Old fuggers club

Jackalope

Been here a while and have noticed more and more older growers. Time to start a old fuggers club. While there is a lot knowledge in the under 50 crowd they are still obnoxious LMAO. My dream is a place where old, grouchy, and set in your ways is excepted.

Been here a while and have noticed more and more older growers. Time to start a old fuckers club. While there is a lot knowledge in the under 50 crowd they are still obnoxious LMAO. My dream is a place where old, grouchy, and set in your ways is excepted.
I'm 34 ..does that get in to the old man's cave?

Didn't think so .It would be a waste of time trying to change and convince a bunch of old ppl that what they thought for decades was bullshit and in a contest a younger grower would blow them out of the water in every aspect of growing. Thanks anyway though...

THE GFP lol

.It would be a waste of time trying to change and convince a bunch of old ppl that what they thought for decades was bullshit and in a contest a younger grower would blow them out of the water in every aspect of growing.

Generalize much? Lots of pretty sweet looking buds in the contests section here from folks of all ages and experience levels (and all over the Forums besides the contests section for that matter). Though all your gallery uploads do blow everyone out of the water ;)

Generalize much? Lots of pretty sweet looking buds in the contests section here from folks of all ages and experience levels (and all over the Forums besides the contests section for that matter). Though all your gallery uploads do blow everyone out of the water ;)
then join the club of old ppl then Dude. When i do decide to post..you will know.trust me on that..lol for the time being I'm just archiving the scenery around here until it's done .

Well that got some response LOL. After hours of tears because younger growers can out do me in every aspect of growing. I have made a life decision..... YEP still growing LMAO. Thanks for the thread Dwight I will check it out.

Didn't think so .It would be a waste of time trying to change and convince a bunch of old ppl that what they thought for decades was bullshit and in a contest a younger grower would blow them out of the water in every aspect of growing. Thanks anyway though...

THE GFP lol
You'll probably change your tune in 25 years :rofl:

then join the club of old ppl then Dude. When i do decide to post..you will know.trust me on that..lol for the time being I'm just archiving the scenery around here until it's done .

Ahh Yes..how to win friends and influence people...good luck with that...:rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

oh trust me I'm not trying to win friends here . my list is full for now...thanks though for the offer..I'll let you know when a space opens up.

GFP
Just curious. Why are you here then? :thedoubletake:

Hello, I'm old as fuck. Excuse me, my graham cracker just fell into my earl grey and ruined my day. I'm gonna go sulk now.
Here, have a chocolate chip canna-cookie, that should cheer you up :yummy:

IMG_287411.JPG

I'm 34 ..does that get in to the old man's cave?

Aww, lol. I've been called an old fart since I was in my 20s. Except for when Dad was still alive and we happened to be together (he was THE Old Fart ;) ).

in a contest a younger grower would blow them out of the water in every aspect of growing.

LMFAO. Whether or not someone is open to trying new things is determined by a lot more than just age. OtOH, gullibility appears to be a trait that is almost exclusive to the young ;) . (Other than the willingness to trust a stranger, which - sadly - seems to cost the elderly greatly every year. But that's more a statement about the deplorable number of thieves in the world than anything else.)

Most old fart cannabis growers have been around the block enough times that they've tried - and discarded - many methods that the kids are still learning about for the first time (and, often, deciding must be the best thing in the universe - because they haven't the experience to know better at that point). There does seem to be a bit of a resistance, or perhaps it is more proper to call it a "wait and see" attitude when it comes to new technology. But these people tend to know the value of a dollar, lol, and do not always see the appeal of spending their money on something that might work better. Besides, lol, having been around a while, they've probably seen many people jump on the first shiny thing they saw... and end up regretting it. Look at the first couple of generations of LED grow light panels. For that matter, look at many of the crappy generic ones that are in the market NOW :rolleyes3 .

Old people have learned to but what they need. Many of them, if not alive during the Great Depression, had the benefit of growing up in households in which their parents were alive - and trying to find work, and food - during it. This may be why there aren't too many of them lining up to buy this month's latest and greatest $600-$800 cell phone :rolleyes3 . But I digress...

Sure, lots of older folks are stubborn as a mule. But a little investigation would generally show that those people were stubborn as a mule... when they were still in diapers.

You mentioned contests. We do have the Plant of the Month contest here. And I've seen some pretty wrinkled hands in the same photo with pretty amazing looking plants. Which is not to say that there's a direct correlation between age and quality of the grow, because I've seen youngish-looking hands (feet, whatever) in pictures showing great grows, too. The two sets of data don't really have a direct relationship one way or the other. Although... The first >1 gram per watt (1.03) HID harvest I ever saw was grown by a 61-year old man. Go figure, huh?

Well... Someone else could probably have said the same thing using half as many words. But thank you.

Them old folks ramble on all the durn time ;) :rofl: but I can't talk as I get a senior discount at some places starting on Sunday :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom