OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

OldMedMan

Jimmy Max Parker 11/2/41 - 02/19/17
Hello Everyone and Welcome to my 2nd grow.
Now that I have had a reasonable success with my first grow and I know all there is to know about growing, this should be walk in the park.. I hope you realize I am just kidding. :yahoo:My first grow taught me just how little I know about growing., so this a continuing effort to learn more about my favorite hobby, growing mmj. Hopefully all of us can pick up some helpful ways to do things better. Please, all of you tuned into this grow I hope you pick up some useful info and If you spot me doing something totally wrong you will chime in and tell me what I am doing wrong and tell me what I should be doing to make things better.

Now let us get into the nuts and bolts.

A little side note here. Here in Hawaii the mmj laws are not the same for all islands, each one has different rules. I live on Oahu and can have a total of 6 plants. 4 real giants, say from 8 to 12 foot tall and 2 smaller ones up to say 5 or 6 foot tall. There has been no word about clones or new spouts, so that part is hazy at best. Determining sex is not mentioned at all, so I am probably pushing things a bit. At the moment I have 8 plants germ’d. All of my seeds except three are female. The three are outside at this time in 12/12. I should know the gender soon. If they all turn out female, I will have to kill two of the total number to stay legal, or give them to a friend.

I should be telling you all the following Information according to 420’s Forum guidelines.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

2 reg. Bubblelicious Indica planted 1/22/10 Nirvana

1 fem CandyKush Skunk planted 1/28/10 UFO

1 fem Great White Shark Indica/Sativa planted 1/26/10 Greenhouse

1 fem Lemon skunk Skunk/Sativa planted 2/01/10 Greenhouse

1 reg Papaya planted 1/26/10 Nirvana

1 fem Arjan’s Strawberry Haze Haze/Sativa planted 1/28/10 Greenhouse

1 fem Rocklock Indica planted 2/1/10 Greenhouse

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All are in veg at the moment, except the Papaya and the two Bubblelicious, which are in flower. The Bubblelicious has been in flower for 6 days the Papaya 2 days.

Indoor or outdoor? All were started indoors and have been put outdoors at times. In the end they will all be outdoors.

Soil or Hydro? This will be a soil grow.

I will be using only Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil.

What size pot? The two Bubblelicious are in 2.5 gallon pots. The Papaya is in a 3 gallon pot. Didn’t have an another 2.5 pot.
All other plants will be in 3.7 gallon AirPots which will be described in detail a bit later.

My two grow boxes will be described a little later on, with size, lights, humidity, Temperature in each box is a running account because of the variations in Hawaiian temps.

PH of media? I will try to keep the pH level between 6 and 6.3 measured by runoff. Unless someone tells me different.

Any Pests ? Only some strange small invisible worm that make marks on the leaves, but do not hurt the plants. I use Neem spray when needed.

How often are you watering? When the pots feel dry.

Type and strength of ferts used? B-1 red, Superthrive, Fox Farm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, Cal-Mag, Molasses and others maybe added.

This concludes part 1 of my Introduction to this grow. I will post part 2 as soon as I get it ready. It will cover AirPots.

Re: OldMenMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

I'm in. From start to finish. Looking expecially for strawberry.
:peace:

Hi Superweed Welcome to my second grow.:bravo:
You are the first to post here, Thanks.:welcome:
I too am interested in the Strawberry too. People say it's really good :yahoo:

I'm here mate.:yahoo::thumb::goodluck: Can't wait to see these airpots. What are your hairdressing skills like:rofl: I noticed in your list of nutes your using B1 Red (I've never heard of it but am guessing it's vitamin B1).
Superthrive is also vitamin B1. If that's the case and B1 red is vB1 there's prolly no need to double up IMO. It's best to use the low end(if it says 1-2ml/L use 1ml/L or 1/2 strength with B1 or it has little affect if needed for stress relief during the plants life. Use it at full strength if the plants get stressed. Have you done any tipping or supercropping on the one's in flower to increase yield????:peace: and:bravo: on your new:nicethread:

I'm in :popcorn:

I am in, don't know what the hell an airpot is but, I am always willing to learn something new. Plus I wish I was in Hawaii.

I'm here mate.:yahoo::thumb::goodluck: Can't wait to see these airpots. What are your hairdressing skills like:rofl: I noticed in your list of nutes your using B1 Red (I've never heard of it but am guessing it's vitamin B1).
Superthrive is also vitamin B1. If that's the case and B1 red is vB1 there's prolly no need to double up IMO. It's best to use the low end(if it says 1-2ml/L use 1ml/L or 1/2 strength with B1 or it has little affect if needed for stress relief during the plants life. Use it at full strength if the plants get stressed. Have you done any tipping or supercropping on the one's in flower to increase yield????:peace: and:bravo: on your new:nicethread:

Hey Bro Welcome. Part 2 The AirPots will be posted later today, making sure it is clear as I can make. :reading420magazine:
Your right, they are both vitamin B. I don't double it up. Fact is I give nutes in very small doses at first. just to make sure I don't cook them. Gonna be fun with 5 strains, learning what each likes best.

I topped one of the Bubblelicious. That is all, I intend to do to them. Just grow them and see how they with do no help.
Nutes, water, and Love. Well, I may do another top or two, greed wins out:ganjamon: If I'm gonna grow might as well get the best out it I can.:thumb:

By the way you have an incoming email.:peace:

I am in, don't know what the hell an airpot is but, I am always willing to learn something new. Plus I wish I was in Hawaii.

Welcome my Friend Glad to have you here.:bravo:

I'll be posting the answer to AirPots later today. :peace:

Hawaii is nice, come on over. :thumb:

I wouldn't miss it!! :popcorn: :cheesygrinsmiley: :popcorn:

Welcome my Friend This should be interesting if nothing else.:reading420magazine:
Glad your here.....keep an eye on me please:ganjamon:

OMM, looks like you picked some good strains... I am looking forward to another great grow under the Hawaiian Sun...... Good luck... Old mans man.... that got a belly laugh outta me.. :ganjamon::rofl:

Well, it's about frigging time.. these old guys and there slow growing plants, we need to have a forum for the old folks!:rofl:

Hey there~! :yummy: I wish you the best with your selection, especially the Papaya :yummy: I just started noticing the lovely smell coming out of the Jungle Fever:rollit::drool:

Will be great to watch you grow some 12' ladies, I likes them tall! Congrats again on the completed and successful grow.:thumb:

Hello Again All,,,,Here Is Part 2 AirPots
Lets look at the pots first::thumb:

Here is the label of the shipping box. It holds 6 AirPots.
1shipping_label_.JPG

The is the box opened to show how they were packed.
2_long_view.JPG

Parts spread on the ground so you can see all the parts. 6 pot frames, 6 bottoms, and 12 plastic screws.
flat_view.JPG

This is the bottom looking in. Sorry couldn't hold them and take pictures too.
All you do is hold a bottom in place in a grove in the side and roll it around. once rolled around it fits together and you insert the two plastic screws in
the proper holes and it's done. Very easily done. :ganjamon:
from_bottom.JPG

This is looking into the pot.
from_top_2.JPG

This a side view...notice you can look through the pot. Roots will grow through these holes and will die. Automatic root pruning. The bottom also does automatic pruning of the roots coming out of the bottom, including the tap root
se_throgh_2.JPG

Here is 5 pots stacked by Joanne from my first grow to give you a perspective on the pots size.
stacked.JPG

Here is a 4 gallon pot for comparison. The AirPots are 3.7 gallons each.
comparision_.JPG

I bouht these AirPots on a closeout sale. Hey, the were much cheaper.
The 6 Air pots were shipped from England to Hawaii for a little less than $100 dollars. So the pots cost me about $16.67 each. The are reusable.
That being said, we all know, that when something is closed out usually there is a problem with them, so when I got them it took about a minute to see what was different compared to the newer ones. The main differences are the new ones have bottoms that have larger holes for the roots to go through and there is a hole for the tap root.
So I got out my trusty Dremel tool to make modifications.

I'm not very good at DIY anymore and here is the results. Not good.:smokin:
This is looking down into the pot.
hole_fromtop.jpg

This looking is looking at the bottom of the pot.:smokin:
hole_from_bottom.jpg

I only tried to modify one. End of DIY. I will use them as is.:ganjamon:
Continued in a moment with more information: peace:

Continuation of AirPots part 2

Here is a link to the company I bought them from:

This one has a great video that shows how they work. Look around the site and you will see better instructions on how to put them together.

This is the end of part 2

Part 3 The Growing Situation, coming up.

OMM, looks like you picked some good strains... I am looking forward to another great grow under the Hawaiian Sun...... Good luck... Old mans man.... that got a belly laugh outta me.. :ganjamon::rofl:

Thanks Be IRIE for making that change for me. I about sh*t when I saw it.:thanks:

Yes, the strains should be good. Now all I have to do is grow them. Glad you're looking in. Got a feeling I'm going need your advice along the way.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom