Olypenn Second Journal

olypenn

Time to start another indoor grow. Tried growing outside this summer and ended up with all male plants. They did turn into real giants about 8 ft. tall. My new indoor grow is inside a newly built grow room that I put up over the summer. It will give me more room and much more stability with temps, light, air circulation and this time around I plan to do some shaping. The information about the new grow is below. I began with 4 WW Feminized and only 1 made it through the germination. 1 plant will do fine. I have to go back and review what I am doing wrong with the germination process. Let's begin.

This is my second indoor grow.
What strain is it? White Widow Feminized from seed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? High Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Pre-vegie
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks from seed sprout.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? Miracle Grow potting mix with coconut fiber and percolite. Just added 3 tsp of organic fertilizer (Espoma Plant-Tone Organic Plant Food).
If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon
Size of light? 90 W LED placed 8" above leaf.Temp of Room/cab? Temp at a constant 75 - 90 degrees with vents. n
Size of Room. 5x8 with alum and mylar reflective surface. Insulated.
PH of media or res? not tested yet.
Any Pests ? Alreday went through bout of gnats.
How often are you watering? As the conditions dictate. Learned not to overwater after gnat attack.

IMAG037220.jpg
IMAG037013.jpg
IMAG036915.jpg
IMAG036717.jpg
IMAG036617.jpg
IMAG036415.jpg

Had a gnat attack for the past week. I tried something new this time. Used dried finely ground coconut fiber as a top layer above the soil. I would have used sand as suggested but didn't have any around the house. The dried fiber pulled all the excess overwatering off the top and killed off the gnats. Some day I will learn not to overwater. Hopefully this time around. Tomorrow I will take some soil samples to test ph. This time around I am using distilled water. The well water smells like sulfer and seems to rot the soil. LED is on a 18/cycle. Feminized only seed this time so I can control when to stop vegging and begin flowering. I hope to do experiments with clones and shaping the plant. It will be interesting and I am really excited about the new grow room and winter project. My outdoor garden is rea to put to sleep for the winter. Best grow season I ever had. Still eating carrots and squash. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Finished off the gnats. Tweaking the temps and air citrculation. The plant looks to be doing real well with alot of new growth. Never seen this much growth in 4 days before. Should be ready to do some clones real soon. First time to clone so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Trimmed the fan leaves and started training the cluster stems. Got 3 clones set but they haven't made any progress. Processed all the outdoor male flowers, leaves and small stems and made some cannabutter. Used a cup of bacon grease and 2 sticks of butter in the cook. Used a crock pot on low for 24 hrs. The result was a very powerful pain killer. Will never throw away any more leaves or males.

IMAG039420.jpg
IMAG039124.jpg
IMAG038920.jpg
IMAG038622.jpg
IMAG038517.jpg

Lost 2 clones and cut one more. Both are doing well. The room is dry air and plant using water about a quart every other day. Starting to get an umbrella look and stem getting thicker. Put 1 cup slow release fertilizer on top layers. Comments welcome.
IMAG040119.jpg
IMAG040019.jpg
IMAG039923.jpg
IMAG039723.jpg

nice plant..:bravo:
i didn't see u mention the ph

also i suggest when using ro water to add cal/mag. and also i have seen many of the experienced growers say u need cal mag with Led lights .

i see u have some sort of yellowing going on that's why i asked about the ph .

thanks for the comments. The pH is at 6.2. looks acidic. any suggestions? plan to take your advice about the cal/mag infusion. any suggestions on garden variety fertilizer that I can get at home depot or walmart?

nice plant..:bravo:
i didn't see u mention the ph

also i suggest when using ro water to add cal/mag. and also i have seen many of the experienced growers say u need cal mag with Led lights .

i see u have some sort of yellowing going on that's why i asked about the ph .

not sure if u can get any calmag from those stores but i could be wrong . hell walmart is carrying grow tents now..

for soil 6.2 is not far off .. next time u water them collect the runoff out of the pot and ph that .. right down the ph going in and then see what it is coming out ..

also u can get some dolimite lime to top feed your plants with to help the ph fluctuations..

thanks, I found some Fox Farm Grow Big Liquid Plant Food at a local nursery. It looks like it has everything. I took another pH reading like you said and it turned out about 6.1.

not sure if u can get any calmag from those stores but i could be wrong . hell walmart is carrying grow tents now..

for soil 6.2 is not far off .. next time u water them collect the runoff out of the pot and ph that .. right down the ph going in and then see what it is coming out ..

also u can get some dolimite lime to top feed your plants with to help the ph fluctuations..

good deal . i cant remember do u have a ph pen ? if so try to adjust your water going in to 6.7 next time u feed or water and then ph the run off and see what it is.:goodjob:

Within just a few hours after applying the liquid fertilizer, leaves began to burn. I began flushing pot with distilled water. 2 flushes now and here are the pics. Any advice before I loose this plant is very welcome please. Thanks
IMAG041514.jpg
IMAG041616.jpg
IMAG041920.jpg
IMAG041816.jpg
IMAG041713.jpg

damn man that was fast ..my advice would to post these pictures on FaQ and see if u can coco and led guys to give input. sorry man i don't wanna give u any bad advice ..

I thought the same thing you did so no problem on the advice. I think I should have started with a half dose rather than full dose. Every time something like this happens, I learn a lot about growing. The experience can't be bought. I will post on the FAQ's but am pretty sure it is a fertilizer burn. I'm unsure how much to flush the roots thought. Thanks.

damn man that was fast ..my advice would to post these pictures on FaQ and see if u can coco and led guys to give input. sorry man i don't wanna give u any bad advice ..

i agree . thats how i have to learn .. hands on and the hard way lol.. it will just make u more knowledgeable in the cannabis growing department . this site is awesome for that ...

Recovered from the chemical burn. The clones are doing well. Got through another gnat attack with the worm bin. The sand and fly paper trick worked again. Comments welcome.
IMAG044414.jpg
IMAG044618.jpg
IMAG044813.jpg
IMAG044915.jpg

looking good . glad they bounced back !!

are u leaving access run off water laying around ?

Back
Top Bottom