Oldsmokey Goes Hydro

Hello and welcome to my new journal. Everyone is welcome. All and any advise or questions is encouraged. It's going to be a slow start. I do have some beans started. I am waiting on the bud to dry in my grow room so I can start setting up the system.
Strains
IMG_20200908_111351.jpg
IMG_20200908_111532.jpg

Sept 8 seeds Soaking
IMG_20200908_112225.jpg

Sept 9 all seeds cracked after 18 hours In paper towels.
IMG_20200909_101448.jpg

Sept 10 all seeds have tap roots transfered to solo cup with vermiculite.
IMG_20200910_191704.jpg

I have used vermiculite for a long time for cloning but have never tried starting a seed in it so this is a first for me. In theroy it should work. The reason for this is I don't want any organic matter in the system if I can help it. Vermiculite can easily be removed by dipping it into water once or twice and it's pretty much gone. I also started another seed soaking on Sept 10 for insurance. Green crack free seed from canuck. It was planted this morning Sept 12.
IMG_20200912_073734.jpg

That's all for now more details to follow once I get the system setup.

Have a great day talk with you later

Grow On Stay Medicated :snowboating: :passitleft:

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

I just sent an email to my contact at @GeoFlora Nutrients and I'm sure he'll respond but may not be until after the weekend. If you just want to request the free sample, you can do it here:

GEOFLORA Organic Dry Nutrients
I’m in too dudes! :passitleft:
:bongrip:
Awesome, here for the ride.
Hey Smokey, looking forward to seeing the hydro, I may delve into it myself after the outdoor girls are in and dried :)

And thanks for the shoutout Roostifer :)
Count me in
Me too please! I have a hydro set-up I will start building soon...take me to school oldsmokey!
Starting in vermiculite, and moving to what medium? Hydroton I hope? Exciting stuff...
Welcome everybody glad you made it! Yes I will be planting into Hydroton in 6" baskets. I am not as brave as Dusted he puts seeds with tap root into the Hydroton. I have grown lots in hydro that's how I learnt to grow but it's been over 10 years. I have always used clones so starting from seed and into Hydroton is new to me hope it works. If not I got lots of seeds just hate wasting them these chem91 weren't cheap.

Back
Top Bottom