Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

So whats next for the gladiator :roorrip:

I will be firing up again in the new space and continuing on the journey. Getting another Volksgarden soon as well to keep this one company. :ganjamon: If that is me that you are referring to that is.

Cheers,
Maxx

As someone else stated earlier - it was spicy with a stony effect soon after smoking. Doesn't taste all that great, but it is good for zoning out or falling asleep. But the bag appeal is very very limited.

Cheers,
Maxx

Sometimes Some of the most Potent and awesome Strains as far as effect, dont have that much bag appeal, I grew some Swazberry out door, and a friend came over when I was rolling a blunt of it. He hit the blunt a few times and was impressed with the sweet taste even through a plain Swisher and the stone was pretty good Id say about a 6 or 7 out of 10. It hit me much the same as the local Trainwreck here in Los Angeles. But when he saw the bag he wasnt too impressed, the buds looked like just normal orange hairry light green buds, they were pretty tightly form but was nothing special looking and the nose wasnt really that strong.

The Swazberry is the plant that I have as my main pic.

Sometimes Some of the most Potent and awesome Strains as far as effect, dont have that much bag appeal, I grew some Swazberry out door, and a friend came over when I was rolling a blunt of it. He hit the blunt a few times and was impressed with the sweet taste even through a plain Swisher and the stone was pretty good Id say about a 6 or 7 out of 10. It hit me much the same as the local Trainwreck here in Los Angeles. But when he saw the bag he wasnt too impressed, the buds looked like just normal orange hairry light green buds, they were pretty tightly form but was nothing special looking and the nose wasnt really that strong.

The Swazberry is the plant that I have as my main pic.

Is that a cross between a Swazi Red Beard and Blueberry? Is this something from Afropips?

Sorry for the threadjack.

Is that a cross between a Swazi Red Beard and Blueberry? Is this something from Afropips?

Sorry for the threadjack.

No Actually that is a home Breed ... I went to the store and Got a blueberry mother which I started as a clone, the taste and stone were pretty damn good but the weight for the yield was really small I grew in a 2 gal pot a plant that was about 4-4.5 foot tall and only put out about 20 Grams of light Fluffy buds.

So I took a Sour D plant that had turned up male from some Sour D bag seeds I got, because I have Grown Sour D and it makes really heavy Yields and has a killer stone. However at that point I was trying to VEG as Big as possible to grow massive plants before I shut down, in turn I ended up with about a 3 foot tall male, so I crossed the Sour D and the Blue Berry, Rather than call it Sour Berry which I was going to do until I went to a local shop saw Sour Berry, and was told was some other cross of different strains of like Bubble Berry and Sour D but the guy behind the counter wasnt sure, the final buds of which smelled and looked SOOO DIFFERENT from the buds I had, so I was like Well this was sour D + blue berry = Sour Was Berry ... or SwazBerry

I have really been interested in Breeding looking for the best strains .. I also took a Sour D x Hollands Hope Male and mixed it with Bubba Kush, GDP, Purp Kush, Dog Town Kush, Afgani Kush and one or two others that I picked up as clones, they were picked up kind of late in season and I was moving so I grew them to about 12 inches tall and shut them down and powdered them all with the pollen from the male Sour D x Hollands Hope to try to make a seed batch ... of course I lost track of which clone was which but I have a vial of about 200 seeds that are all kinds of crazy looking. Some are leopard printed others have zebra stripes and some are just dark brown with light brown spots.

I havent had a chance to sprout any of the seeds yet but Im really looking forward to the potential that can come from those beans... I just need to be able to sprout like 10 mothers at a time. Which is pretty hard to do in a small grow... but I will be keeping people posted...

Right now I have Cherry x AK47 and Pre98 Bubba x Pure OG Kush so once I am tired of those strains Ill seed them with something and sprout the next ones lol.

:ganjamon:

Maxximus maximizing

A wonderful thing to hear ;)

I will be firing up again in the new space and continuing on the journey. Getting another Volksgarden soon as well to keep this one company. :ganjamon: If that is me that you are referring to that is.

Cheers,
Maxx

Great run Maxximus! And thanks for sharing and all the great info you provided everyone. I've decided to get one myself, I'm ordering it in 3 weeks and have the mothers growing now (Grand Daddy Purp). Is 4 mothers enough to fill the volksgarden in a few months?

I have one question in regards to environment and AC: I've got a 2'x4' tent holding my mothers that I've place inside a bigger 4'9" x 9'6" tent that will also hold the Volksgarden. I just purchased a 12,000 BTU portable AC unit that has two tubes; intake and exhaust. But I'm HEPA filtering air into the big tent right now and dont want the AC to leak bad air into atmosphere. So, should I attach the two tubes to the tent wall and the outside air or leave them in the tent and just point the exhaust up toward the carbon filter to go out???

If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. I will start a journal once my mothers are big enough to fill the volksgarden.

Thanks Jeff.

I don't think you get anything out of the aircon unit besides heat, so i dont think you have to worry about "bad air".

Looking forward to seeing your grow :popcorn:

That should give you plenty of time to grow enough cuttings for a Volksgarden imo.

Cheers,
Maxx

Thanks Maxximus, but I'm worried about bringing unfiltered air into the tent and leaking stinky air out the tent if I attach the two hoses to the outside air. That's why I'm thinking about just pointing the exhaust up toward ther carbon filter and leaving the intake inside too. What do you think? Anyone?

Hi Maxximus & everyone else,

I've been watching very closely the past several months without contributing much, but I really appreciate you sharing your grow with us. I've decided to get the Volksgarden, but before I do I need to get my grow room dialed in and get my mothers growing strong. And I think I need some help...

I've created a new account here that I hope is secure and a new thread with a video of my setup in hopes of getting some great advice from you and any other experienced growers out there. Please take a look and let me know what you think, Grow Room for Volksgarden.

Re: Omega Garden's Volksgarden rotary garden-Completed

Outstanding!!!
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey guys, First post here. Would like to start off saying what a great thread this is and how much information i have learned from you all. Max n WOF you guys are a load of information and i read this entire journal in one sitting...WOF yours is on the agenda for tomorrow! I am as well joining the new economy after losing my engineering job.

My current setup is listed below:

I have been growing on flood tables running hortilux enhanced 1000s w lumitek ballasts over 4x4's with individual airated 35 gal resies, dedicated mixer pumps and flood pumps in a staggered sequence....i harvest every three weeks aprox. one window ac at 18500 BTU, extractor fans and a 50lb Co2 system for the atmosphere along with a bunch of air mover fans to complete the flower system.

A dedicated veg room with 8 steady moms (7 gal ocean mix hand wattered) and a muti tier clone rack utilizing the 1" RW and dome method. A 6x3 veg flood table w 35 gal res for the kids. This room is totally supported by FL lighting and no HIDs are necessary....it just works perfect with my timing and need for clones. and a 12000 BTU ac to keep the climate steady in there.

Nutes i have been using the GH flora, grow, and mirco three part and MOAB for the flowering booster. but i just purchased the entire fox farm 3 part line up to see how they go on my next table.

Yeild has been aproximately 1lbs give or take per table consistently but i think i can be doing better with a rotary sytle system.

I am a collective with over 500 registered and verifiable members so plant numbers are not my main concern at this point quality and eficiency vs space and energy is my factors for consideration.

I am planning a state of the art facility, i will keep my collective name and information ananymous for obvious reasons but would appreciate all your help and in exchange i will keep a detailed journal of my progress for your enjoyment on this site. I considered the carousel, but the $45k price tag just doesnt warrant the machine in my eyes....i read earlier in the thread that the larger ring diameter machines really wouldnt produce a larger yield and may not be the most effective for light saturation. i would like to see some of your feedback for an industrial purpose...what is my best bet....a higher number of smaller machines vs a smaller number of larger machines?? i am considering aproximately 10 units at 25sqft foot print max for my indica's and am going to continue the horizontal system for my sativa's and dominant crosses.

PS i love the feminized seed idea using STS i am almost tempted to try it but am scared to get the whole garden a prego mess!!!

Thanks for the support guys, sonic will you start a new thread or shall I?

I chose this thread because the folks here have been pretty good helping each other, are very informative, and understand the importance of applying scientific method to perfecting a grow... unlike all other discussions i have read in the past. This is the first attempt i have ever done to share my work with the world!

It should definitely provide for an interesting project for you guys to take a peak at, as I am quite an over kill when it comes to this stuff and a data junkie! lol Currently i have rolling logs set up in exel to manage and compare information against previous attempts and on seperate sheets i do side by side views of my variables to isolate the best possible combinations for success within certain strains. Right now my system is running with Gran daddy purple, purple kush, grapefruit kush, sour diesel, massachusets sour (sour crossed with northern lights i believe), and shiva skunk. And i am also experimenting with a log software called cannagrower which is a freeware if you look it up, but im not sure if its ever going to beat keeping spread sheets. The idea is good but im just used to my way!

It will definitely be a wonderful challange for me setting this place up but i am sure the learning curve will be well worth the end result. My projected date should be around january to have everything wired up and ready to roll for the first pass. I will also include a few shots of the build just for a little anticipation hahaha im looking for a space aproximately 4500sq ft on a daily basis. this way i have adiquate work space to move about freely and commercial utilities. once its secured...the ceilings the limit! lol Designing the space will be a challange all in itself because this is a completely legit and a medical R & D facility so i have to follow all the codes for construction..fortunately i will be working with a good friend (an automotive alternative energy engineer and genius i would say!!) and 2 apprentices.

Bear with me guys im still studying WOF journal at this time so i hope to be caught up to speed my tomorrow or so, then i can really enter in on your conversations, but i would be glad to answer any questions and PM to help out the community in the mean time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom