Old Trim & Shake

TLC

Hey all. I discovered a bucket of trim from last years harvest. I always make hash shortly after harvest but this bucket was put away in the garage accidentally.
It’s had a summer of hot temperatures in the garage. Would it be worth using for hash or has likely lost it’s potency by now?

I think I read something somewhere (READ: I don’t know what I’m talking about lol) that heat and light break down the psychoactive components of THC-9 over time. Garages are famous for H&H: heat and humidity, so I would try a small sample run (especially if extraction costs anything in time or treasure) and give it a whirl, because as a wise person said approximately 11 minutes ago “some is better than none” (that needs to be on a t-shirt).

Thanks. I read about heat somewhere too and I figured it likely got to 100+ degrees a few times this summer. (it’s actually an attic in the garage).
Stayed in covered bucket, still smells good.

I’ll give it a shot.

Hi, I have a couple of questions;
1. I need to convert my bud to hash. Do you think I'd be better off letting it dry more and then sift it dry or do you think a bubble hash would be better? Humidity of but is 62%
2. I plan on making bubble hash on my next grow. Generally I trim the bud then freeze the trim. When I'm ready, I make bubble with it. French says that when you put it in the water that is should be easy to break up. If it is pliable, that's not good.
3. French also does not use a 220 bag when he washes the trim. He said too much (trichomes) sticks to the bag. What do you guys think? I get it about the clogging the hose etc.

Give the dry sift a try, then do bubble the next time, see what you like best. I've done bubble hash a dozen times, never done dry sift, but I will try it some day. Freezing prior to making bubble is a must, also use lot's of ice, you need low temps so the trichromes don't melt. Don't use a high speed mixer, it pulverizes the bud and adds a "lawn clippings" smell. Slow steady mixing, even with a mixer, is fine. I run mine through the bags twice, and get an extra 50%. My bubble set-up uses 8 sizes of bags, from 220 down to 25. The best full melt is the 120, 90, 73, and 43. The 2 piles on the left is the 190, and 160,I normally toss that or grind it up and put it in with my bud.

IMG_1126.JPG

bubble or dry,, same stuff,, dry is pure powder,, bubble is clumped

same stuff,, all good, every bit,,

i am awash in this all right now,, glorious indeed

so much flavour and pleasure,,

karma sent

1. I need to convert my bud to hash. Do you think I'd be better off letting it dry more and then sift it dry or do you think a bubble hash would be better? Humidity of but is 62%
2. I plan on making bubble hash on my next grow. Generally I trim the bud then freeze the trim. When I'm ready, I make bubble with it. French says that when you put it in the water that is should be easy to break up. If it is pliable, that's not good.
3. French also does not use a 220 bag when he washes the trim. He said too much (trichomes) sticks to the bag. What do you guys think? I get it about the clogging the hose etc.

i might suggest dry is best, but cold is most important

i breaks up just fine in the bubble bags,, trim and popcorn buds at the biggest only

220 is mandatory,, removes all the veg matter,, whatcho talkin bout willis??

Yikes! I heard Frenchy wrong. In his video he says, "If it's pliable, then you're good." Because he was shaking his head when he said that, I heard,"If it's pliable, that's no good." I had to listen a few times before I could hear it right. What a relief! I thought he had contradicted himself.

Back
Top Bottom