Old guy newby, gonna need lots of help

Two more questions please...

The smaller 190cfm fan/filter would save $45 ($72 vs $117) It looks to me like it would be enough for just this one cabinet, do you agree with that?

Could someone tell me how many shelves and at what height they should be? I have not been able to find any plans (which would helpful.)

Two more questions please...

The smaller 190cfm fan/filter would save $45 ($72 vs $117) It looks to me like it would be enough for just this one cabinet, do you agree with that?

Could someone tell me how many shelves and at what height they should be? I have not been able to find any plans (which would helpful.)

That fan would be perfect. I would not put in shelves. your light will be on a yoyo hanger and you lower and raise it above the floor of your cabinet:peace:

That fan would be perfect. I would not put in shelves. your light will be on a yoyo hanger and you lower and raise it above the floor of your cabinet:peace:

Supergroomer, thank you for all of your help. I'll get everything ordered, I look forward to getting this setup.

I was all set to order the 4" 190 CFM combo unit from Growace.com for $72, but it added on another $21 for shipping. Any way around that, or other places that them?

a grow tent would probably be a ergonomic way to go for you ,all you need is the hardware
fully milar lined,light proof,plenty of cooling vents and just make things simple from the start. :)

I already have a change of plans, but it is for the better!
I have a larger indoor area with door and lock. It is 3.5` X 5', so that changes my dynamics.....
I have the Mars Hydro LED 96x3 in route, along with the GrowAse 440 fan/filter combo (Fortunately at the last minute I decided to get the bigger one. ) I think that 440 should take care of the increased floor area just fine, but what will I need for more light (assuming I need more.) Do I stay with LED, and if so, how much more? Or, I should get a different kind of light for some..... If so, what kind and how much? Not sure if you should stay consistent or if different types might be advantageous. OK, and in a previous post it was suggested that I grow two plants for the smaller space. How many wound this bigger area hold (still thinking the SCROG system... Agreed?

Thanks.

Mars hydro still 96X3?
FYI-last weekend I ordered the 96x3 and specically asked if it was the 96x3 or 96x5 and was told it is still the. 96x3.

I already have a change of plans, but it is for the better!
I have a larger indoor area with door and lock. It is 3.5` X 5', so that changes my dynamics.....
I have the Mars Hydro LED 96x3 in route, along with the GrowAse 440 fan/filter combo (Fortunately at the last minute I decided to get the bigger one. ) I think that 440 should take care of the increased floor area just fine, but what will I need for more light (assuming I need more.) Do I stay with LED, and if so, how much more? Or, I should get a different kind of light for some..... If so, what kind and how much? Not sure if you should stay consistent or if different types might be advantageous. OK, and in a previous post it was suggested that I grow two plants for the smaller space. How many wound this bigger area hold (still thinking the SCROG system... Agreed?

Thanks.

I am glad you got the bigger fan. You should be good. I can fit 4 plants in my flower tent which is 3'3"x3'3". I would say you could comfortably do 6. Why don't you start with the 96x3(5) for your vegging. Even with 6 the plants will be small for a while. After you get things going, add another 96x3(5) for a fuller coverage for later veg and flower. :peace:

I am glad you got the bigger fan. You should be good. I can fit 4 plants in my flower tent which is 3'3"x3'3". I would say you could comfortably do 6. Why don't you start with the 96x3(5) for your vegging. Even with 6 the plants will be small for a while. After you get things going, add another 96x3(5) for a fuller coverage for later veg and flower. :peace:
I am in the USA. I think the person that told me via email was Cherry or Sherri... Can't remember for sure.

Thanks supergroomer, now for my next round of questions (leaning towards SCROG).....
1. if I do raise 6 plants my first grow, can I pretty well mix and match any strains as long as they get started at the same time, or should I try to stick with just one or two being it's my first grow?
2. what type and size of pot should I get?
3. what medium (or mixtures) should I get for my first grow, and is it reusable or do you get new for each grow?

Thanks supergroomer, now for my next round of questions (leaning towards SCROG).....
1. if I do raise 6 plants my first grow, can I pretty well mix and match any strains as long as they get started at the same time, or should I try to stick with just one or two being it's my first grow?
2. what type and size of pot should I get?
3. what medium (or mixtures) should I get for my first grow, and is it reusable or do you get new for each grow?

I do not scrog. Different strains mature at different times. You may have a Sativa strain that needs 80 days to flower or a fast indica strain like ak48 that is done in 47 or 48 days. I try to run a perpetual garden where there is always something in veg and in different phases of flower. Right now I have 4 plants in my 3x3 tent and they are filling it up. 1 should be ready in another week or so and the others will be 2-4 more weeks.

Pot size is up to you. There is the old saying "The bigger the root the bigger the fruit" I think this is true. I have mostly used 2 gal pots in the past. My Blue Blood is in a 3 gal pot is is substantially bigger then my others. I am starting to put all my flowering plants in 3 gallon. Your larger space, you could easily go with 5 gallon pots.

For me, the mixture I use is 1 Part Fox Farms Ocean Forest (FFOF) 1 Part Promix BX and 1 Part Perlite. I used the FFOF striaght the first time and it was too hot for the small plants. Mixing is has work great. I do try to reuse what I can. After I chop a plant, I shake as much of the dirt out of the root ball as possible. It is a good Idea to flush the used dirt to get your excess Nutes out (especially since this dirt has "flower" nutes in it and you are probably going back to veg).

Here are a couple pics from my flower tent and my Blue Blood. She is getting so heavy she is starting to flop over. :peace:

20150709_072955_resized.jpg
20150709_072951_resized.jpg
20150708_153504_resized.jpg
20150708_153513_resized.jpg
20150708_153522_resized.jpg
20150708_153254_resized.jpg

Is there a guide that would tell me what plants are done vegging about the same time and could therefore be grown together? I would like to get a little variety in there if possible. Maybe I should forget the SCROG method for now. You mention that you have a perpetual grow. Wouldn't that mean that I would have to have another room so that one could be lit all the time and another would have lights on and off, or would it be sufficient to have a curtain/blanket that could be let down separating the two areas, or do you need complete darkness?

Is there a guide that would tell me what plants are done vegging about the same time and could therefore be grown together? I would like to get a little variety in there if possible. Maybe I should forget the SCROG method for now. You mention that you have a perpetual grow. Wouldn't that mean that I would have to have another room so that one could be lit all the time and another would have lights on and off, or would it be sufficient to have a curtain/blanket that could be let down separating the two areas, or do you need complete darkness?

You really need complete darkness. I have 2 tents side be side with my one fan "T"ed between the 2 tents. I have my cloner and smaller veg plants in one tent under the 2 400s and the flower tent under my 900. I get most of my beans from Herbies (a sponcer) If you go to their website look at their "most popular" strains or their "strongest" strains. When you look at the individual seeds they will tell you size and flower time as well as THC/CBD content.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom