Old Rapid Rooter plugs

Li Siu Loong

A friend of mine gave me some Rapid Rooter plugs. The only problem is they are old and dried out. Is it possible for me to soak them and use them anyway ?

Thanks and peace...:peace:

Boil them ? Ok...I'll give it a shot.

Thank you...and peace:peace:

I've heard you can sterilize used potting soil by by putting it in a black plastic bag. Moisten the soil (or rapid rooters in this case) and seal the bag. Let it sit in a sunny spot for two weeks and it should be free of the pests. Basically, any little critters will die at temps above 140 F. Sounds like these have never been used though, So think it's fine just to soak 'em and go.

I've heard you can sterilize used potting soil by by putting it in a black plastic bag. Moisten the soil (or rapid rooters in this case) and seal the bag. Let it sit in a sunny spot for two weeks and it should be free of the pests. Basically, any little critters will die at temps above 140 F. Sounds like these have never been used though, So think it's fine just to soak 'em and go.

Nope...never been used. Just sitting in a bag in one of my drawers. Thank you for the advice.

Have a safe and green week...:peace:

I changed my mind on this one Li. Those plug start out wet an then the dried on you. I think will have some mold spores in them. They are too cheap to bother with. get some new ones.

I changed my mind on this one Li. Those plug start out wet an then the dried on you. I think will have some mold spores in them. They are too cheap to bother with. get some new ones.

Cool brother...thanks. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom