OldMedMan's Super Lemon Haze Collective Grow

Hi Chopper Thanks for joining us. That's the ones alright. Barney's Farm.
She only has a bit of sativa in her, but I would top her a bit, just to make sure.
My first time growing her, so we are both learning about her. Sure have heard good things about her though. Mine are about an inch tall right now. :) Don't think she will be too long, maybe 60 to 70 days. I hope! :smokin: Just in time for Xmas! :blunt:

60 days LOL ....mine veg outside longer than that. My Jamacians were solidly started in early May...I induced flowering in late August....Looks like they'll be done in another 6 weeks or so....maybe more. 7+months is not unusual for Southern Hemisphere seeds. These Barney's have the heavy main stem with lots of butressing ridges...they were made to get tall. (maybe I can get a few pix up....wifey is DEADSET against "photo evidence" Just posting worries her) I am excited about these plants...if I get a male, I'll seed a branch or two Lately I've been on a roll...only 1 male in the last ten seeds germinated (could it be a function of the soil here in this swamp?)

60 days LOL ....mine veg outside longer than that. My Jamacians were solidly started in early May...I induced flowering in late August....Looks like they'll be done in another 6 weeks or so....maybe more. 7+months is not unusual for Southern Hemisphere seeds. These Barney's have the heavy main stem with lots of butressing ridges...they were made to get tall. (maybe I can get a few pix up....wifey is DEADSET against "photo evidence" Just posting worries her) I am excited about these plants...if I get a male, I'll seed a branch or two Lately I've been on a roll...only 1 male in the last ten seeds germinated (could it be a function of the soil here in this swamp?)

Mate do you have pickup truck? 6 months of veg time, your talking trees!
You'll need a truck for it all. :thumb:

Here in the US if you have a computer at all, they already know all about you. So I don't worry too much. If they wanted me they would already have me is the I way figure it. But, you can still be careful.

With plants like your talking about, one or two of them would keep me happy for a long while. Good on Ya! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Missed the part about the seeds....my take....pure luck! I just got 4 out of 4. pure luck!

Hi OMM how bout some more pics of the SLH nice looking buds .I got two young mothers almost big enough to take some cuttings.. Have you been happy with the air pots ?:blunt: BC

My outter PVC fence is seven feet tall and about 35ft away. The pool area is enclosed in a screen house and the outside of that is planted with philodendron, cheffelera, and stuff, and the side screen is like 30% or something. It's private but 6ft is still about it. I top them early and often and let them bush out. This is like Hi., in that it's very green and thick. I overplanted this yard 15 years ago, now nothing really stands out.

Hi OMM how bout some more pics of the SLH nice looking buds .I got two young mothers almost big enough to take some cuttings.. Have you been happy with the air pots ?:blunt: BC

Coming right up! :)

My outter PVC fence is seven feet tall and about 35ft away. The pool area is enclosed in a screen house and the outside of that is planted with philodendron, cheffelera, and stuff, and the side screen is like 30% or something. It's private but 6ft is still about it. I top them early and often and let them bush out. This is like Hi., in that it's very green and thick. I overplanted this yard 15 years ago, now nothing really stands out.

Now that's cool! 15 years ago! Sounds like you have the ideal place to grow.
Keep on topping! Like Hawaii eh? Great! Love the tropics. :)

Harvest pictures coming up! :cheer:

Hi Everyone :cheer:

Well, today was harvest time for my SLH !

I promised a friend that I would also do a bit of explaining the process I go through when I harvest. As we all know there many ways to do it and each of us does it our own way. These are fluffy light weight buds, if they were heavy buds I do it a different way. That said, here we go. :)

First, after cutting her down I do a kind of pre trim.

Here's a picture that shows what I mean.....

I usually cut the fan leaves off before I start getting serious. Before on the right and after on the left.
pre_trim.jpg

Here's another example.
Before
before_trim1.jpg

And after Sorry for the fuzzy picture.:smokin:
after_trim.jpg

Once I finish the trim. By the way my trim job on these fluffy buds was not my usual tight trim. Usually I trim closer and they look much better.
slh46.jpg

As you can see the wet weight is 355 grams :)

Now for the initial drying process. Since these are fluffy light weight buds I use a brown paper bag. I make small holes around the bottom of the bag for air. I close the bag and shake it gently so the buds are not on top of each other. Like this:
bag_full.jpg

During the days that follow, I open the bag two or three times a day. At times I let a small fan blow into the bag, to help the drying process. Usually after 4 to 6 days I then put them in jars for a long term cure. I open and gently shake the jar to make sure the buds are not stuck together. I do this maybe 4 or 5 times a day for about a week. After that I close em up and let them cure. I've tried different methods such as hanging them in a dark room with a fan for a week. The way I just explained seems to work just as well for me.

Hope I didn't upset too many folks, but this works for me. :):):)

Very nice OMM, look like some nice meds. and if that's you idea of fluffy buds your are the man... I would love for mine to turn out that well... Love the tutorial also. Have not used the paper bag method myself, always hang dry but that looks like a great alternative. Very nice job....

Thanks for showing us the how to OMM!
And as always ur pics are fantastic,and that super lemon haze looks super tasty!
Awesome job man, :blunt:

Hi My friend :) Last year when I started growing I didn't know diddle. So I struggled to find info on things like this. Taking about something is one thing, seeing it is another! Glad I could help a bit. She is tasty, tried a bit of her last night...good stuff. Thanks for the good words. :):):)

COOL POP's Save a big bud I'll be rite there. JK Get down with your bad ass. Congrads on the harvest.

Hey Youngster! You got it always saving one for you! And one for Miss J.

Check my other journal. Harvesting there too! :grinjoint:

Very nice OMM, look like some nice meds. and if that's you idea of fluffy buds your are the man... I would love for mine to turn out that well... Love the tutorial also. Have not used the paper bag method myself, always hang dry but that looks like a great alternative. Very nice job....

Hi Again my Friend Someday I hope to get someone to take video of the process. I think that would really help. I got a feeling where you are at, they dry pretty fast. Takes a while in this humidity. It'd down to 63% today! :smokin:
Have you thought of another grow, or are they still buzzing around your place. I know it must be frustrating. Take care my friend. :)

Well Hello OMM ... great looking harvest you got going for yourself.. I have been lurking around your journals and Iam very pleased with your results on Your SLH and all your ladies to come down so far:)Great JOB! And the CG eeeweeeeeeeeee!!!!...
Well here are 4 of my 9 SLH ladies..30 days of bloom or so......
IMG_48482.jpg
IMG_48492.jpg
IMG_48513.jpg
IMG_48192.jpg
IMG_48522.JPG
IMG_48233.JPG
IMG_48203.jpg

And here are their clones for the next round....
IMG_47912.JPG

Iam just loving this thread and this strain!!!

Well Hello OMM ... great looking harvest you got going for yourself.. I have been lurking around your journals and Iam very pleased with your results on Your SLH and all your ladies to come down so far:)Great JOB! And the CG eeeweeeeeeeeee!!!!...

I am just loving this thread and this strain!!!

Hi Buddy :) Thanks for the nice comments! :grinjoint:

You are growing Cola Trees :yummy::yummy:

Great pictures! They look wonderful! :cheer:

Clones are absurdly healthy my friend. You sure know what your doing!
I would love to see them in person! :bravo:

I love this thread too ;) Because of folks like you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom