old seeds, will they grow?

kevin92

hey guys, i picked some seeds outta some weed a few days ago, and planted them.

Any chance of it growing...I just thought "hey maybe it'll work"
What do you think?

Did you just put them straight into soil?
While they might grow no one can really say,you would have been better trying to germinate them using the paper towel method rather than soil.

When I first started growing, I was using bagseed that had been collected over the last 3 to 4 years, and who knew how old they might have been from that point. . Never had any problems. . they grew fine. . Germination makes it easier than waiting to see if your seed is growing or not. . . a lot of peps end up getting impatient and start looking for their seed in the soil and end up destroying anything that might be happening. This is why when I use seeds, I germinate them. :peace:

Bagz

Well, I have around 10 seeds, so if this one sprouts, I'll germinate the rest before planting.

Hopefully this one will grow, I'll post again soon to tell if it works.

So I tried germinating with some flower seeds, just to make sure I was doing it right, and I think I did.

If it's right I will do the same with the other seeds.

I just want to make sure I did it right. I put paper towel in between 2 plates on top of each other and the seeds in between the paper towel, and I had made the paper towel wet before hand, and every 12 hours I've sprayed it with water to keep it moist?

Can somebody confirm that is a good way to do it?

just make sure you dont soak the paper towels. keep them moist and in a dark cool place. bagseeds are pretty cheap, sometimes free (ask friends), just use them

Okay, so I planted 1 in a pot, and was wondering if the lights I have will work for the early stages of growth, before I transplant.

I have 2 standard fluorescent bulbs similair to what you would find in business's. The pots are about 3 inches away from the light, so that would be fine.

Also, about that lighting, should I be leaving the cover on, or take it off so the bulbs are directly open to the pots?

Back
Top Bottom