Old Timer New Member

Greetings. I'm 68 and retired. Somehow landed here and found a mellow, friendly forum. I've not joined any before, just read across all forums when doing a search for info/topic. I got a kick of how hostile and heated some threads are and thought they could use more of the herb they were arguing about. Strain and breeder threads were especially wild.

I first enjoyed cannabis in 1967 and planted my 1st seed 4 months later. That was hardly necessary considering good quality bags (then called lids) were $8-10 and premium at $15-20. Most were content to use and enjoy it. A few of us right away wanted to try and grow it. I guess it's still the same, but it's good to be among so many other growers. I'm glad to see the scary, secretive, paranoia inducing vibes of growing our plant fading away. I am really enjoying the enthusiasm and zeal of the new/1st time growers here. Everyone actually.

I've mainly been an outdoor grower. Tried a "grow light" in 1968 that was worthless. I use T5's in several ways. I got interested in LED lighting 4 years ago. Watched its development and recently got one. Now there seem to be many good ones. Too bad I didn't find 420 and its LED sponsors sooner as I've seen some great LED grows since joining. With the new LED I'm in my 1st grow. Now 20 days after switch to 12/12.

Strainwise, I am a sativa fan and a Chem family freak. I grow organic and keep trying to get even more organic. But I respect and am interested in all growing styles and techniques. So this is a good place for me. The more I learn reminds me of little I know. What little I've learned, I am happy to share.

IMG_058229.JPG

Hello brightlight! I'm a sativa fan, too. Look forward to learning from you.
Lot of other old-timers like us over on the Over-50 Club thread.

:welcome: brightlight :high-five: try this :passitleft: you chose the best site to learn,

share and most importantly (to me), laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends. Great plant!! :bravo:

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,

share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or

participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some

unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

Hello brightlight! I'm a sativa fan, too. Look forward to learning from you.
Lot of other old-timers like us over on the Over-50 Club thread.

Thanks SNS. Joined the Over 50 thread. Trying to read it from beginning so it may take me awhile to catch up. Have a couple of new (not grown before) sativas for outside this yr., Jamaican OG, Sage N Sour, GSHC. Last one has me excited - GSC x SSSDH (personal favorite haze).

We want to :welcome: brightlight to :420:. We are glad that you are here. Your girls look lovely. We are family here. In other places there is a lot of tension among the members. The reason that we like it here is it is moderated quite well. The mods here do a fantastic job of keeping everyone on an even keel. We are all happy to be here. Growing is supposed to be fun and relaxing. I grow for fun and meds. I am an old guy. We have the over 50 club (link in my signature) where a bunch of us old farts hang out. You should stop in and say hi to the gang.

Here New Member Start Links is a link to some other threads that you may find of interest. The wife and I are activists and we love to cook with cannabis. Look around and if you have any questions then Frequently Asked Questions is a good place to look for answers or to ask questions. :peace: :Namaste:

Greeting brightlight.

Once you get a little comfy or a little more bored, go ahead and start a grow log - it's a great way to get and give advice.

I look forward to seeing you around the grow threads :)

Thank you, but since my led isn't a sponsored light, the rules don't allow me to do a grow journal. But I think it's ok for me to post a few pics on progress and end results now and then.

Thanks SNS. Joined the Over 50 thread. Trying to read it from beginning so it may take me awhile to catch up. Have a couple of new (not grown before) sativas for outside this yr., Jamaican OG, Sage N Sour, GSHC. Last one has me excited - GSC x SSSDH (personal favorite haze).

I read every post in the over 50 thread. I started when they had about 300 pages. It took me a few weeks to catch up and read all the posts. :rofl:

Thank you, but since my led isn't a sponsored light, the rules don't allow me to do a grow journal. But I think it's ok for me to post a few pics on progress and end results now and then.

You can post a journal on here. What you are not allowed to do is advertise for a non-sponsored led. Feel free to mention it, but don't put in any links to their web site. I would love to watch your journal. I am never to old to learn new things from my peers. I hope that your weekend is going well my friend. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom