Oldbear's Latest Experiment: Cannberries, Cannachews, Budlette Berries Or Whatever

Hi sweet sue sorry for the delay in responding..

The latest batch was in a dark jar and cooked in the full sun three times. They were left open overnight after each time.

Heating pulled a lot of moisture out of the buds.

They are pretty much all dry now. They have a different smell and taste than originally. I don't know if that is some degree of fermentatiion. I'm letting then sit and cure for a while.

I've noticed an effect I call terpine burn. The closer to harvest, the stronger the burn. I'm hoping that a longer cure will minimize this. It irritates the mouth and the stomach mildly.

I need to get the vac seal machine here - can't do it at home because of the smell and mdw's bad reaction.

More to come....

I chopped one of the NLa's yesterday It's drying in the shed for a couple days.

I'm going to try something new for me. I'm going to pop a few buds and leaves into a little jar and run the full decarb and infusion process. They will be untouched other than the dry. No grinding or crumbling.

The test is to confirm I can pull the crystals off of the plant material. Or not...

I chopped one of the NLa's yesterday It's drying in the shed for a couple days.

I'm going to try something new for me. I'm going to pop a few buds and leaves into a little jar and run the full decarb and infusion process. They will be untouched other than the dry. No grinding or crumbling.

The test is to confirm I can pull the crystals off of the plant material. Or not...

How would you be removing the trichomes and their valuable contents Oldbear. You confused me with “...pull crystals off of the plant material.”

Oh... you mean you want to see if you’re getting enough for effect without grinding? I’d think a nice, long infusions would be best, with some occasional agitation. Or is your intent minimal disruption of the plant material?

I love your experimental nature. :hug:

Yes that's it Sue. I like the suggestion of long infusion with agitation. The trichomes (crystals) should melt off. Well that's the theory. Also I won't need to strain them.

I think I will grind them after first infusion and use them for all sorts of things.

Yes that's it Sue. I like the suggestion of long infusion with agitation. The trichomes (crystals) should melt off. Well that's the theory. Also I won't need to strain them.

I think I will grind them after first infusion and use them for all sorts of things.

I’ve been wondering if I could blend the mash with a small amount of oil to get it to suck up into a syringe, but I suspect I’d pull up mostly uninfused oil. Lol! I think I’ll keep eating it by the capsule. It’s a pain to load but I only take two a day. I have enough for a year or so for me. Lol!

News bulletin Live from Oldbear's Cannabis Kitchen.

Here's what I have done:

Snipped a couple of buds off a Northern Lights auto
Did a light trim
In the 1 cup measuring cup with 50 ml olive oil. Loose fitting cover.
Popped in the oven @ 220F

Im giving it a stir after each hour. It's bubbling like crazy which I hope is decarb in action but of course it will be boiling off some of the water. These guys were off the plant for 10 minutes.

Now that's fresh harvest lol

This is based on a theory that most of the cannabinoids are on the plant material and not in the plant material. I'm trying to decarb and infuse that into the olive oil. A lot of the methods out there relate to getting buds ready for smoking. I don't do that. So hopefully this easy and fast method will get me a good edible oil.

All the leftovers will get consumed in any case.

These experiments have created a pondering. Using cannabis as a vegetable what time and temperature gives me a good nutrient take up into the oil. That’s if it happens at all. Hmmmmm

Interesting Plants had stopped producing new pistols. Last 2 nights have been much cooler. They started Producing them again.
I guess Mother Earth sent a summers over girls message

Cool stuff old bear. Hey I’m getting ready to Cob some blue Dream in the next couple days probably. Would you want me to try to ferment a couple small cannaberries and see how they turn out?

Oh yes please that would be great.
Sure thing. I’ll record the weight before and after in case people may be interested in having an end product at a certain dose. They will know how much to start with.

I’ve started my first batch Oldbear.

They’re drying over the qbs.

Thank you for the inspiration. I’ll keep you updated. :hug:

I didn’t try to make them any particular size, just used what was there. I figured they won’t matter much as to dosage, being acid cannabinoids. They’re really meant to be snacks. :battingeyelashes:

I have some decarbing to see how much effect I can expect, should I choose to go that route. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom