel | 24/7 Local News, Weather And Sports For Denver, Colorado | 7NEWS - KMGH

Oh yeah no kidding ^^! The sweat was rolling down my cheek because I was soooooooo nervous of these DANGEROUS CRIMINALS!

Stupid fucking pig's make me sick.

what i'd like to see is a medmj old folks home. a place for old folks to live out their later years where they could grow their meds and take their meds. maybe hear some good music rather than the stuff usually provided for them in homes now. the baby boomers are gettin up there now and need to be taken care of in an atmosphere more in line with their world. if i had the bucks i'd go to a med friendly state and work on this idea. tis up for grabs if somebody wants to do it. just save me a space.

Thats a good idea User! I wish I could help out in some way. My state has no medical laws, and i'm only 18. My dads a baby boomber though... He doesnt smoke. Sorry man. But definetly good luck!

MBH

somebody is bound to do it eventually its such a good idea. i can just see the old folks with their walkers or in wheel chairs gently tending their gardens. the gentle sounds of the grateful dead in the back ground. the staff in their tyedied lab coats and scrubs trying to keep the mucnhies under control. "have you vaporized your meds today mr. smith"?

Tommy Chong is 70 now. Maybe he could be the first resident.

One reason I am 100% confident we'll see cannabis legalized as medicine in the very near future is because the baby boomers are getting older. So enough of them will be sick or scared of being sick and will demand it. No doubt in my mind. And what the baby boomers really want, the baby boomers get.

Pythaglio said:
Tommy Chong is 70 now. Maybe he could be the first resident.

One reason I am 100% confident we'll see cannabis legalized as medicine in the very near future is because the baby boomers are getting older. So enough of them will be sick or scared of being sick and will demand it. No doubt in my mind. And what the baby boomers really want, the baby boomers get.

if it was only true. :cheesygrinsmiley:

you yungins need to take control. get out in the streets. pick up the ball we dropped. fuck us old folks all stuck in our ways. make the future, its yours now. we'll all be dead and things will still be fucked up. its up to you. i know you guys can do it.

Five to one, baby, one in five,
No one here gets out alive,
Now you get yours, baby, I'll get mine,
Gonna make it, baby, it we try

The old get old and the young get stronger,
May take a week and it may take longer,
They got the guns but we got the numbers
Gonna win, yeh, we're takin' over, come on

Your ballroom days are over, baby,
Night is drawing near,
Shadows of the evening grow across the year
You walk across the floor with a flower in your hand,
Trying to tell me no one understands,
Trading your house for a handful of dimes
Gonna make it, baby, in our prime
Get together one more time
Get together one more time

User said:
what i'd like to see is a medmj old folks home. a place for old folks to live out their later years where they could grow their meds and take their meds. maybe hear some good music rather than the stuff usually provided for them in homes now. the baby boomers are gettin up there now and need to be taken care of in an atmosphere more in line with their world. if i had the bucks i'd go to a med friendly state and work on this idea. tis up for grabs if somebody wants to do it. just save me a space.
HolyGrandad.gif

I would absolutely at this very minute invest/run one. Hell I already run 12 assisted living houses. I think that sounds like a hell of an idea. I will be researching this.

Well chonicgirl and I have been debating opening a B&B that is MJ freindly after we move to Canada or Alaska. This could be even better. I am a staunch beilever in "you can tell a lot about a society by seeing the way the care for the elderly and sick" This sounds like a very good idea. I acutally just recently learned that my grandparents have there MMJ recomendations. I have never been prouder. However it was a bit surprising to go into there RV a couple days after thanksgiving and seeing a very nice Jar of Canabis one of the old timers in there winter RV park grows. Grandpa told me his back has never felt better and he sleeps like a baby. Grandma told me that she feels like she gets 1000 more things done in a day since she feels no arthitis pain. I felt like crying, instead we skinned up a J and got blasted on there homegrown... I am trying to talk them into growing.

You can't reasonably say a prediction of the future is untrue. Unless you're saying I'm lying about my prediction, which you have no basis to do. You may have a different prediction, buit only time will tell which is correct. I stand by my prediction that once enough baby boomers get to experience their parents dying and getting sick themselves, medical access will be legal in short order.

BTW, I'm at the tail end, but I am a baby boomer. Watched my dad die of alzheimer's. You don't know how fucking pissed I am that this goddam drug war prevented research that would have made his last years more tolerable. I must say I would have fed him cookies had I had a clue.

^ my words "if it were only true" were more of a wish than a statement against your prediction. depends on the tone of voice read into it. i'm a baby boomer and very seldom do i get what i want. the power brokers get what they want.

i hope your right.

i'm pissed too.

You can't reasonably say a prediction of the future is untrue. Unless you're saying I'm lying about my prediction, which you have no basis to do.
seems like a bit of a strong reaction to my post.

Back
Top Bottom