Oldbear's 8 Month Outdoor Grow Space In A Northern Climate

Did you harvest yet? Looking good! I am in Oregon. Not as far north as you but this time of years can be a bit stressful waiting on these girls. About the green seeds...I think seeds need like 5 weeks after pollination before they are ripe. I pollinate lower branches and can leave them attached to the stalk if I have to take the plant before they are ready.

Cheers,

The summer grow iS coming to an end

In spite of my rookie mistakes and a cranky Mother Nature there is a harvest

Everything is trimmed and curing. Consumption is ongoing since some were harvested early.

I made some oil out of about half of the trimmings it’s quite good. The other half will be my first topical attempt.

I ended up with a half cup of oil

It’s a lovely golden brown colour and tastes great. Nutty not skunky.

There is quite a story that goes with this pic of this little lady.

She was forgotten on the fridge in her paper towel cocoon. Tap root was about 2 inches long when the 'gardener' returned home. Planted in some soil in a solo to she if she would develop. After a few days as a 1 node shrimpy she started to grow a bit. Then the dog stepped on it.

I parked her in a pile of compost to see if she would survive. She did well unwatered for a week or so and sprouted up to about 8 inches.

And then this happened:

The poor thing has been main lined, super cropped, topped , Fim'd anything else that can be done to a plant. Could be the groundhog and her cute little babies. Or a deer.

So replanted again into a pot for safe keeping on the porch away from critters (I hope). She's tenacious and feisty. More photos to come if she develops well. I'll treat her like a reveg.

Though I would complete the story on this girl. She grew lots of leaves and eventually bud sites and buds. What was interesting was that everything was miniature size - fan leaves, sugar leaves, flowers all about half size.

I collected enough from her to have made finishing the poor chewed thing worthwhile. Despite the tough start, she eventually caught up with the other plants by the time it was finished.

An update on the financials aspects ...

Counting seeds, pots, soil, and organic nutrients, Ive invested about $150 cdn in this outside grow.

I've harvested easily over 100 grams of buds, maybe 40 grams of dried trimmings, and about 30 seeds.

Based on an average of say $10/g buying the flowers, Im well ahead on the cost/return equation. The rest is a big bonus.

The biggest plus is I know there are no pesticides, and the smell and cannabinoid levels (based on visual inspection of the trichomes) is much better than purchased products from the sources available to me.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom