OldMed Man's Air Pots and a Perpetual Grow

no prob hempster. jus thought those aero-pots were fairly chill, ahhh so you can have "closed " threads or whatever and not have others gang in on it? ... thats chill take care

Very Nice,
I like those outdoor black plastic pyramid things, i saw them recently at the new hydro store in my area. What do you think of Reserva Privadas genetics lith the Cole train?.....i was going to purchase next time around some Privada genetics...mainly the Tora Bora, and Sour Kush/Head band. what do you think?... i love the look of the DNA genetics breed of RECON...looks amazing..well that pheno anyhow, as well as Kush berry which i boght a single sed of on my last order... its already 14 CM high and i tied her down shes (fem) as well... good luck BTW. i recently (2 months ago, had ordered and recieved Berry Bomb *Bomb seeds*, THC Bomb *bomb seeds*, both X5 Fem.

as well as X10 TGA Subcools PLUSH BERRY, which are amazing looking and smelling already at 10 CM. i figured id start the freebies with them as well which were TGA Dairy Queens X2. and X2 Dina fems BLUE Widows. and for the FIRST time, i had sprouted a Fruit Automatic.... Fem...ill tell you what i was VERY Surprised when it came down to me checking to water ewverything in the morning at 2 n 1/2 weeks and the fruit auto had white hairs all over it! wierd... no Veg cycle. anyhow, i believe in the near future whenever i order or a good rule to go by always buy a single seed or a pack (depending on money) and purchase AUTO's feminized stones cuz then youll have an idea as what to do with your garden how to arrange it indoors/outdoors and also itll keep you somewhat occupied with what to expect from the otehrs that are just fem or regular. as well as what to whatch out for in case any Males show up in the (regs) ....

either way i think auto-Fem's are pretty nifty.... not the ideal thing id personally wanna grow or collect in my garden in or out but still kinda nice to see before everythign else starts to take off. I mainly started the freebies and the auto to PRactice my Tie-down techniques too...which will then be Honed to slight perfection once i get a crack at the 10CM bushes.

Hey Buddy...here is a link to them...watch the videos..will tell you all you need to know.....sorry I was very busy yesterday!

Have fun.;)

those are deff some wild pots, id imagine they dont retain water for more then an hour??

Hello Everyone and Welcome to My 4th Grow!

This 4th grow is a continuing effort to learn to more about my favorite hobby, growing mmj. Hopefully all of us can pick up some helpful ways to do things better. Please, all of you tuned into this grow I hope you pick up some useful info and If you spot me doing something totally wrong will you please chime in and tell me what I am doing wrong and tell me what I should be doing to make things better.

Now let us get into the nuts and bolts.

A little side note here. Here in Hawaii the mmj laws are not the same for all islands, each one has different rules. I live on the Island of Oahu on the windward side, so I get lots of rain and high winds. I am a care giver for one person and I can have a total of 12 plants. 6 real giants, say from 8 to 12 feet tall and 6 smaller ones up to say 5 or 6 feet tall. There has been no word about clones or new spouts, so that part is hazy at best. Determining sex is not mentioned at all, so I am probably pushing things a bit.
At the moment I have 17 plants germng and 2 in Bloom. All of my seeds are female.

I should be telling you all the following Information according to 420's Forum guidelines.

Is it Indicia, Sativa , What SeedBank

The two in bloom now.

1 Lucy an unknown Sativa

1 Mazar Kush — Indica - World of Seeds

The following are in veg.

1 Big Budda Cheese - Mostly Indica — Big Buddha

2 Cole Train — Hybrid — Reserva Privada

1 Moby Dick Sativa DinaFem

2 Jack Diesel — Sativa - Positronics

1 Kandy Kush — Hybird — Reserva Privda

1 Mazar Kush — world Of seeds

2 Papaya — Indica — Nirvana

2 Skunk#1 — Hybird — Sensi Seeds

1 K-Train - Greenhouse Seeds

1 Violator Kush — Indica — Barney's Farm

1 Wappa — Indica — Paradise Seeds

1 warlock — Indica — Magus genetics

1 Lucy an unknown Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
All are in veg at the moment, except Lucy a unknown Sativa strain and a Jack Diesel which are in flower as of today.

Indoor or outdoor? All were started indoors and have been put outdoors at times. In the end they will all be outdoors.

Soil or Hydro?
This will be a soil grow.

I will be using only Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and Fox Farm Happy Frog.

What size pot?
For veg I am using 1 gallon regular pots, 2 gallon regular pots, and 3 liter AirPots.
For Bloom I will be using 3,3 gallon, 3.7 gallon, and 5.2 gallon Airpots.

The AirPots information can be found here. Be sure to watch all the videos so you will understand how they work

My veg box and veg closet will be shown in a few minutes.

PH of media? I will try to keep the pH level between 6 and 6.3 measured by runoff. Unless someone tells me different.

Any Pests ? Yes, Bud Miners, at least my last grow had them. I have sprayed the ground beneath the pots with a powerful bug spray. Will use Asamax and Neem also.

How often are you watering?
When the pots feel dry.

Type of nutes used?

From Botanicare:
Silica Blast
Cal-Mag

Other Nutes and additions:
Gravity
OC+

Here is a look at what I have going now.
bigview.jpg

Here are the two in Bloom
both7.jpg

Lucy
lucy1.jpg

Jack Diesel
jackd.jpg

Here is my grow closet
closet23.jpg

One of the other grow Boxes.
ufo1.jpg

So there is the start of hopefully a very long grow, as one is harvested, another will be added until I run out of seeds or die from exhaustion .:ganjamon:

I don't have a pump, but I do 30mg morphine sulphate/10/325mg norco and 10mg baclofen 3 to 4 times a day. I feel for ya, bro!! I am getting some herijuana seeds, gonna try them out and see if they can get me off this shit!!!

I know, I know...
Jumping in on an old thread, and I truly apologize, but I just got excited to see there's a lot of us guys approaching our prime in life, on here. GREAT! I am on MS IR total max. amt. I can take in 24hr. period is 14 tablets @ 30 mg. ea. That's 420 Mg./day for a total of 420 tablets/mo. Please, not being a dick or anything; just thought that the numbers just rolling out this way was quite cosmic... And no, my doctor has no sense of humor. Don't even know if he's aware of the double barrel 420's. Been on some form of heavy Narcotics since May of 2005. Morphine can get inside you and want to take over. I have to be real, real careful.
What is Herijuana seeds? Love to get off MS but have tried several times and cannot function.
Best to everyone,
Belated Happy Holidays...
Paul:thanks:

I know, I know...
Jumping in on an old thread, and I truly apologize, but I just got excited to see there's a lot of us guys approaching our prime in life, on here. GREAT! I am on MS IR total max. amt. I can take in 24hr. period is 14 tablets @ 30 mg. ea. That's 420 Mg./day for a total of 420 tablets/mo. Please, not being a dick or anything; just thought that the numbers just rolling out this way was quite cosmic... And no, my doctor has no sense of humor. Don't even know if he's aware of the double barrel 420's. Been on some form of heavy Narcotics since May of 2005. Morphine can get inside you and want to take over. I have to be real, real careful.
What is Herijuana seeds? Love to get off MS but have tried several times and cannot function.
Best to everyone,
Belated Happy Holidays...
Paul:thanks:

No Problem Paul! That's why we keep these old journals. There is good stuff in them.

Herijuana is "oldschool" pot that's been grown in Humboldt county for over 20 years. A proven medical strain that will cripple the average stoner.

There are 3 phenos to be had,all of them are excellent. The flavors will also vary depending on pheno. The mother i used was a very dense budded female with a sweet hash flavor. A very bushy plant that would benifit from being topped.Thus cutting down the stretch and utilize a few branches instead of having a bunch of smaller buds.

There you go......I just ordered a couple for a future grow.

That was kind of cosmic....pills = 420 :high-five: That's a long time to be zonked on meds. I feel for you my new friend.
By the way..Welcome to the 420 family !
If I can help in any way let me know. Brother take care of yourself......new meds are appearing everyday if they don't kill you with side effects. Nothing but the best for you Paul.:high-five:

Great journal, Med Man, I'm learning a lot. Thanks!

Thanks Chariot. First, welcome to 420 land. No other place like it. Here we value our new members, doesn't matter if your an old pro or a rookie.

Your a smart person.....reading completed journals is a great way to learn about our favorite plant and how to grow it. Some of my grows have been disasters, but that's how we all learn. Kinda like "I wont do that again!" :circle-of-love:

Anyway nice meeting you. :high-five:

No Problem Paul! That's why we keep these old journals. There is good stuff in them.

Herijuana is "oldschool" pot that's been grown in Humboldt county for over 20 years. A proven medical strain that will cripple the average stoner.

There are 3 phenos to be had,all of them are excellent. The flavors will also vary depending on pheno. The mother i used was a very dense budded female with a sweet hash flavor. A very bushy plant that would benifit from being topped.Thus cutting down the stretch and utilize a few branches instead of having a bunch of smaller buds.

There you go......I just ordered a couple for a future grow.

That was kind of cosmic....pills = 420 :high-five: That's a long time to be zonked on meds. I feel for you my new friend.
By the way..Welcome to the 420 family !
If I can help in any way let me know. Brother take care of yourself......new meds are appearing everyday if they don't kill you with side effects. Nothing but the best for you Paul.:high-five:

I TRIED TO PM YOU BUT I HAVEN'T POSTED ENOUGH, SO I HAD TO DO IT HERE.SORRY EVERYONE, I GOT ONTO A DIATRIBE AGAIN!!!

Old Med man, thanks for taking the time to respond. I kinda thought that it was something like that but had to know. It just might be a strain similar to something I have. I got a "mother" from a guy who I was going to do a grow with. I was going to do the clones, etc. and give him them when ready to flower. Neither of us had the space to do both, but the split was to be our answer. He procured everything right down to the plugs nutes and some clones to start. Also, he got one mother which is the one I'm writing about. She has been in veg. for 2 months short of THREE YEARS! I know; crazy huh? Anyway. I was trying to keep her going but got so tall, I couldn't keep her anymore. I had to clone her to keep the strain alive. Problem is she is stranger than almost anything I have ever seen (1st toke age 12, Summer of 1964). ALL the branching is bark covered. Period. Only green stem is what first appears on the actively growing, un-identified shoots that turn to bark as soon as the leaves get long enough away from the stem. Leaves are a lovely shade of deep green on top and purple undersides. So I took some cuttings anyway (never did bark) and treated my usual way. I got a total of twelve cuttings that after THREE months showed no signs of rooting happening. Not even those little bumps I call the pre-root sites (everything has a "pre" doesn't it?). Anyway, I finally got some roots after a whopping 14 weeks of trying. They weren't over-stressed in any way. I have been doing cloning since I first heard of it back in the late 70's, so I kinda' know what's up and what to expect. The only reason i hung in there is that the cuttings remained quite healthy looking the whole time. i simply couldn't believe it took this long. Fast forward... The original mother was allowed to go outdoors (Summer 2011) where she finished her life at 24" diameter and a mere 18" tall! BUT I got a dried, cured, trimmed weight of a fraction over 4 ounces! I couldn't believe it. I got that much from a dwarf! My wife and i smoke a bit more than 3 ounces a month so we are far from being lightweights. The first time we smoked it, BOTH of us agreed that it was the best smoke ever had and stopped at 3 hits! Trust me, no lie, no exaggeration, 3 hits! i have never smoked 3 hit weed. heard of it, but here it was in the flesh. Those four ounces are now down to one, but we've been smoking it for a little over 3 months!!! By the way, she was always a 3 leaflet type, but funny thing, she didn't alternate the sites like it should have. The inter-node spacing was almost non-existent, and the calyx's' were quite fat. Aroma was unbelievable powerful; people would comment as soon as they entered our home. She was grown in my basement under 400W MH 18/6 and in one of the best environments. Taste was on the "medicinal" side, but then again... I grow entirely with some form of Hydroponics. I also grow professionally and (sort of) legally here in beautiful California. Originally from Chicago. love our climate here. So, now after my diatribe, have you ever heard of anything quite like this? the plant's name was "Bling" although I wouldn't have a clue as to her origins, she is definitely a strong Sativa buzz but is an Indica in appearance (other than the bush/dwarf/bark thing. Those double colored leaves are real kool to look at too. Right now, I have 4 "mothers" I'm trying to work with. Just about ready to take some cuttings after I complete my super power cloner I built recently. I build because I enjoy it, but also something they charge nearly $400.00 for, I can do (and better i might add) for around 1/3 of that; yep $125.00 bucks and I got exactly what I need... So my new friend also, i look foreword to any opinions, facts or general thoughts you might have. Incidentally, the guy I was going to do this with simply fell off planet earth. I haven't heard from him in over 2 years. He left me with an 8 tube X 4' T-5, Nutes, that plant and two WW also and a bunch of odds and ends. I re-named her MK-12 (another diatribe best left for a later day). Just thought you might have stumbled across something like this being our age similarities:goodjob::thanks:? I am 59...

I TRIED TO PM YOU BUT I HAVEN'T POSTED ENOUGH, SO I HAD TO DO IT HERE.SORRY EVERYONE, I GOT ONTO A DIATRIBE AGAIN!!!

Old Med man, thanks for taking the time to respond. I kinda thought that it was something like that but had to know. It just might be a strain similar to something I have. I got a "mother" from a guy who I was going to do a grow with. I was going to do the clones, etc. and give him them when ready to flower. Neither of us had the space to do both, but the split was to be our answer. He procured everything right down to the plugs nutes and some clones to start. Also, he got one mother which is the one I'm writing about. She has been in veg. for 2 months short of THREE YEARS! I know; crazy huh? Anyway. I was trying to keep her going but got so tall, I couldn't keep her anymore. I had to clone her to keep the strain alive. Problem is she is stranger than almost anything I have ever seen (1st toke age 12, Summer of 1964). ALL the branching is bark covered. Period. Only green stem is what first appears on the actively growing, un-identified shoots that turn to bark as soon as the leaves get long enough away from the stem. Leaves are a lovely shade of deep green on top and purple undersides. So I took some cuttings anyway (never did bark) and treated my usual way. I got a total of twelve cuttings that after THREE months showed no signs of rooting happening. Not even those little bumps I call the pre-root sites (everything has a "pre" doesn't it?). Anyway, I finally got some roots after a whopping 14 weeks of trying. They weren't over-stressed in any way. I have been doing cloning since I first heard of it back in the late 70's, so I kinda' know what's up and what to expect. The only reason i hung in there is that the cuttings remained quite healthy looking the whole time. i simply couldn't believe it took this long. Fast forward... The original mother was allowed to go outdoors (Summer 2011) where she finished her life at 24" diameter and a mere 18" tall! BUT I got a dried, cured, trimmed weight of a fraction over 4 ounces! I couldn't believe it. I got that much from a dwarf! My wife and i smoke a bit more than 3 ounces a month so we are far from being lightweights. The first time we smoked it, BOTH of us agreed that it was the best smoke ever had and stopped at 3 hits! Trust me, no lie, no exaggeration, 3 hits! i have never smoked 3 hit weed. heard of it, but here it was in the flesh. Those four ounces are now down to one, but we've been smoking it for a little over 3 months!!! By the way, she was always a 3 leaflet type, but funny thing, she didn't alternate the sites like it should have. The inter-node spacing was almost non-existent, and the calyx's' were quite fat. Aroma was unbelievable powerful; people would comment as soon as they entered our home. She was grown in my basement under 400W MH 18/6 and in one of the best environments. Taste was on the "medicinal" side, but then again... I grow entirely with some form of Hydroponics. I also grow professionally and (sort of) legally here in beautiful California. Originally from Chicago. love our climate here. So, now after my diatribe, have you ever heard of anything quite like this? the plant's name was "Bling" although I wouldn't have a clue as to her origins, she is definitely a strong Sativa buzz but is an Indica in appearance (other than the bush/dwarf/bark thing. Those double colored leaves are real kool to look at too. Right now, I have 4 "mothers" I'm trying to work with. Just about ready to take some cuttings after I complete my super power cloner I built recently. I build because I enjoy it, but also something they charge nearly $400.00 for, I can do (and better i might add) for around 1/3 of that; yep $125.00 bucks and I got exactly what I need... So my new friend also, i look foreword to any opinions, facts or general thoughts you might have. Incidentally, the guy I was going to do this with simply fell off planet earth. I haven't heard from him in over 2 years. He left me with an 8 tube X 4' T-5, Nutes, that plant and two WW also and a bunch of odds and ends. I re-named her MK-12 (another diatribe best left for a later day). Just thought you might have stumbled across something like this being our age similarities:goodjob::thanks:? I am 59...

Hi Paul,
No, I have never heard of a plant like that, Bark? At least you got some great smoke from her. Sorry, I don't have link to the person that might know, but just look for his journal, his name is 12Twelve. If anyone knows he does.
I'm 70 and it's getting a bit hard to get around, but will probably grow until I can't any more. Sorry I couldn't help. OMM

Back
Top Bottom