Old Guy New Grow Looking For Guidance

KodiakKid

Hi everyone. I'm a first time grower in the Portland Oregon area. I'm excited to grow cannabis for the first time. I am a long time 60 year old dedicated mostly organic vegetable grower. I love growing and have enjoyed having a first time cannabis garden. I am about 9 weeks in with four gorgeous girls green and growing. It has been a challenge getting this far, but I am hoping to get some help as we are getting into flower soon, I hope. I have no idea what I am doing going forward.

I have two in the ground. One is a freebie which to me is an obvious sativa. It is a leggy girl about 5.5 feet tall. The second in the ground also in the first picture is a Kava Gold about 4.5 feet tall and that much across. She has fan leaves the size of a dinner plate almost.

The other two are in 8 gallon containers. The same age. Both are Kava Gold. One is close to 3.5 feet tall. The other about 3 feet.

I am using Botanicare nutes. Every other watering. All are needing water about 3-4 days. Can someone tell me what I need to do going forward. I am still using Grow nutes. Should I change to Bloom? My main issue is how much to feed the ones in the ground. I am putting 2-3 gallons hand water with nutes and supplementing water with sprinkler. The both seem like they need more nutes, but I don't know.

I have a journal now. Please follow me and post any comments here. I would love some support. I want to bring these girls to maturity with success. But I am nervous now. Link to journal: First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

In the ground....

IMG_017945.JPG

Containers:

IMG_021543.JPG

My 2 cents for what it worth, lol (which isnt worth the 2 cents you paid for) it almost looks like they are getting over watered ( the outdoor ones) and the other ones look they are already into the flower stage. ( maybe its the picture but if those are white hairs popping out she is trying to flower.)

As Juan said switch from the grow nutes to the bloom nutes but do it in a moderate way. ( a little less here and a little more there.)

I'm a first timer myself and just going on what I have been doing so I'm no expert.

I may be completely missing it, but I don't see any flowers, so I would say they are still in veg at this time. The white hairs you are seeing I believe are preflowers.

Juan Carlos, I didn't mean to say they were flowering. Just that they were moving that way. They have preflowers to with the hairs so I know they are female, but they are not flowering yet but I think they will soon. So I am continuing with grow nutes, but I have now idea as a newbie when I should switch nutes. So no you are not missing it. I just need you to tell me how they look and to chill. And tell me how many gallons of water with nutes I should give those ones in the ground when they need water.

Rockskipper, the temps here are hot. Global warming hot. I brought my seedlings through 100 degree temperatures outside. Now every day has been 85 to 95 for three weeks or more. Looking forward to 85 or more for the next 10 days. And the girls seem to love it. We've never seen a summer this hot in Portland before. So that is why I went into it with a strain known to do well in cool maritime climates like this one.

I was actually referring to Rockskipper's comment. I would switch nutes when they are getting 12 hours of darkness or when you start seeing buds forming, whichever occurs first.

Back
Top Bottom