Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

sweet deal oneman, maybe we can keep our multi wheel grow data together so we can learn from each other....have you considered ventelation design on multiple units? and as for resi design, i was thinking of creating a run off channel under the machine to a shallow central drain res to pump back into the main res (its hard to hav a res that size be lower than the machine so gravity return will not suffice in this case) and just run a 200- 300 gal resi to "un clutter" the system and have uniform results on all my cultures in the same stage of life cycle. i think 3-4resi's can manage the entire place. and need minimum maintanance....aditionally with valves on the resi you can swap resi lines to change the nute combos without ever moving a single thing in your room. kinda like having different mixes on demmand. whats your opinion on that?

hahaha no intention on being an escobar but hey if the thing works it freakin works!!! think of the energy savings by utilizing every possible lumen...now a warehouse of carousels thats an escobar for sure!

there are both upsides and downsides to every system. This one is no different. I would love to help anyone I can, so you can post any questions you have in my current journal, or PM me when you have enough posts.

I have 2 completed journals, and a current, so I doubt you will read them all. lol. that's a lot of posts.

maxx, is scarce around these parts. . . but in case you missed it, CnbisMxmus is also running a volks (actually 2) I haven't heard from him in a while either, but he has a completed volks journal.

the biggest problem I would see from running 10 volks (smae as running any large scale sog setup) would be the 800 clones you'd need to feed them. lol, even in shifts, you'll need hundreds at a time. but, in your situation sammy (legal distro center) this may not even be a factor if you already have tons of plants and space.

sammy, please feel free to start your own journal - or if you prefer I can move your first post and let that be the beginning of it. just say the word ;)

I'm really really psyched to see a mega multi strain, and particlarly how you deal with the need for so many clones.

This is going to be great ;)

Here's a few of the best rotary threads. We've had a few others but they didn't materialize.

Rotary Grow Threads
Maxx's Original Volksgarden
Maxx's DIY and Rotary Alternatives
Anonymous Greatest Hits Photos
CanbisMxmus' Rotating Volks Grow
WOF's First Turn
WOF's Second Turn
WOF's Third Turn

hahaha no intention on being an escobar but hey if the thing works it freakin works!!! think of the energy savings by utilizing every possible lumen...now a warehouse of carousels thats an escobar for sure!

ahh 6 wheels would be easy ...geting the 80 clones per each one would only cost you like 7.50$ for the root plugs..and would do 2 wheels on each cyle and could be spaced 2 weeks apart...cuting 160 clones could be done with 5 to 6 mothers. under 400 watt mh or t5s or ....space the wheels out every 2.5 weeks so if you wanted you could get the clones from actually topping a whole wheel at a time to get the clones for the next time and soo on..giving a small 4 by 8 veg area for 4 to 7 days and then a larger room for the rest of the wheels...and have a 30 gallon rez per two wheels with each there own pumps with a water top off system..

You pretty much read my mind except for the topping part, although a great idea for producing clones, IMO multiple bud sets would cause more shade and overlap than what you want in such a condensed space. I want to try to keep it mostly cola with individual root systems and see how i can pump her up lol just my idea behind it, but a fully topped wheel with less plants would also be an approach worthy of trying..bet yeild would be similar..the beauty of the machine in my eyes is the ability to utilize all the available light with no reflector..not really the plant # capacity. Topping and training them may be they way who knows till we try!

You pretty much read my mind except for the topping part, although a great idea for producing clones, IMO multiple bud sets would cause more shade and overlap than what you want in such a condensed space. I want to try to keep it mostly cola with individual root systems and see how i can pump her up lol just my idea behind it, but a fully topped wheel with less plants would also be an approach worthy of trying..bet yeild would be similar..the beauty of the machine in my eyes is the ability to utilize all the available light with no reflector..not really the plant # capacity. Topping and training them may be they way who knows till we try!

the topping would be fine..you would just have to top early and close and top them all the same time...and hieght..i have done soo and and a week or two later there the same hieght as the untoped plants but with 2 tops..

Thanks for the freeware link :)

No problem man. Good find by Sammy. I had trouble using it though as everything is in metric and I am too lazy to do the conversions.

The freeware software thing, I looked at it, and mentioned it to others in the know, and they said it was a bad idea to download it, as one can never know who it is that's behind it, I mean, it is prob innocent enough, but one guy ran a check on the code and found the coding I pasted below Looking at it, catch messages wtf? and what is a hyperlink listener??? Oh Ohh, I deleted it and cleaned up any cookies I might even do a system restore to jump back a bit. I'm just saying, it could be iffy.
This is the code......
(He wrote) Just checked some of it... looks fairly innocent, but I wouldn't use it!

But This kind of stuff worries me :-

CODE
jTextPaneAbout.setText("<br><center><font face=Verdana>"
+ Messages.getMessage(Messages.menuHelpAboutContent)
+ "<br><br>" + "<a href="+CannaGrower.webMain+">"
+ CannaGrower.webMain + "</a>" + "</font></center>");
jTextPaneAbout.setEditable(false);
jTextPaneAbout
.addHyperlinkListener(new javax.swing.event.HyperlinkListener() {
public void hyperlinkUpdate(
javax.swing.event.HyperlinkEvent e) {
if (e.getEventType() == javax.swing.event.HyperlinkEvent.EventType.ACTIVATED) {
try{
Desktop.getDesktop().browse(e.getURL().toURI());
}catch(IOException ex){
Messages.showException(ex);
}catch(URISyntaxException ex){
}catch(UnsupportedOperationException ex){
}
}
}

Nice job max! I just started reading this thread today and it took me several hours to get through it. It was your avitar that got me curious. Very nice looking buds. I hope you get to your 2 elbow mark!!!

hey wheel did you say you topped in the vg or supercroppled..i was going over my purplekush mothers..and snaged 77 new clones..soo i just have to wait till they root them on off..thinking of topping them off early..then flower...any thoughts?

sure, but since this is an old completed journal, why don't you check out my grow and see what i did with your own eyes in my pics. and i would love to answer any questions there, besides. . . i need the traffic. lol.

to answer you though, I LST'd them to the perimeter and vegged them for a month (only had 8 plants.) its working good, but not worth the veg time.

next run I will use around 30-40 plants, lst them an veg for a week or so. i want to find a happy medium for veg time and using less than a full load, but still pull a good yield.

topping them all might be just as effective, but honestly i think that the full load/no veg will yeild the most in the least amount of time, if your not worried about plant count, which I know your not.

Whew!!!

Lots of reading, but very informative and helpful.
:thanks:

DD

Back
Top Bottom