Omega's Colombian Sativa Coco Solo Cup Indoor Experiment

Omega Man

Hello Mortals of the flat plane known as earth.:welcome::thumb::love::420:

I am Omega Man, remanent of the spiritual holocaust that afflicts terrestrial man.

Take the red pill and disconnect from the fallen empire. Be free from the chains that bind you and let's grow together.

From bag seeds of premium state/guerilla grow ops of colombia. All legal. Tropical grow climate indoors. I have chemical engineering under my belt for a premium hydro experience. Let's blow this up !!!!

Semi-Daily updates. No mistakes.

9 Plants total to start.

What strain is it? Original Colombian Land Race
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ALL, High Potency
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Just started
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? Variable sizes
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? (28C)
RH of Room/cab? 55-70
PH of media or res? 5.7
Any Pests ? Just Me
How often are you watering? Only when needed, pot weight
Type and strength of ferts used? Hydro Nutes for coco, personal formula

IMG_212935.JPG
IMG_213025.JPG
IMG_213131.JPG
IMG_213228.JPG

re: Omega Man's Colombian LS - LED & Coco - Indoors - 2017

Thanks for being part of my journal AngryBird and Askhole!

Little update for today... have a very nice looking indica plant in formation. 7 seedlings, 3 more on the way.

The 3 beans I began germinating 24 hours ago and they already popped like tiny dormant volcanoes

IMG_215420.JPG

WARNING!!!! angry bird below
IMG_215122.JPG

IMG_215225.JPG

IMG_215327.JPG

re: Omega Man's Colombian LS - LED & Coco - Indoors - 2017

:rofl: so cute, did you rescue the bird?

I wouldn't be anywhere else :) beside plants , helping if needed :)

Hi AngryBird, yes that little dove was a rescue I fed a few days, she was found "as light as a feather" from dehydration. Then this week she flew out a window at dawn :)

The final plant count is at 9 and they began to perk up and grow nicely as their feeding schedule began 48 hours ago.

I see many indica dominant plants, so after these go to the sexing stage I will plant 9 more seeds in search of the elusive sativas.

1 week old!

IMG_219425.JPG

IMG_219524.JPG

looking good :thumb:

Like the extra holes in the buckets.
I have rescued a few birds myself. One time I saved a pigeon and it found a flock to travel with, for a few months he came back outside my door just to say hi.

looking good :thumb:

Like the extra holes in the buckets.
I have rescued a few birds myself. One time I saved a pigeon and it found a flock to travel with, for a few months he came back outside my door just to say hi.

Thanks Angrybird, oh yea and I believe pigeons are quite intelligent, I've rescued more than I can count on my left hand.

They will remember being raised by their human master and return like you've mentioned, to say high :thumb:

Just showing the seedling propagator from inside. 70W white LED (diy), Humidity is 70 and temps 27C.

Feeding around 400 PPM NPK custom mix with homemade cal mag and silica. The little 200 ml cups are beginning to overflow with roots on some of the plants. I will have to name them tomorrow :bongrip:

IMG_232022.JPG

Is it a strain that IS turning purple??
otherwise :
here are different reasons for the leaves to turn purple and even then it is hard to tell what exactly is going on because i think it is a combination of several factors.
Many people think it's a Phosphor or Kalium shortage but if that is the case the leaves should also change into other colors, for instance with a Kalium shortage the center of the leaves show a yellow color and within days the leaves will appear scorched.
The main reason for your green plant to turn purple is simply because along with the end of the season the nights get colder, this usually results in purple leaves because the roots aren't able to gain Phosphor or other nutrients from the soil that should keep them healthy in growth and color.

Logically when you grow indoors it is generally a shortage of certain nutrients that make the leaves turn purple, when you grow outdoors it is very admissible cold temperatures or swift temperature changing is the reason for a shortage of the right nutrients.
It is very important to take measures as soon as you detect this unique purple coloration, that means instead of giving your plant extra nutrients, first try to move her to another spot or make sure the roots don't get too cold.
If that doesn't help you can slowly give her more nutrients.

If you're not able to move the plant to warmer surroundings you can try aluminum foil or other isolation material wrapped around the pot, if your plant grows in full soil you can place isolation material on the soil she is growing in.

Is it a strain that IS turning purple??
otherwise :

Hi Birdy thanks for your help!

I made a new hydroponic nutrient formula that has extra phosphorous calcium and nitrogen. They were fed 24 hours ago with the new juice so let's give them some time. Soon I will have to employ auto-watering as I am not interested in up-potting any males. Would like to investigate who is female in another week :bongrip:

Here's a little update, going on 2 weeks !

IMG_252712.JPG

Subbed

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Birdie for the compliments! They are looking nice now, green and sheen.

And a Welcome to my new followers Gudyul DeVille and SweetExide ! I hope to check out what you guys have growing :thumb:

That little bird is similar to a european blackbird, found him on the ground while walking my dog. Was not even a fledgling, still bare no feathers! I wonder if he will fly or want to stay :)

We all "up-pot" our plants, starting seeds in small pots and working our way up to the gallons. Why not do the same with lights?

I've got my COB hooked up now driven at 80 watts.

Soon some 93CRI CX3590's will come out to play for 12/12, a panel of them driven at 300 watts

IMG_253723.JPG

IMG_253822.JPG

IMG_253927.JPG

I kinda just put them directly into the big pots while they're still seeds and put all the 2400 watts of power 40cm above them from day 1 :) So many different approaches on growing these wonderful plants. Your plants are looking great by the way - Nice with the birds! Good job

We all "up-pot" our plants, starting seeds in small pots and working our way up to the gallons. Why not do the same with lights?

Back
Top Bottom