Olypenn LED White Widow Grow

Trimmed the fan leaves off the WW to get more light underside to the new nodes. I read both sides of the argument about trimming fan leaves during veggie stage and decided to use what I know about growing other plants. The more light the better and the fans were blocking a lot of light. Guess we'll see how it goes. The NL is still growing strong. Putting in a fan/heating system today as suggested by some of the subs. Thanks for the ideas.
NL-LED-Auto-11-02-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-11-02-13.jpg

Outside temp dropped below 28 degrees. The grow box stayed above 70 degrees without the forced air. With the install of the heated forced air, I put the lights back on the 18/6 cycle. Will see in a few hours when the lights go off if the inside box temp stays above 60 degrees with the heated fan air on. The NL is doing ok and the WW doesn't appear to be suffering from the trim yesterday. Getting ready now to design and build a permanent outdoor grow box system that is large enough to handle 2-8 plants in different stages of growth using 2 LED's and heated ventilation/fan. The new box will have lager inside dimensions and more height. Maybe out to 4x4 and 8ft.. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-03-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-1-11-03-13.jpg
WW-NL-LED-Auto-1-11-03-13.jpg
WW-NL-LED-Auto-2-11-03-13.jpg
WW-NL-LED-Auto-3-11-03-13.jpg
WW-NL-LED-Auto-4-11-03-13.jpg

I took your advice KJC and installed a better heating/air flow system today. Pumping air from inside the house through a tube just wouldn't get the temp much above 60 degrees during the dark hours. I had a small space heater with a fan so put it inside a 5 gallon bucket and attached it to the side of the grow box. The pic should better get the idea across. I played with the temp adjustment and got it to kick on about 70 and off about 90. Will get another timer for the heater so both LED and heater don't run at the same time. One of the pics is a closeup of a cluster/node. Does it look like the plant is already moving into the bud stage? The NL seedling is growing strong. Any comment welcome.
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-04-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-04-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-04-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-3-11-04-13.jpg

With the heater the soil is drying out faster. Added 1 quart of water on the WW and a few cups on the NL seedling. The NL is outgrowing the WW now. The WW must be changing from veggie to bud stage.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-07-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-07-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-07-13.jpg

sub'd!

Love to watch the efficiency of LEDs. Thinking about a future investment in an LED light and I appreciate every grower journaling their progress using these lights!

Also, lovely looking plants! Love the WW strain, one of my fav. Just a question, is it just me or is she looking a bit droopy, like overwatered droopy?

Eventually the LED will pay for itself with the savings on electric bills. I'm not sure about the droopy look on the WW. After I trimmed the fan leaves it slowed down. Will over-watering cause the leaves to look droopy? I might be over-watering because I don't want it to dry out with the heater and heat from the LED. I thought the WW would grow much taller before starting to form buds. Thanks for the comments.
sub'd!

Love to watch the efficiency of LEDs. Thinking about a future investment in an LED light and I appreciate every grower journaling their progress using these lights!

Also, lovely looking plants! Love the WW strain, one of my fav. Just a question, is it just me or is she looking a bit droopy, like overwatered droopy?

Eventually the LED will pay for itself with the savings on electric bills. I'm not sure about the droopy look on the WW. After I trimmed the fan leaves it slowed down. Will over-watering cause the leaves to look droopy? I might be over-watering because I don't want it to dry out with the heater and heat from the LED. I thought the WW would grow much taller before starting to form buds. Thanks for the comments.

Yes that's what I was thinking also :) I'm just not sure what brand/model to invest in yet ;)
Well, I'm in the middle of my very first grow, so I don't have much prior experience. But I did overwater my Sour Diesel during veg and it drooped very much like yours. How often do you water and how much? Also how big is the pot?
Well, you're right in that defoliation does slow down growth, so maybe that's why it's not as tall as expected?
Good weed!

Yes that's what I was thinking also :) I'm just not sure what brand/model to invest in yet ;)
Well, I'm in the middle of my very first grow, so I don't have much prior experience. But I did overwater my Sour Diesel during veg and it drooped very much like yours. How often do you water and how much? Also how big is the pot?
Well, you're right in that defoliation does slow down growth, so maybe that's why it's not as tall as expected?
Good weed!

I can't give an exact measurement of the water but it is around a quart every 4-5 days. I remove the runoff after it fills the drip pan. I was just reading about the idea of sticking a finger into the soil up to the knuckle and when it comes up dry then water. Will give it a try. It is a 10 inch pot. My only experience is with outdoor grows in SW Oregon where the plants got over 6 feet. This seems real strange getting buds off a small bush. Outside it took a 4-6 month season to get results. I am glad to move the whole thing indoors as there is much more control over the elements. Thanks for the comments.

The color of the lights really is cool. The box looks like some alien space ship with small port holes. Anyway, who would have ever thunk it.
sub'd!

Hm, I have no experience with autos, but it might be a bit much. My Diesel, which looks to be about the same size as yours, 25 days since 12/12 is getting about a liter of water about once a week. She isn't drooping (like when I fed her about a liter each 3-4 days during veg racecar ;) ). Maybe try letting her dry out for a while :)
:peace::goodluck:

It looks like the WW is definitely forming buds. Still surprised about how quickly it went from veg to bud. No water the last 2 days trying to dry it out a bit. A couple of more days of drying and will see how it goes. The leaf growth has definitely slowed on the WW. The NL is growing real fast. With this one I won't trim the broad leaves and hold back on the watering to see what happens. Will leave the LED cycle at 18/6. Should I still fertilize the WW in the bud stage? The air/heat/light balance is working good keeping temps at between 65 and 85. Comments and suggestions welcome as always.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-09-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-09-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-3-11-09-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-09-13.jpg

Looks like the fan leaves on the WW are growing again. The NL is growing leaps and bounds. No water today. Soil in pots still damp up to first knuckle.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-10-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-10-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-3-11-10-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-10-13.jpg

hey looking absolutely wonderful! seems like she really enjoyed the drought a bit, she seems to have raised her leafs up a good bit :D
can't comment on the fertilization, but i know many, as well as i, like feeding nutes during flowering. i guess that would be the same but fertilization is slow release right? might be disastrous if any nutrient toxicity would arise.
keep up the nice work buddy!

Back
Top Bottom