OldMedman Goes Indoors

Well OMM what a GREAT HARVEST i hope you don't stay gone for long it was your journal that i felt the need to join 420 Ive been laid up for the past week I am having a lot of health issues and if any of youall can get a prayer thru it would mean a lot to me and missed allot I am caught up now and bummed your closing this journal you guys and gals were talking about Cali that state owned me for 15 years 11 in different boys homes and 4 in the state penn i had a C-number it was a while ago but like you said look back 5 years and things change it might be Wisdom HMMMM but its been a good ride so far with 420 i finally got that lucy put up but i have a few more just put up new pics of lucy and vanilla kush they are getting huge and a bubblegummer in my gallery check them out if you get a chance and don't stay gone to long OMM THXS for your journal it has brightened many a day for me :peace: :thanks:

I'm sure I'll have to do a few more mods but the dehumidifier is in the grow now instead of in the room so I hope to avoid the fuzzie stuff. I've got 6.5' x 7' floor space and 8 foot ceiling. maybe one more led grow then I'll try the cheap and dirty 400w setup I bought. 600w lumitek and cooltube will be next if the 400w doesn't heat things up too much. I couldn't manage the larger fans and filter I would have needed with the 600w this time around so I went with a 200 buck no name 400w CMH/HPS dimmable setup.

Got a couple of things started (Moby Dick and Black Widow) and some goodies in the mail from Barneys, along with some Vantage from CH9. Getting anxious to get some green in the room. I'm still kind of undecided about a journal, have to see how I feel when the time comes.

Yeah normal covers a lot of ground. I'm probably in there somewhere, lol.

The cash for the car is tied up in the roof which is still on hold, heheh. I'm gettin' too old to keep putting things off.:peace:

I hear Greece is about to start to collect property taxes, so they must have eliminated the brick a year waiver.

Hi Mmmmick. :)

That's a good amount of space you have. I can see why you would like to get a bit more light in there. One more LED grow sounds good. You'll like the 400w. I sure do. Nice that you can change bulbs. If the heat and H are OK, I can see you going to a 600w set up. How's the cost of electricity up your way? It's terrible out here.

Journals. It's my contact to the world of 420 and it's members. I love having a Journal, however it is a responsibly too. To me the friendships make it really enjoyable .

Moby and Black Window sounds good. Barney's has some of the best strains going. I ordered some Vantage too. Won't get here soon enough to be in my next grow.

Your right, you're in normal somewhere. :popcorn:

The older I get....the more I do puts things off....somehow they lose they're importance. :yahoo:

Well OMM what a GREAT HARVEST i hope you don't stay gone for long it was your journal that i felt the need to join 420 Ive been laid up for the past week I am having a lot of health issues and if any of youall can get a prayer thru it would mean a lot to me and missed allot I am caught up now and bummed your closing this journal you guys and gals were talking about Cali that state owned me for 15 years 11 in different boys homes and 4 in the state penn i had a C-number it was a while ago but like you said look back 5 years and things change it might be Wisdom HMMMM but its been a good ride so far with 420 i finally got that lucy put up but i have a few more just put up new pics of lucy and vanilla kush they are getting huge and a bubblegummer in my gallery check them out if you get a chance and don't stay gone to long OMM THXS for your journal it has brightened many a day for me :peace: :thanks:

Hi My Friend ! :thumb:
Don't worry I should have the new Journal up by next Monday or Tuesday. It will be a start anyway...much to veg at first. I should have had em going already, but it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do.

Man, 15 years in the Cali system. That sucks! Jo was once a councilor for the really bad boys for about 5 years. Some she could help others didn't want help. The prison system seems to perpetuate themselves with all they're crazy laws. Which seem to change all the time. They threw away my son's clothes, so now we have buy and send him new clothes so he can get out. What BS.

I'm not religious ....but.....I do believe if I send you good healing vibes they will get to you. They are headed your way, everyday all the time. :peace:

Actually, now that I know you better...you've come a long way Brother. :yahoo:

Thinking of you :thanks:

Good morning! so whats gonna be the new title... perhaps OMM stays indoors or something of the sort. I think you should narrow the choices down and put it to a vote, just a thought

can't wait for the start of the new one are the stories done until the new one is up?

Hang in there OMM and talk to you soon.

:peace: brother!

Good morning! so whats gonna be the new title... perhaps OMM stays indoors or something of the sort. I think you should narrow the choices down and put it to a vote, just a thought

can't wait for the start of the new one are the stories done until the new one is up?

Hang in there OMM and talk to you soon.

:peace: brother!

Hi MS :)

It will be the the wild name "OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2". :yahoo:

Really sophisticated . :Rasta:

Hi MS :)

It will be the the wild name "OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2". :yahoo:

Really sophisticated . :Rasta:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
maybe you should :rollit: one up and think on it, it will become clear in due time!

Love it

:peace:

Hi papatater, sorry to hear of your health issues. I don't pray but sending positive healing vibes your way. Hope things improve for you soon.:thumb:

Hi Mmmmick. :)

That's a good amount of space you have. I can see why you would like to get a bit more light in there. One more LED grow sounds good. You'll like the 400w. I sure do. Nice that you can change bulbs. If the heat and H are OK, I can see you going to a 600w set up. How's the cost of electricity up your way? It's terrible out here.

Journals. It's my contact to the world of 420 and it's members. I love having a Journal, however it is a responsibly too. To me the friendships make it really enjoyable .

Moby and Black Window sounds good. Barney's has some of the best strains going. I ordered some Vantage too. Won't get here soon enough to be in my next grow.

Your right, you're in normal somewhere. :popcorn:

The older I get....the more I do puts things off....somehow they lose they're importance. :yahoo:

OMM, it's a step in the right direction but I'll only use 4x4 or so(maybe put the scrog back together and add a couple of small extras on the side), the rest is for fans and dehumidifier. Gotta run the leds once more. I never really had a trouble-free (PM free) grow with them so my curiosity isn't satisfied yet. I'll have them for backup or to flower a late running crop come spring in any event. I did manage to find Serenade after a lot of searching.

9.98 cents per Kwh here, pretty cheap relative to lots of places.

I also enjoy doing a journal but I find it difficult to stay on top of all those grows my visitors are doing and I don't think 420 needs another "How to grow Mildew" journal, lol.

Your Moby prompted me to order a few, as did Norcali's reco on the Vantage. Then I saw XLR8's Big Bang and decided that would be a good choice for a friend who wants to set up a grow this winter. He's looking for something fairly fast with a good yield, so I thought a decent auto might work for him while waiting for clones on a few others. I'll order the Big Bang once the new UFO's are online next month.

I hope to see the Vantage in your tent after the upcoming round and I'm sure it'll have stellar company as well. :thumb:

Since I outed my autos on Sisco's thread, I guess it's only fitting that I tell you about the other 5 plants I've had on hold, heheh.

I had 2 Black Widows and 2 Afi Hindu Kushes (one tall, one shorter, of each)plus a Lemon Skunk, on hold for a friend who was moving and planned to put them out once settled. They were only sitting under the 90w UFO to keep them from getting too big before he was ready for them. Once he was moved in, he didn't want them, he couldn't do the grow he'd planned. So I let them continue to veg under the 90. Now they are 6' tall and have nothing green on the bottom half, lol. I couldn't bring myself to kill them. I just flipped them on Sep9th under the 90w and 288w. I don't expect much from them and they're not pretty but it's still too hot to run the HPS and I have to do SOMETHING with them, so they'll have a chance to finish in a half assed fashion.

SO thats more than enough rambling about my crap. Sorry for jacking your thread to babble about me.

The age thing just brings to the forefront, those things we want to do and allows the things we "should" do to slide to the back of the list. And if they stay at the back of the list then they're not all that important anyway.

Hope you and Jo are having a good day.

SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Wife said a box came today....3(!!!!! 3!!!)days...2 1/2 days really
Cheapbongs.Ca......75bucks for a 14in. percolator with a 4in ashcatcher!!
Got home before me :(

OMM, it's a step in the right direction but I'll only use 4x4 or so(maybe put the scrog back together and add a couple of small extras on the side), the rest is for fans and dehumidifier. Gotta run the leds once more. I never really had a trouble-free (PM free) grow with them so my curiosity isn't satisfied yet. I'll have them for backup or to flower a late running crop come spring in any event. I did manage to find Serenade after a lot of searching.

9.98 cents per Kwh here, pretty cheap relative to lots of places.

I also enjoy doing a journal but I find it difficult to stay on top of all those grows my visitors are doing and I don't think 420 needs another "How to grow Mildew" journal, lol.

Your Moby prompted me to order a few, as did Norcali's reco on the Vantage. Then I saw XLR8's Big Bang and decided that would be a good choice for a friend who wants to set up a grow this winter. He's looking for something fairly fast with a good yield, so I thought a decent auto might work for him while waiting for clones on a few others. I'll order the Big Bang once the new UFO's are online next month.

I hope to see the Vantage in your tent after the upcoming round and I'm sure it'll have stellar company as well. :thumb:

Since I outed my autos on Sisco's thread, I guess it's only fitting that I tell you about the other 5 plants I've had on hold, heheh.

I had 2 Black Widows and 2 Afi Hindu Kushes (one tall, one shorter, of each)plus a Lemon Skunk, on hold for a friend who was moving and planned to put them out once settled. They were only sitting under the 90w UFO to keep them from getting too big before he was ready for them. Once he was moved in, he didn't want them, he couldn't do the grow he'd planned. So I let them continue to veg under the 90. Now they are 6' tall and have nothing green on the bottom half, lol. I couldn't bring myself to kill them. I just flipped them on Sep9th under the 90w and 288w. I don't expect much from them and they're not pretty but it's still too hot to run the HPS and I have to do SOMETHING with them, so they'll have a chance to finish in a half assed fashion.

SO thats more than enough rambling about my crap. Sorry for jacking your thread to babble about me.

The age thing just brings to the forefront, those things we want to do and allows the things we "should" do to slide to the back of the list. And if they stay at the back of the list then they're not all that important anyway.

Hope you and Jo are having a good day.

High Mmmmick ! :)
You know the more I think about it.......that's really strange.....that you keep having pm with that light.....I think there is a message in there, But what?
They don't get hot enough? Good luck on the next try.

Well, you could just spot check the other grows and leave some "likes" behind until you have enough time to really visit. Many of us do that. I think everyone realizes that grows done right take allot of time.

Yep, I find some good things to grow from others.....they are hard to pass up,
from watching them being grown. Xlr8's Auto opened allot of folks eyes to possibilities of autos.

Nothig like having a grow dropped on you. Hardly any of us want to kill a good plant. Good luck with them.:yummy:

Ramble on old friend. I think of it as thinking out loud. :yahoo:

SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Wife said a box came today....3(!!!!! 3!!!)days...2 1/2 days really
Cheapbongs.Ca......75bucks for a 14in. percolator with a 4in ashcatcher!!
Got home before me :(

Oh! Man! I want to open that box first! I know the feeling......at least you got it! :yahoo: Enjoy! :thumb:

You know the more I think about it.......that's really strange.....that you keep having pm with that light.....I think there is a message in there, But what?

Well, you could just spot check the other grows and leave some "likes" behind until you have enough time to really visit. Many of us do that. I think everyone realizes that grows done right take allot of time.

from watching them being grown. Xlr8's Auto opened allot of folks eyes to possibilities of autos.

Nothig like having a grow dropped on you. Hardly any of us want to kill a good plant. Good luck with them.:yummy:

Hey OMM.
Well I did consider the leds as a possible factor because HPS has some UV and many led units don't. But the temp/rh guages I picked up pointed out the real issue. My DIY tent wasn't moving enough air to keep RH levels down when closed up. With the dehumidifer in the room but outside of the tent, I could control the room RH but the tent with up to 8 plants had too much moisture to deal with and RH levels would sometimes spike in the tent, while room air was fine.
The new arrangement has the dehumidifier in the the tent with the plants and a vent above the unit splits the dehumidifier output to keep the room RH at an acceptable level, for the vegging plants. The flower chamber is now the primary area controlled by the dehumidifier. I had to resize the vent to get a good balance between the flower and veg areas but it is working great now. As long as the door to the bedroom is kept closed I have the same RH in both sides of the room, within a percent, and still have positive air pressure in the room so there is no air from inside the house getting into the bedroom.
We've had days up to 96% RH outdoors and the room remains under 50% so things look promising so far. Thanks OMM, a little luck never hurts.

Yeah the like button is good for that. I find it eliminates reps though. People leave likes but no reps. There's always the argument that reps don't really matter, but that view is normally expressed by those with full rep bars, not so much by those with empty space in the rep bar. LOL

I accepted autos as a viable option after my auto Haze last year, but XLR8's 4.7 oz plant is an attention grabber for sure.:welldone:

They were in danger a few times, due to comments from my neighbor, but I held off until I was pretty sure there was no issue. I'd sooner run a set of fresh plants under the leds and use the HPS for these bigger girls but temps won't allow that hot light unless I spring for bigger fans and filter. Just not in my budget for a while yet. Thanks OMM, anything they produce is gonna be more than I have now.

Heheh, thinking out loud has gotten me into trouble in the past.

Have a great day my friend.

I actually thought maybe the wife wasn't supposed to open the box.. know what was in it... I guess I had the more "stealth" idea in my head. :p

Ohhh...she knows what is in there
I get to be first to clean it :)

Hey OMM.
Well I did consider the leds as a possible factor because HPS has some UV and many led units don't. But the temp/rh guages I picked up pointed out the real issue. My DIY tent wasn't moving enough air to keep RH levels down when closed up. With the dehumidifer in the room but outside of the tent, I could control the room RH but the tent with up to 8 plants had too much moisture to deal with and RH levels would sometimes spike in the tent, while room air was fine.
The new arrangement has the dehumidifier in the the tent with the plants and a vent above the unit splits the dehumidifier output to keep the room RH at an acceptable level, for the vegging plants. The flower chamber is now the primary area controlled by the dehumidifier. I had to resize the vent to get a good balance between the flower and veg areas but it is working great now. As long as the door to the bedroom is kept closed I have the same RH in both sides of the room, within a percent, and still have positive air pressure in the room so there is no air from inside the house getting into the bedroom.
We've had days up to 96% RH outdoors and the room remains under 50% so things look promising so far. Thanks OMM, a little luck never hurts.

Yeah the like button is good for that. I find it eliminates reps though. People leave likes but no reps. There's always the argument that reps don't really matter, but that view is normally expressed by those with full rep bars, not so much by those with empty space in the rep bar. LOL

I accepted autos as a viable option after my auto Haze last year, but XLR8's 4.7 oz plant is an attention grabber for sure.:welldone:

They were in danger a few times, due to comments from my neighbor, but I held off until I was pretty sure there was no issue. I'd sooner run a set of fresh plants under the leds and use the HPS for these bigger girls but temps won't allow that hot light unless I spring for bigger fans and filter. Just not in my budget for a while yet. Thanks OMM, anything they produce is gonna be more than I have now.

Heheh, thinking out loud has gotten me into trouble in the past.

Have a great day my friend.

Hey Mmmmick :)

Man, you sure have been working. That sounds great. Didn't realize you had made that many changes. Now I can't wait to see how it works. I had forgot that you leave no stone unturned. What you've done will surly make a difference this fall and winter. Way to go.
Good luck with your "gift" girls. :yahoo:

If you ever wonder if I do my best to read all posts...

:thanks: for the kind mention in there of Ms. Big Bang Auto there, mister!

Back
Top Bottom